> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Degroot’s Music For Speeding
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2012, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 29 2012, 02:10 PM) *
Thanks for the feedback! I hear what you mean. I think it will take some time to get my vibrato and bending as nice as Jonathan's. His sounds as good as SRV in this lesson. smile.gif

Yes, I find his playing very inspiring because of his vibrato and bending. His phrasing is very expresive thanks to the quality of this techniques.
What other things are you working at this moment?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 30 2012, 10:02 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 30 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Yes, I find his playing very inspiring because of his vibrato and bending. His phrasing is very expresive thanks to the quality of this techniques.
What other things are you working at this moment?

I started working on this lesson yesterday. I just started getting into Greg Howe and love his style of rock/fusion.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/greg_howe_techniques/

I've been practicing this Kiko Loureiro style lesson and am starting to get this to a decent speed. The arpeggio tapping was really tricky at first but it getting much better lately.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kiko_L...iro_Style_Solo/

I was also practicing this one in Ben's warrior task thread last week. It is too difficult for me right now but the ideas and phrasing are at least having me try some new interesting things. smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/hots_boogie/

I've also been setting more time aside for writing. I'm making some progress and putting together some ideas. I just bought a m-audio keyboard this week and am learning how to use keyboards for the first time. For now, I'm just trying to write some backing tracks so I can jam over them.
Stuff maybe similar to the Kiko Loureiro BT that I jammed on in the practice room thread last week.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Sep 30 2012, 10:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2012, 11:58 PM
Instructor
Good lessons choice mate! It's also cool that you are starting to create your own compositions. That's VERY important! Composition needs as much practice as technique (or maybe more!). Kiko Loureiro style??? Amazing! He is becoming one of my favourite solo guitar players, his last album is fantastic. I could see a clinic here a month ago and he blew my mind.

Isn't this new song amazing??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 1 2012, 01:32 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 30 2012, 10:58 PM) *
I could see a clinic here a month ago and he blew my mind.

Isn't this new song amazing??

That must have been amazing to see! smile.gif Did he have clinic in Argentina?

I recently was on a trip and this Kiko was the only album I had with me. So, I played this many times! It has great variety, original technique and the compositions are so well put together. He is one of my favorite guitarist from one of my favorite genres (instrumental guitar). Reflective is one of the best from the album... it is brilliant!

Well, as far as my own writing. I can drop some of my ideas off here and get some feedback?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2012, 09:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 30 2012, 09:32 PM) *
That must have been amazing to see! smile.gif Did he have clinic in Argentina?

I recently was on a trip and this Kiko was the only album I had with me. So, I played this many times! It has great variety, original technique and the compositions are so well put together. He is one of my favorite guitarist from one of my favorite genres (instrumental guitar). Reflective is one of the best from the album... it is brilliant!

Well, as far as my own writing. I can drop some of my ideas off here and get some feedback?

Yes! He did a clinic in a bar that is 30 blocks from my house... it isn't something normal so the event was something that all the guitar lovers really appreciate it here... He played many songs and answered many questions... one of them was if he has been called to be part of the G3... and he said smiling... "No, I don't" and added... if you meet Joe Satriani tell him that you have a friend from Brazil that plays guitar... hahaha"
He is a very nice guy... smile.gif

Regarding your compositions... yes! you can post them here and I'll give you my feedback! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 23 2012, 07:35 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 1 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Yes! He did a clinic in a bar that is 30 blocks from my house... it isn't something normal so the event was something that all the guitar lovers really appreciate it here... He played many songs and answered many questions... one of them was if he has been called to be part of the G3... and he said smiling... "No, I don't" and added... if you meet Joe Satriani tell him that you have a friend from Brazil that plays guitar... hahaha"
He is a very nice guy... smile.gif

Regarding your compositions... yes! you can post them here and I'll give you my feedback! smile.gif

That is a cool story! smile.gif I think Joe should definetely consider Kiko he deserves it.

I have a preview of something I had written. It supposed to be like atmospheric instrumental. I put this down maybe 2 weeks ago and got side tracked with other ideas and forgot about it. Anyway, listening back to it today I like the first two parts. The third part I'm not sure about.... and the solo is basically just a quick scratch solo. I'd like to come with something more interesting after the clean break.

I was almost going to scratch this one but I think I might continue working with it.

This my first time putting anything together with EZ drummer and using keys for the first time.

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/backing-track-demo

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2012, 03:49 PM
Instructor
Hey man!! I really enjoyed your composition!! The intro is really cool but my favorite section is in the most atmospheric one... it sounds amazing! Keep on working on it!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 24 2012, 06:37 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 24 2012, 02:49 PM) *
Hey man!! I really enjoyed your composition!! The intro is really cool but my favorite section is in the most atmospheric one... it sounds amazing! Keep on working on it!! smile.gif

Oh, thanks man! smile.gif I feel inspired to work on it more. I'll post something when I add some more parts to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 24 2012, 09:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 24 2012, 02:37 PM) *
Oh, thanks man! smile.gif I feel inspired to work on it more. I'll post something when I add some more parts to it.

Cool! I want to hear how this evolves! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:05 AM