> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Ulrik’s Road To Perfection, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Ulrik! Welcome to your thread for the Gab's Army Mentoring Project!

Please post here your goals and expectations regarding this project as well as some links of you playing solo and rhythm guitar. I have seen and graded your REC takes but It will be easier for me to have some videos here. This project is to help you so I will be giving you assignments and also we will join Collabs. You can use this thread to ask me everything you need and to work on whatever you think I can help you.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... ph34r.gif )

Let's start working! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2012, 07:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Ulrik! Thanks for all these videos! It's great to find you motivated! smile.gif

The lesson:
It sounds god, I think that it's ok for the REC, and that it will pass. It's a better take compared to your previous one but it still need work on the same things. Timing shoudl be even tighter, and your palm muting sound coulg be improved. It seems that sometimes you should mute the strings a bit more to get that Trash Metal sound. Concentrate on those two things and the take will be even better. Please post it at the REC to receive more feedback about it!

The harmonics:
I had the some problem when I was beginning with this technique. It's difficult make it sounds everytime that you decide it when you are new on pinch harmonics. You get the correct sound many times so you really understand and know how to get it, now you must practice it at least 10 minutes every day to get used to make it sounds at every time that you decide it. The is something cool about the intervals that you can get. Have you checked this tutorial about it?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pinch-Harmonics-Workout/

Thirds:
I think that you really need to train your rhythm with exercises like this one! There I can note that you clearly need to improve this. In this case you are muting the strings to much and the notes don't sound clear.

9-8-5
This exercises are really difficult. The independence between fingers 3 and 4 is something difficult to get so that's why this exercises are important and very effective. I don't find something to fix on this ones, just continue practising!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Mar 25 2012, 07:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your feedback, I just bookmarked that lesson now
www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pinch-Harmonics-Workout

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2012, 08:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Mar 25 2012, 03:54 PM) *
Thanks for your feedback, I just bookmarked that lesson now
www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pinch-Harmonics-Workout

Excellent! Ramiro covered the technique very well on that lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Apr 3 2012, 09:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
The pinch harmonics are getting way better, guess it pays off to practice smile.gif

Sometimes I can play alot, but other times it will only be 2-3 times a week.
But now I seem to be in a good routine with my new job, so it should be possible to play almost every day

I hope to do some more recordings this weekend and make another Rec program video

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2012, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 3 2012, 05:12 PM) *
The pinch harmonics are getting way better, guess it pays off to practice smile.gif

Sometimes I can play alot, but other times it will only be 2-3 times a week.
But now I seem to be in a good routine with my new job, so it should be possible to play almost every day

I hope to do some more recordings this weekend and make another Rec program video

Hey mate! Thanks for the update! Everything sounds perfect for me. Practice always pays off! smile.gif
Looking forward your videos!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Apr 11 2012, 10:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi, I got some unfinished work, that I would like to add to the Army Album

I got 2 whole songs, and I would like to turn my metal concepts recording to a song.

I got EZdrumer now for better drums, but my local shop has been more than 2½ weeks to get me my Metal Machine expansion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2012, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 11 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Hi, I got some unfinished work, that I would like to add to the Army Album

I got 2 whole songs, and I would like to turn my metal concepts recording to a song.

I got EZdrumer now for better drums, but my local shop has been more than 2½ weeks to get me my Metal Machine expansion.

Hi mate! I checked the three songs and my favourites are the first and the third one. The first one has a cool riff but need some other sections since it repeats the same idea many time. The third one sound really fresh for me, I would pick that one if you want to explore something original that can take us to unexpected results. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Apr 13 2012, 07:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 13 2012, 07:33 PM) *
Hi mate! I checked the three songs and my favourites are the first and the third one. The first one has a cool riff but need some other sections since it repeats the same idea many time. The third one sound really fresh for me, I would pick that one if you want to explore something original that can take us to unexpected results. What do you think?

Yes, I'm quite happy with that, It's been a long time since I started it, so now I got some more motivation to finish it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2012, 04:59 PM
Instructor
[indent][/indent]
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 13 2012, 03:55 PM) *
Yes, I'm quite happy with that, It's been a long time since I started it, so now I got some more motivation to finish it

So, let's start working. What about recording some real guitars to check how it sounds?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Apr 14 2012, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, I'm just playing around with EZdrummer right now to get the drums right. You can hear it in just a minute or so

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2012, 05:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 14 2012, 01:09 PM) *
Yes, I'm just playing around with EZdrummer right now to get the drums right. You can hear it in just a minute or so

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Gabriel Leopardi   Ulrik’s Road To Perfection   Feb 22 2012, 04:03 PM
- - Ulrik   Here is my story. I've been a member and play...   Feb 22 2012, 07:39 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi Ulrik! Thanks for this complete post about ...   Feb 22 2012, 08:23 PM
|- - Ulrik   It sounds like a good plan to do Lians lesson. I ...   Feb 22 2012, 10:11 PM
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   That sounds great! It's important to keep ...   Feb 24 2012, 07:25 AM
|- - Ulrik   First warm up thing sound like this right now at 1...   Feb 24 2012, 04:12 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 24 2012, 12:12 PM) Fir...   Feb 24 2012, 04:45 PM
|- - Ulrik   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 24 2012, 04...   Feb 24 2012, 05:15 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 24 2012, 01:15 PM) Swe...   Feb 24 2012, 05:30 PM
|- - Ulrik   This warm up can use some more practice. I tried...   Feb 28 2012, 05:57 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Feb 28 2012, 01:57 PM) Thi...   Feb 28 2012, 06:21 PM
|- - Ulrik   Youtube would not upload my video today, and I...   Feb 29 2012, 03:44 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi Ulrik! Thanks for this take! You are on...   Feb 29 2012, 05:08 PM
|- - Ulrik   Hi Gabe it's been too long I know I did...   Mar 25 2012, 11:32 AM
nnn
|- - Ulrik   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 14 2012, 06...   Apr 14 2012, 05:41 PM
|- - Ulrik   I did another REC take. I'm not really that e...   Apr 14 2012, 09:02 PM
|- - Ulrik   I think I'll go back to the triplets on the ba...   Apr 15 2012, 11:26 AM
|- - Ulrik   Never version Just check out the part until 1:30 ...   Apr 15 2012, 02:17 PM
|- - Ulrik   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T420fUXShDY   Apr 15 2012, 03:08 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 15 2012, 10:17 AM) Nev...   Apr 16 2012, 05:18 AM
|- - Ulrik   Now that I got EZDrummer and the Metal Machine pac...   Apr 28 2012, 11:33 PM
|- - Ulrik   And again a new version. I'm not satisfied wi...   Apr 29 2012, 03:40 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Apr 29 2012, 11:40 AM) And...   Apr 30 2012, 04:37 PM
|- - Ulrik   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 30 2012, 05...   May 16 2012, 08:02 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ May 16 2012, 04:02 PM) I...   May 17 2012, 04:06 PM
|- - Ulrik   I sort of sorted it out, but it is still strange t...   Jun 5 2012, 08:38 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi Ulrik! I like how this is slowly becoming a...   Jun 7 2012, 08:15 PM
|- - Ulrik   It's been to long since I worked on this song....   Sep 1 2012, 07:28 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 1 2012, 03:28 PM) It...   Sep 2 2012, 12:19 AM
|- - Ulrik   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2012, 01...   Sep 2 2012, 12:03 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 2 2012, 08:03 AM) Yes ...   Sep 2 2012, 10:11 PM
|- - Ulrik   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 2 2012, 11...   Sep 2 2012, 10:33 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Sep 2 2012, 06:33 PM) Yeah...   Sep 2 2012, 10:48 PM
|- - Ulrik   Hi. I'm trying to do some more of the exerci...   Jan 13 2013, 02:40 PM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 13 2013, 10:40 AM) Hi....   Jan 13 2013, 11:01 PM
|- - Ulrik   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 13 2013, 11...   Jan 14 2013, 11:38 AM
|- - Ulrik   For example this take has some simple muting, but ...   Jan 14 2013, 01:18 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi mate! Let's start with Palm Muting. I ...   Jan 14 2013, 02:44 PM
- - Ulrik   Ok, good plan. This collab has an ending date 20/...   Jan 14 2013, 04:39 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 14 2013, 12:39 PM) Ok,...   Jan 15 2013, 05:58 PM
- - Ulrik   So I justed spend 20+ minutes with this and I came...   Jan 15 2013, 08:51 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 15 2013, 04:51 PM) So ...   Jan 16 2013, 11:54 AM
- - Ulrik   Just did a take fast http://www.youtube.com/watch...   Jan 16 2013, 04:31 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 16 2013, 12:31 PM) Jus...   Jan 17 2013, 11:04 AM
- - Ulrik   Hi, I will not completely abandon all this we agre...   Jan 21 2013, 08:17 PM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 21 2013, 04:17 PM) Hi,...   Jan 21 2013, 11:28 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:12 PM