> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Soaphead's Guitar Works, for gab's army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 8 2014, 02:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (soaphead @ Jan 6 2014, 10:11 PM) *
Hi Gab,
hope all is well.. it's freezing up here, have to warm up my fingers..lol

yeah mate! I saw the news! It's incredible how some USA cities look. Are you and your family ok?

QUOTE (soaphead @ Jan 7 2014, 07:07 PM) *
see if this works
http://youtu.be/wPztOk3RlEs

thanks,
soap

This one is working perfectly, thanks! It's awesome how fast you improved your timing for this lesson. This new video is much more precise than the previous one. There is still some very little room to make it even tighter but the improvement is dramatic. Well done!!

I was thinking that we would start with a small routine covering some basic metal topics like Alternate Picking, legato, bending and vibrato. And also add a second rhythm lesson to avoid getting bored of playing the same one all the time. What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 9 2014, 01:26 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2014, 08:18 AM) *
yeah mate! I saw the news! It's incredible how some USA cities look. Are you and your family ok?

hi Gab,
getting used too cold.. everything is good, don't mind winter here but everything is frozen even me.. lol

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 8 2014, 08:18 AM) *
I was thinking that we would start with a small routine covering some basic metal topics like Alternate Picking, legato, bending and vibrato. And also add a second rhythm lesson to avoid getting bored of playing the same one all the time. What do you think?

thanks Gab, i think that would be great!
i will continue to up the tempo in other tune

thanks,
soap

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2014, 11:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (soaphead @ Jan 8 2014, 09:26 PM) *
hi Gab,
getting used too cold.. everything is good, don't mind winter here but everything is frozen even me.. lol

thanks Gab, i think that would be great!
i will continue to up the tempo in other tune

thanks,
soap

Great. I'm doing my lesson choices however I would also like you to explore a bit our archive and search for lessons that you like and that cover those topics. Could you post them here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 10 2014, 12:49 AM
Gab,
i found this for rhythm
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Finnis...l-Stratovarius/
legato:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/
i just like this one:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...n-metal-lesson/

i think i could do these, what you think?

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2014, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Those suggestions sounds very good for me. I think that your diary routine could be like this one:

Warming up:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

Alternate Picking + Legato:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

Rhythm Work:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...n-metal-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Finnis...l-Stratovarius/

Expression (Vibrato, dynamics and bending):
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 10 2014, 11:22 PM
Gab,
thanks for your time you're awesome, just what i need to learn.. i guess i will take one at a time until i get it memorized then go to next.
slowly build up tempo for each.
does that sound right?

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2014, 11:20 PM
Instructor
yes, that's one way, and it works. Another way is like the one I explained to Slowfinga, check his thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=51075

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 14 2014, 01:33 AM
Gab,
update
working on picking arpeggios, and ran in to a brick wall.. the g#9 chord having major problems with it, so i been working on just that chord for now trying to stretch my hand and picking each note, i can get the notes if i let up may pinky finger but i can't hold the chord and sound clean.

also working on modern metal tune and came across a problem with the C6add9 chord i can't get my pinky finger to bar across the g string (d note) sounds like crap. i guess i have to strengthen my hand by plugin away at it..

soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2014, 12:15 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, you have to be patient with these chords shapes. One good exercise is to just make the chord position with your left hand and keep on the guitar for some seconds. It doesn't matter if you play, you just have to practice the stretch. Keep it for some seconds / minutes, every day and you'll feel comfortable with it soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 22 2014, 04:20 AM
Gab,
working on tunes here is modern metal still needs work.. can not get that stretch chord with barred pinky yet..
http://youtu.be/szly9_AouUc

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2014, 11:01 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Well done! I think that there are just some details to improve on this one. The overall is very good. It's time to polish your timing on on some sections like the first riff (legatos are not tight), that cut at 00:32 and the octave chords starting at 00:40. All those parts could be played tighter. Also I think that you are not still comfortable with the 9th chords, keep on playing them. Remember to just keep the position for some minutes every day.

Finally I would like to add that your right hand is too rigid while you play these riffs and I think that it could be more relaxed and aggressive. to make this one sound groovier, and more dynamic.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Jan 31 2014, 03:01 AM
Gab,

still working on those stretch chords, not making much progress (little), but i'll keep working on strengthening left hand..
here is my attempt at guitar loves piano..
http://youtu.be/Yjz5n6dEYBI

thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2014, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Thanks for this video. It's going ok, but it still needs some adjustments. The main difference with the original take is rhythm. As there isn't drums marking tempo, it becomes more difficult to play this one tight so I recommend you to practice the lesson over the main video to follow the instructor's rhythm.

Besides the timing issue, there are some bends that don't reach the correct pitch and some notes which doesn't sound clean. So, also pay attention to this when you continue practicing.

That's all! It's great to see you working hard! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Feb 6 2014, 01:14 AM
Hi Gab,
thanks for input on 'guitar loves piano', i see what you mean on rhythm working on getting it closer. having trouble with bends.. can't seem to bend it far enough for whole tone.
working on modern metal also stretch chord still sounds like s...

here is my attempt at picking legato http://youtu.be/lbTN4ShrCkA

having fun! thanks for your help..

soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2014, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Hi man! I'm glad to know that you are enjoying this journey! smile.gif

I checked your take on legato lesson and it needs to be reviewed because the rhythm used is different compared with the original lesson. Could you please re-check it and tell me if you find the difference?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Feb 11 2014, 01:34 AM
Gab,
yea i hear the difference in rhythm of picking legato, i am working on it..
i finally was able to cleanly play the g#add9 chord in picking arpeggios biggrin.gif
but it was just one time but it is a start..

hope all is well
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2014, 11:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (soaphead @ Feb 10 2014, 09:34 PM) *
Gab,
yea i hear the difference in rhythm of picking legato, i am working on it..
i finally was able to cleanly play the g#add9 chord in picking arpeggios biggrin.gif
but it was just one time but it is a start..

hope all is well
soap

Great news! Thanks for the update! Here the things are very good thanks!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Feb 14 2014, 10:40 PM
Gab,
2nd attempt guitar loves piano.. i have a problem with bending b string it's a 13 its does not want to bend for me biggrin.gif
http://youtu.be/hG8KUL04P7k
thanks,
soap

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2014, 07:55 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! I happy that you are working on this lesson. It will help a lot to improve your playing. There are some important things that you have to focus while you continue practicing this lesson:

-Vibrato: Your vibrato is weak yet. When you use your ring finger, you can help it with fingers index and major. I think that you shoud give a try to this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/ . It includes a musical piece but also important explanations to master vibrato technique.

- Timing: There are many timing issues in the lesson, but don't feel bad, it's a difficult lesson to play tight because it doesn't include drums. My suggestion is that you practice it over the main video to be sure that you are playing the licks with the same rhythm.

- Bending: Your bends aren't consistent and most of the times don't reach the correct pitch. Check the first exercise of this video and incorporate it into your diary practice:

That's all! Let me know if you have any thoughts to share about this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
soaphead
Feb 16 2014, 06:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2014, 01:55 AM) *
Hi friend! I happy that you are working on this lesson. It will help a lot to improve your playing. There are some important things that you have to focus while you continue practicing this lesson:

-Vibrato: Your vibrato is weak yet. When you use your ring finger, you can help it with fingers index and major. I think that you shoud give a try to this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/ . It includes a musical piece but also important explanations to master vibrato technique.

- Timing: There are many timing issues in the lesson, but don't feel bad, it's a difficult lesson to play tight because it doesn't include drums. My suggestion is that you practice it over the main video to be sure that you are playing the licks with the same rhythm.

- Bending: Your bends aren't consistent and most of the times don't reach the correct pitch. Check the first exercise of this video and incorporate it into your diary practice:

That's all! Let me know if you have any thoughts to share about this.

Gab.
thanks for your input, i will start on vibrato lesson. Ii see what i been doing wrong with bend now i think i can get the range..
just need to practice.. every time i listen to lesson i pick up something else.. learned alot so far thanks again..

soap

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:06 PM