Xbox Live, Problem...
FretDancer69
Jan 9 2008, 03:15 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone, i was just setting up my Xbox Live today and i registered my gamer tag at Xbox.com and then i Retrieved it inside the Xbox and at the end of the Sign Up page, when you need to enter City, State, etc., an error message appears and say "Sign Up is currently Unavailable, please try again later", something like that. I tried doing it many times and the same message comes up, can someone help me?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jan 9 2008, 03:16 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobM
Jan 9 2008, 03:24 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:15 PM) *
Hey everyone, i was just setting up my Xbox Live today and i registered my gamer tag at Xbox.com and then i Retrieved it inside the Xbox and at the end of the Sign Up page, when you need to enter City, State, etc., an error message appears and say "Sign Up is currently Unavailable, please try again later", something like that. I tried doing it many times and the same message comes up, can someone help me?

Thanks

It's probably because the email you used is not a real and funtioning one. I recently did the same thing and then had to go to hotmail and creadte a brand new email address just to sign up for Xbox live (now I think I have an email address on every major site there is, lol). Kind of a weird way to sign up to play games and it's very confusing but that was what my problem ended up being.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by RobM: Jan 9 2008, 03:25 AM

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 9 2008, 03:36 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 9 2008, 03:15 AM) *

Thanks

Try to do it at like 3-6 pm. It happend to me, but I just did it the next day at 4 and It worked..

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 9 2008, 03:59 AM
QUOTE (RobM @ Jan 8 2008, 08:24 PM) *
It's probably because the email you used is not a real and funtioning one. I recently did the same thing and then had to go to hotmail and creadte a brand new email address just to sign up for Xbox live (now I think I have an email address on every major site there is, lol). Kind of a weird way to sign up to play games and it's very confusing but that was what my problem ended up being.

well, i used the email i always use, the one i use for msn, the one i use for everything so its strange that it wont work...

QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jan 8 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Try to do it at like 3-6 pm. It happend to me, but I just did it the next day at 4 and It worked..

tj

ok, ill try that. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joey
Jan 9 2008, 04:26 AM
Yeah thats been happening a lot to me lately too i cant recover my gamertag try doin what tj said

+Quote Post
RobM
Jan 9 2008, 05:58 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:59 PM) *
well, i used the email i always use, the one i use for msn, the one i use for everything so its strange that it wont work...
ok, ill try that. smile.gif

I did read an article on yahoo (they have a lot of pretty good articles) about how the Xbox Live part of M$ is having problems related to so many people going out and buying an Xbox during the Christmas season. This increased the traffic so much on their network that they were having trouble providing bandwidth etc for everyone who wanted to signup and play. According to this article it was supposed to have been fixed by now, but I'm guessing it's not entirely fixed and they will have a bit more tweaking to do for a few weeks yet until they get all of the bugs sorted out with their growth. Amazing what 1 million+ more people will do to a network not designed to carry that kind of load, lol.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 9 2008, 06:34 AM
QUOTE (RobM @ Jan 8 2008, 10:58 PM) *
I did read an article on yahoo (they have a lot of pretty good articles) about how the Xbox Live part of M$ is having problems related to so many people going out and buying an Xbox during the Christmas season. This increased the traffic so much on their network that they were having trouble providing bandwidth etc for everyone who wanted to signup and play. According to this article it was supposed to have been fixed by now, but I'm guessing it's not entirely fixed and they will have a bit more tweaking to do for a few weeks yet until they get all of the bugs sorted out with their growth. Amazing what 1 million+ more people will do to a network not designed to carry that kind of load, lol.

that must be it then, thanks! i was getting frustrated now.. first, fixing the xbox... now this... lol, it seemsl that ill have to wait. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 12 2008, 04:10 AM
Damn im still having this problem, anyone here got more ideas? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 12 2008, 01:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 12 2008, 04:10 AM) *
Damn im still having this problem, anyone here got more ideas? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Microsoft might be able to help you unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Jan 12 2008, 02:13 PM
Assuming this is a bandwidth issue I would definatly recommend waiting until a time where most of our American friends will be asleep or at work. Other than that all I can say is be patient and keep trying, Microsoft are probably still ironing out the network.

I feel for you sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 12 2008, 02:15 PM
Don't waste your time on silly games, practice guitar instead. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 12 2008, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Moon Boots @ Jan 12 2008, 07:13 AM) *
Assuming this is a bandwidth issue I would definatly recommend waiting until a time where most of our American friends will be asleep or at work. Other than that all I can say is be patient and keep trying, Microsoft are probably still ironing out the network.

I feel for you sad.gif

yeah i guess ill have to do that.

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Jan 12 2008, 07:15 AM) *
Don't waste your time on silly games, practice guitar instead. tongue.gif

Yes very true. I dont, im setting it up for my brother, i rarely play games and watch TV anymore, and you know why. But it sometimes good to relax from that, from time to time of course. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 13 2008, 12:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I always play games at night, cause i cant play guitar cause i tend to wake people up smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 13 2008, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 12 2008, 05:29 PM) *
I always play games at night, cause i cant play guitar cause i tend to wake people up smile.gif

Yeah same, you got Xbox 360? whats your gamertag? i finally got it working! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 13 2008, 05:22 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Same as here,

The Uncreator

Im on Call Of Duty 4 every so often.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 13 2008, 05:43 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 13 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Same as here,

The Uncreator

Im on Call Of Duty 4 every so often.

Ok, ill add you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:38 PM