Popular Chord Progression Songs
piporz
Mar 25 2012, 02:00 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi! I'm truly excited learning about music theory: at this point I'm looking at harmonizing major schales, chord substitutions and families.

I think I kind of understand it right now and I want to apply what I've learned. I want to analyze popular songs (by ear training) to find out the key and their progression. I want to start easy not to frustrate myself and this is why I'm asking for your help.

Could you name me some songs that follow a Diatonic Major Scale (sorry if i'm saying it wrong). I know there are quite a lot of them, but since I'm starting, I would like songs that do respect the harmonized scale and do not have chords outside this diatonic scale.

For example, I know Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl is a I - IV - I - V, (G - C - G - D) chord progression and I think all later chords on the song belong to the Diatonic Scale.

You guitar pros.. could you give me more songs of this type? I would really appreciate it! Beatles, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, rock, blues.. etc!

I also would appreciate if, in case I'm using musical vocabulary erraticly, that you correct me, since I'm learning and maybe I'm destroying it.

Thank you and forgive me for my english.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black, Fender Champion 600, Ibanez TS808 my only gear :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:08 PM