muting????
chainsbroken
Feb 5 2007, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
Ok I'm going to try to explain this as simple as possible. Say I'm doing a solo and the next note i want to hit is on the 2nd string 12th fret.(just an example) I've noticed alot of guys including Kris palm muting all the strings above and strumming down through the other 4 strings before hiting that note. Is there a purpose for that or is it just a good muting technique? Hope someone knows what I'm talking about...Thanks for the help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Deano
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 5 2007, 10:11 PM
QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Feb 5 2007, 02:10 PM) *
Ok I'm going to try to explain this as simple as possible. Say I'm doing a solo and the next note i want to hit is on the 2nd string 12th fret.(just an example) I've noticed alot of guys including Kris palm muting all the strings above and strumming down through the other 4 strings before hiting that note. Is there a purpose for that or is it just a good muting technique? Hope someone knows what I'm talking about...Thanks for the help

If I understand you correctly (strumming over a few muted notes before hitting the desired fretted note)... in most cases it’s just for a more percussive sound.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Feb 6 2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks instrumental...
I really like the effect it has to hit those muted notes before the freted note. Its kinda difficult to get use to though. I keep muting the note I want to ring out..Anyway thanks for the reply. I'll keep pratcing..

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:14 PM