> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Scorpiotic's Phrasing Workshop
Scorpiotic
Mar 5 2013, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Here's the legato lesson wink.gif

I think the difficulty of yours and Lians lesson will be sufficient, and hopefully soon I may tackle some "easy" 5's wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Legato_Lesson.mp4 ( 7.18MB ) Number of downloads: 125

--------------------
- Scorpiotic
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2013, 09:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Scorpiotic @ Mar 5 2013, 02:09 PM) *
Here's the legato lesson wink.gif

I think the difficulty of yours and Lians lesson will be sufficient, and hopefully soon I may tackle some "easy" 5's wink.gif

It's clear that the previous one and this one are in your grasp, so after taking care of the other two, we'll pump new ones into the mix smile.gif I like the fact that you have a nice clear tone and good intonation when you play!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 10 2013, 05:20 AM
next lesson - Lian's how to riff

the mix is a little low on my guitar, so i can send you a remix with the guitartrack a bit louder if you feel you need to hear it better.
besides that im happy with the outcome. what was most challenging was the 3rd fret pinch harmonics i think, as well as the overall fluency. it was a good learning experience smile.gif

and i gotta get a grip on my guitarplaying/recording face tongue.gif

starting the alter bridge style now. lets hope my guitar/strings can deal with the tuning wink.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_How_to_Riff_pt1.mp4 ( 4.21MB ) Number of downloads: 127

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2013, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!! Sounds like it's a straight ten all the way, although I would love to hear a mix with the guitar a lil bit louder biggrin.gif

I think I have to throw in some more challenges to bring you further along the path, because you have the skills man smile.gif

Let's see the Alter and then, new tasks for you!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 10 2013, 12:07 PM
Cheers smile.gif
upon remixing I heard my second 5th fret harmonic missed, and the first 3rd fret harmonic was a bit short (stressing a bit getting to the octave slides). But yea, was fun smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lian_How_to_Riff_pt1_remix.mp4 ( 3.88MB ) Number of downloads: 102

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2013, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Ok, now after listening to this mix, I think you can get this a little tighter - it seems a bit loose at points, by that I mean that you are not playing some notes with a clear and strong spirit. The timing is good but, the intention could be better! let me know if I was clear smile.gif

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 10 2013, 01:49 PM
yea i understand. i'll circle back to it after the Alter Bridge style smile.gif hopefully it wont take me too long.

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 10 2013, 02:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Scorpiotic @ Mar 10 2013, 12:49 PM) *
yea i understand. i'll circle back to it after the Alter Bridge style smile.gif hopefully it wont take me too long.

Sure thing! It's just a matter of approach wink.gif

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 2 2014, 04:47 AM
Hey man long time no see !

I've been off for a while but I'm back with a new project - Symphonic metal

Just started an Honors of Music and my university where, among else, I will make an album consisting of 5 tracks (20-30mins of playtime) to use for a survey (the survey really just being an excuse to spend a year on music haha).

What do you think ? smile.gif

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 2 2014, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Welcome back man!

Very nice smile.gif Well, you can share the progress here and I will be the 'listener' and tell you my opinion and what I would do to improve things, if and where necessary. If you wish, of course wink.gif

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 3 2014, 06:28 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 2 2014, 01:26 PM) *
Welcome back man!

Very nice smile.gif Well, you can share the progress here and I will be the 'listener' and tell you my opinion and what I would do to improve things, if and where necessary. If you wish, of course wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif
its early in the project still, and I was wondering if you could help me get started. For instance, what sort of intervals and scales is used in this kind of music ? I've done a few googles but haven't found any concrete answers...
And any other tips you could have for composing this kind of music

Cheers

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I think that you should master the major scale, the minor scale, the melodic minor and harmonic minor and its modes and the diminished scale. You can find them all here - I suggest we take them one at a time and then I can give you assignments as lessons here which are based on them smile.gif Deal?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry634876
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48132
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48834
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50246

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 23 2014, 08:05 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2014, 04:21 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif I think that you should master the major scale, the minor scale, the melodic minor and harmonic minor and its modes and the diminished scale. You can find them all here - I suggest we take them one at a time and then I can give you assignments as lessons here which are based on them smile.gif Deal?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0#entry634876
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48132
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48834
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50246

sounds good. I'm fairly familiar with the regular major and minor and the modes around them so can probably skip those.
Ionian (major), Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aolian (minor) and Locrian correct ?

I seem to remember that Aolian is either the harmonic minor or melodic minor, can never remember which..
But whichever it is not the synonym for I'll need to work on indeed, as with the dimished.

Deal

also quick question; do you know where I can check how long I have left of my current (paid) membership ?

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2014, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

The Aeolian mode is the natural minor mode, belonging to the 6th step of the major scale. The harmonic or melodic minor modes do not belong to the major scale. Now for the subscription, you should definitely write Bogdan Radovic a PM wink.gif He is the big kahuna around here when it comes to site administration and such things.

keep me posted!

Cosmni

QUOTE (Scorpiotic @ Mar 23 2014, 07:05 AM) *
sounds good. I'm fairly familiar with the regular major and minor and the modes around them so can probably skip those.
Ionian (major), Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aolian (minor) and Locrian correct ?

I seem to remember that Aolian is either the harmonic minor or melodic minor, can never remember which..
But whichever it is not the synonym for I'll need to work on indeed, as with the dimished.

Deal

also quick question; do you know where I can check how long I have left of my current (paid) membership ?

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Mar 29 2014, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 23 2014, 10:24 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif

The Aeolian mode is the natural minor mode, belonging to the 6th step of the major scale. The harmonic or melodic minor modes do not belong to the major scale. Now for the subscription, you should definitely write Bogdan Radovic a PM wink.gif He is the big kahuna around here when it comes to site administration and such things.

keep me posted!

Cosmni

did a check; so aeolian is the natural minor aka melodic descending. So I assume the other melodic is the ascending one, (assuming that alters the structure with regards to intervals). Does this seem right ? I guess the descending is called natural while the ascending is called just melodic minor for easier distinction between the two...

Ok do you have any exercises or lessons to make the scales interesting ? smile.gif

cheers

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2014, 09:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Scorpiotic @ Mar 29 2014, 11:59 AM) *
did a check; so aeolian is the natural minor aka melodic descending. So I assume the other melodic is the ascending one, (assuming that alters the structure with regards to intervals). Does this seem right ? I guess the descending is called natural while the ascending is called just melodic minor for easier distinction between the two...

Ok do you have any exercises or lessons to make the scales interesting ? smile.gif

cheers

First of all, the Aeolian is all minor back and forth and the melodic is ascending as melodic and descending as natural minor, out of what I know smile.gif More on that can be found here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48608

I haven't used the melodic minor at all so far - so I'd strongly advise you to read the theory in the thread above. As for Aeolian based lessons, here it is at work: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/B-Minor-Ballad-Solo/

What better way to hear the natural minor sensibilities than in a ballad? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Aug 20 2014, 07:08 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 30 2014, 09:37 PM) *
First of all, the Aeolian is all minor back and forth and the melodic is ascending as melodic and descending as natural minor, out of what I know smile.gif More on that can be found here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48608

I haven't used the melodic minor at all so far - so I'd strongly advise you to read the theory in the thread above. As for Aeolian based lessons, here it is at work: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/B-Minor-Ballad-Solo/

What better way to hear the natural minor sensibilities than in a ballad? smile.gif

Hi,

Long time no see (sorry)

I've finished my first track, one in the mastering process and one still in writing.

Made a thread on it, hope you will take part.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=52843
Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2014, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Howdy mate smile.gif

I'll go check it out! In the mean time, how have you been? What have you been working on lately?

QUOTE (Scorpiotic @ Aug 20 2014, 06:08 AM) *
Hi,

Long time no see (sorry)

I've finished my first track, one in the mastering process and one still in writing.

Made a thread on it, hope you will take part.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=52843
Cheers smile.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:06 PM