Another Amp Question
Marek Rojewski
Apr 1 2011, 09:26 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi everyone! I have a short break in work, so decided to write about my concern.

Till now I have a Roland Cube-15 that I use for band rehearsing and Line6 Gearbox GX that I use for recording stuff and practicing at home.

Because I accumulated some considerable amount of cash, I am thinking is it possible to spend it in a way that will affect my playing/sound/effect of my playing. I of course know that nothing beats finger skills, but surely the same person will sound a bit better on better gear...

Having said that, I am lost in terms of what I need. The sound I love the most if of my favorite band Blind Guardian. This band uses Mesa and Engl amps. Marcus uses Mesa, and lead guitarist uses Engl Powerball. Of course I am also a fan of more vintage sounds, like Metallica/Iron Maiden/Judas Priests have, but am unsure if it is possible to have all of these in one amp/setup...

The gear listed by most famous players are big amps, like the above mentioned Powerball that is a 100watt amp. I suspect that a guitarist that started rehearsing not to long ago, and won't gig in places bigger than bars in the near future doesn't need such power...But at the same time most reviews do tell about big amps superior sound, and it isn't easy to "settle for something poorer" after reading few of those...

As You can see I am really clueless about what direction I should take.

When it comes to money, it isn't a very big issue, I've been saving money for ages, so I could muster as much as 1500-2500 euro. Of course while buying a big amp+cab for such money is acceptable, buying 20 watt super uber boutique amp isn't. I don't want to sound like a rich boy that has to much money to spend, I just prefer to buy something that can last for years until my needs change, than change gear often.

Sorry for such a long text. If it isn't readable I can try to rewrite it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 PM