Guitar Neck Camera, (Recording the guitar neck with mounted cam)
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2012, 06:27 AM
GMC:er
Been wanting to try this! Also had seen some folks asking about it in the forums. Here is the first test!

Here are some pix of the rig setup. It's quite cheap really. Less than $20 on ebay. A cell phone mount, and a cheap flexible tripod.

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 9 2012, 06:28 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 9 2012, 06:46 AM
Like I said on Facebook, it's really awesome ! It would be nice to see this in a future colab smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 9 2012, 09:27 AM
Instructor
That's a great gadget Todd ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 9 2012, 02:24 PM
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 9 2012, 01:46 AM) *
Like I said on Facebook, it's really awesome ! It would be nice to see this in a future colab smile.gif

Thanks! That's a great idea! I'll use it in the Djent Collab.

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 9 2012, 04:27 AM) *
That's a great gadget Todd ! biggrin.gif

It's and iPhone and a cheap gorrila pod flexibile tripod (with a screw on phone/camera mount) so it's a really un pricey way to pull it off. I"d looked at some custom solutions that were much more pricey like small digital action cams and custom mounts. Several hundred bux! My little mount and pod was less than $50 via ebay for both pieces!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Todd! I would like to ask you for some advice on this matter smile.gif I will want to use it in the next vid I am doing for the PRS thing.

Which model would you recommend for great results?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 11 2012, 12:20 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I just duct taped mine to my neck for the solo here: 1:54

cool.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 11 2012, 01:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 9 2012, 05:27 AM) *
Been wanting to try this! Also had seen some folks asking about it in the forums. Here is the first test!

Here are some pix of the rig setup. It's quite cheap really. Less than $20 on ebay. A cell phone mount, and a cheap flexible tripod.

Attached Image
Attached Image

This is awesome!!! I want one too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2012, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 10 2012, 07:20 PM) *
I just duct taped mine to my neck for the solo here: 1:54

cool.gif

That works too! Well done!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 10 2012, 09:28 AM) *
Todd! I would like to ask you for some advice on this matter smile.gif I will want to use it in the next vid I am doing for the PRS thing.

Which model would you recommend for great results?

Cosmin

The Gorrilla pod tripods are great. And cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/Joby-GP1-A1EN-Gorill...ref=pd_cp_cps_0

Flexible and magnetic. Then grab a small iphone/camera mount/clip. They are about $5 US

http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Tripod-ca...ne+camera+mount

The Entire Rig is about $20 U.S. I found similar rigs custom built for doing this same thing that were crazy pricey. So I made my own!

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:40 AM