> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Treydeschamp's Metalcore Training Program
TreyDeschamp
Aug 28 2012, 06:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm down for that one! I'm in the process of selling my pride and joy ESP so hopefully when I do sell it and I get a new guitar I'll be able to submit a REC take.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 28 2012, 08:58 PM
Here it is!

I'll be doing a REC take later.

http://soundcloud.com/trey-deschamp/neocalssical-solo-for-2

Tell me what you think. It's the best that I could do.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: Aug 28 2012, 09:04 PM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2012, 07:56 AM
Instructor
Hey Trey, this is NOT bad at all! The bends and vibrato could be smoother and it could use a bit more groove, but it is technically correct smile.gif We are taking things at the interpretation level here wink.gif

Would you be up for a take that has this correct approach you already nailed AND the interpretation? tongue.gif

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 28 2012, 05:49 PM) *
I'm down for that one! I'm in the process of selling my pride and joy ESP so hopefully when I do sell it and I get a new guitar I'll be able to submit a REC take.

What are you planning to get? smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 29 2012, 12:37 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 29 2012, 01:56 AM) *
Hey Trey, this is NOT bad at all! The bends and vibrato could be smoother and it could use a bit more groove, but it is technically correct smile.gif We are taking things at the interpretation level here wink.gif

Would you be up for a take that has this correct approach you already nailed AND the interpretation? tongue.gif

What are you planning to get? smile.gif

For sure! Before I saw this I ended up throwing it up on the REC. The only problems that everyone has seen so far is my vibrato which is something I've already known that I need to work on. I'm to comfortable with using one finger and it doesn't sound as fluid or strong.

I'm planning on getting an ESP EC-1000 deluxe. I need something without a floyd rose. I need to be able to tune down and my floyd rose doesn't allow me to do this.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 29 2012, 11:37 AM) *
For sure! Before I saw this I ended up throwing it up on the REC. The only problems that everyone has seen so far is my vibrato which is something I've already known that I need to work on. I'm to comfortable with using one finger and it doesn't sound as fluid or strong.

I'm planning on getting an ESP EC-1000 deluxe. I need something without a floyd rose. I need to be able to tune down and my floyd rose doesn't allow me to do this.

A fixed bridge will always do justice biggrin.gif I promised myself not to get floyd rose guitars ever tongue.gif Anyway, working on your vibrato should be a constant pursuit and thus, I was thinking we should start that too - what do you think?

This one would be great to begin with: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 01:45 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 30 2012, 03:44 AM) *
A fixed bridge will always do justice biggrin.gif I promised myself not to get floyd rose guitars ever tongue.gif Anyway, working on your vibrato should be a constant pursuit and thus, I was thinking we should start that too - what do you think?

This one would be great to begin with: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey/

Cosmin

Already finished that one Cosmin wink.gif

I tried to record a take for you to hear but the sustain cuts out. I think it's my settings in garageband although I know nothing about tampering with settings/mixing other than adjusting my amp.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2012, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Sorry mate, I totally forgot sad.gif It's a bit difficult to keep track of everyone's progress sometimes smile.gif Well, I say - why not send me a video having the sound taken with the cam, instead of the Garage Band. It'll help when we work on building technique wink.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 02:13 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 30 2012, 08:10 AM) *
Sorry mate, I totally forgot sad.gif It's a bit difficult to keep track of everyone's progress sometimes smile.gif Well, I say - why not send me a video having the sound taken with the cam, instead of the Garage Band. It'll help when we work on building technique wink.gif

I can try but it'll probably be the same thing. I have to play through my computer because my cab shut down randomly. My head unit works but the cab is done for.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2012, 02:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 30 2012, 01:13 PM) *
I can try but it'll probably be the same thing. I have to play through my computer because my cab shut down randomly. My head unit works but the cab is done for.

Darn! Try it smile.gif What do we got to lose?

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 30 2012, 08:36 AM) *
Darn! Try it smile.gif What do we got to lose?

Absolutely nothing. All we can do is gain. I'll record a take and upload it to soundcloud so you can take a listen.

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 30 2012, 08:45 AM) *
Absolutely nothing. All we can do is gain. I'll record a take and upload it to soundcloud so you can take a listen.

By the way, when will I be getting a REC grade from you on my latest take? laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2012, 03:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 30 2012, 01:48 PM) *

By the way, when will I be getting a REC grade from you on my latest take? laugh.gif

Right away smile.gif I forgot to grade biggrin.gif

Done! smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 30 2012, 09:16 AM) *
Right away smile.gif I forgot to grade biggrin.gif

Good stuff!

Here is the clip so you can hear the cutoff.

http://soundcloud.com/trey-deschamp/bens-vibrato-odyssey-1-demo-1

I have no clue how to change it. Some takes are better give or take but here is a quick example of what I'm talking about.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 07:34 PM
Well, I decided to go ahead and try and record it through my webcam so there is no soundcloud clip to go with it.

The audio may not be so great but I'll be uploading it to the REC program. I've got a nice handle on the vibrato from that.

Question, could you possible explain to me the scales that are being used in the lessons you refer to me as well as how they apply? I'd like to not only learn to play the lesson but learn to understand the lesson itself. Like why the scale is being used and how I could apply what I'm learning to my playing.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 31 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 30 2012, 02:30 PM) *
Good stuff!

Here is the clip so you can hear the cutoff.

http://soundcloud.com/trey-deschamp/bens-vibrato-odyssey-1-demo-1

I have no clue how to change it. Some takes are better give or take but here is a quick example of what I'm talking about.

I got it smile.gif Trey, the premises are good - that means that you start in the right way, but since the cutoff is coming into play, I can't say if you finish the vibrato in a nice even sustained way. This is the only thing that I wanted to add, be more consistent with the vibrato - I can feel that even if the cutoff wouldn't've been there, the note could've used more sustain from the vibrato. What say you?

Cosmin

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 30 2012, 06:34 PM) *
Well, I decided to go ahead and try and record it through my webcam so there is no soundcloud clip to go with it.

The audio may not be so great but I'll be uploading it to the REC program. I've got a nice handle on the vibrato from that.

Question, could you possible explain to me the scales that are being used in the lessons you refer to me as well as how they apply? I'd like to not only learn to play the lesson but learn to understand the lesson itself. Like why the scale is being used and how I could apply what I'm learning to my playing.

Great! I'll be on it once you put it up wink.gif

Sure thing! I find it VERY important to be able to extract a concept and use it in your own playing later on. First things first, we will tackle the theoretical aspects of each scale and I will ask you questions then, extrapolated from those biggrin.gif How does that sound? In this way, I will make sure that you have understood what's going on behind the playing and that you can apply those concepts in your playing - at least theoretically. Understanding a theoretical aspect does not consequentially lead to using that concept immediately - inspiration has to kick in at some point and for that, you need to help your subconscious mind by listening to A LOT of music containing that specific element you are aiming for smile.gif

Please let me know if there's any particular lesson on which you'd like to start this procedure wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 31 2012, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 31 2012, 01:47 AM) *
I got it smile.gif Trey, the premises are good - that means that you start in the right way, but since the cutoff is coming into play, I can't say if you finish the vibrato in a nice even sustained way. This is the only thing that I wanted to add, be more consistent with the vibrato - I can feel that even if the cutoff wouldn't've been there, the note could've used more sustain from the vibrato. What say you?

Cosmin

Great! I'll be on it once you put it up wink.gif

Sure thing! I find it VERY important to be able to extract a concept and use it in your own playing later on. First things first, we will tackle the theoretical aspects of each scale and I will ask you questions then, extrapolated from those biggrin.gif How does that sound? In this way, I will make sure that you have understood what's going on behind the playing and that you can apply those concepts in your playing - at least theoretically. Understanding a theoretical aspect does not consequentially lead to using that concept immediately - inspiration has to kick in at some point and for that, you need to help your subconscious mind by listening to A LOT of music containing that specific element you are aiming for smile.gif

Please let me know if there's any particular lesson on which you'd like to start this procedure wink.gif

Cosmin

That sounds awesome! Like the threads title says. It's a metalcore program. If it helps out my metal core stye of playing I'm down to learn it. I will say that I think it is important to implement blues techniques in here and there with metal since metal is so heavily based off of blues.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 31 2012, 02:54 PM) *
That sounds awesome! Like the threads title says. It's a metalcore program. If it helps out my metal core stye of playing I'm down to learn it. I will say that I think it is important to implement blues techniques in here and there with metal since metal is so heavily based off of blues.

wink.gif Great - chose a lesson which you are working on or one you like and let's start the dissection! smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Sep 3 2012, 05:12 PM
I think sticking to the Killswitch Lesson would be good!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2012, 03:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Sep 3 2012, 04:12 PM) *
I think sticking to the Killswitch Lesson would be good!

Alright! Well, all of the stuff here is actually a combo between the minor pentatonic scale and the minor scale - they always go well together hand in hand and if you want that extra punch wink.gif you can include the blue note and combine the minor scale with the blues scale.

Now, first thing, the main riff is based on the pentatonic shapes - can you spot them ?

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Sep 4 2012, 11:02 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 4 2012, 09:04 AM) *
Alright! Well, all of the stuff here is actually a combo between the minor pentatonic scale and the minor scale - they always go well together hand in hand and if you want that extra punch wink.gif you can include the blue note and combine the minor scale with the blues scale.

Now, first thing, the main riff is based on the pentatonic shapes - can you spot them ?

Do you mean the minor scale and the blues scale?

Give me a little time to analyze the scales and I'll get back to you on where the shapes are!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2012, 07:53 AM
Instructor
In this lesson we only have the natural minor and the minor pentatonic scales combined, but I was saying that the blues scale usually goes well hand in hand with the natural minor scale wink.gif

Take your time mate smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:58 AM