How Do You Alternate Picking While Palm Muting?
Martin la guitar...
Apr 30 2008, 05:07 PM
GMC:er
For me, palm muting has always been a technique i rarely practice, due to my bad right hand. When i am alternate picking (while palm muting) i feel very uncomfortable, i have to change the way i hold the pick and i have to twist my hand so that i can hit the strings from the side (hard to explain.)

I can't hit the notes as i would do if i am palm muting, I am at the moment recovering from bad alternate picking habbits and now i am constantly going up and down with my right hand, picking with the wrists so to speak. But when i do that while palm muting, i dont get enough space ( between the pick and the strings) and the picking (with the wrists).

What should i do, i hope i gave enough explaination....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Lian Gerbino
Apr 30 2008, 05:27 PM
Instructor
try puting your palm muting hand in a comfortable position to reach all the strings and practice your exercises in very slow tempo. dont play it faster if you cant play it clean in slow tempo.
you can see how i do it in my lesson here. part 3
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
with practice you´ll make it.

my lessons

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:53 AM