Need Help!, songwriting
shredmaster1393
Feb 24 2010, 06:58 AM
GMC:er
hey GMC, i need some help with songwriting. i am trying to find the right chords to fit together but nothing seems to work right now!!! what things can i do to learn more about chords and how they could fit with other chords. THanks.!!!! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not what you take with you, but what you leave behind that defines greatness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font="Impact"

[size="5"][/size]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Feb 24 2010, 07:09 AM
really all you need to know is in the theory grimoire and specifically the segments about the harmonization of chords from the degrees of a scale.

Once you learn that rule, you're free to break it. Ultimately, what sounds good to YOU is what you should write down.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
zen
Feb 24 2010, 09:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Feb 24 2010, 05:09 PM) *
Once you learn that rule, you're free to break it.

Gold smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 24 2010, 10:54 AM
Instructor
Learning how to harmonize a scale is the basic thing to learn, then dig into chord substitutions and modulation. Voice leading and pitch axis theory is worth taking a look at too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 24 2010, 03:04 PM
Instructor
maybe this is too basic, but for me the thing is to have a melody first, whatever you wanna sing or play in a lead instrument, and once you have it or have a basic version of it, start singing it and play chords backing that melody, that works great for me, but yeah.. you gotta know how to play some chords first.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 25 2010, 12:44 AM
Instructor
Check out my songwriting lesson here on GMC, just type songwriting into search.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 7 2010, 06:24 PM
Instructor
learn the basic theory behind triads and chords...and also visualize all the notes from one scale in a horizontal way in the guitar and pick notes from there, nothing else....also record yourself and try different things while recording

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 7 2010, 06:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Learning about chords, triads and harmonizing scales will help you a lot with this subject. Just type any of these terms in the lessons search box.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Conrad Harpham
Mar 7 2010, 10:23 PM
ive got a lesson on bar chords coming up which may help...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 27 2010, 02:54 PM
Jazz Instructor
Essential harmony knowledge here is required. What is tonic, what is subdominant, what is dominant. What is II V I.
All songs basically share the same simple harmonies. If you like songwriting and want to improve yourself, work on the ear training, believe me, that is HUGE!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:38 AM