> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

Staus Quo
carminemarotta
Feb 24 2012, 11:58 PM
GMC:er
Hi Sinisa
I am just on the first video of the Staus Quo lesson. On the third beat of every bar does the C5 became C6? Is this the name of the chord?
If I am right , I should listen to the backing track, when there is the snare drum there is the small change mentioned above, right?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kindest regards
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 25 2012, 12:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Feb 24 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Hi Sinisa
I am just on the first video of the Staus Quo lesson. On the third beat of every bar does the C5 became C6? Is this the name of the chord?
If I am right , I should listen to the backing track, when there is the snare drum there is the small change mentioned above, right?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kindest regards
Carmine

Hi Carmine smile.gif

Right man , on the every third play that C '6' ,(A tone ). The C6 power chord is also two note interval, similar to the C5 but with a major sixth instead of a perfect fifth.In most cases it is in addition to the basic R'n'R power chord, and is rarely marked.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 3 2012, 10:03 PM
Hi Sinisa
I have another question regarding the Staus Quo lesson.
Occasionaly in the tune you play the 5th and 4th strings instead of the usual pattern of the 5 chords. I am not barring, so I find difficult to play that notes. Do you keep barring with your first finger or you do the bar just for that notes?
Thanks in advance
Carmine

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 3 2012, 10:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Apr 3 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Hi Sinisa
I have another question regarding the Staus Quo lesson.
Occasionaly in the tune you play the 5th and 4th strings instead of the usual pattern of the 5 chords. I am not barring, so I find difficult to play that notes. Do you keep barring with your first finger or you do the bar just for that notes?
Thanks in advance
Carmine

Hey Carmine smile.gif

Yes, I must say, on your way is a little harder, you should hold barring all the time. Try to stretch your fingers a bit more! Another important thing: your wrist should be bent as much as possible ,to get a proper riffing !!! I hope that this help smile.gif
Feel free to contact me any time for more info, if you need it !

--------------------

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Apr 4 2012, 01:36 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Apr 3 2012, 10:19 PM) *
your wrist should be bent as much as possible ,to get a proper riffing !!! I hope that this help smile.gif

Sinisa,
interesting. You are talking about the fretting hand, aren't you? can you explain a bit more, please?

thanks a lot
Carmine

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 11 2012, 11:29 PM
Instructor
Ok man smile.gif , your shot isn't bad at all. On the first place timing is good but still shaky somehow. You are using the clean sound,and it is one of the reasons which create that impression ! Try to add some overdrive above-that kind of tone is simply sticking to the bit and is much closer to this style of playing. Second, chords transition are major problems, try to slow down the rhythm and practice a few days, you will see how fast'll thrive. You must be patient, it is the basic thing. Simple - there is no mystery about this, you doing all good,but you just were eager to finish this, and I bet you can better wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:18 PM