> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Creativity Workout
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well done everyone so far. I've not exactly come up with anything I like yet for either of the two pictures, but I'll see if something pops up soon enough.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2014, 04:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 12:28 PM) *
Well done everyone so far. I've not exactly come up with anything I like yet for either of the two pictures, but I'll see if something pops up soon enough.

Great! Good decision. This process must be natural so be patient, maybe this one, maybe next time. Even it can also appear when you are not in front of your computer watching the pic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 22 2014, 04:43 PM) *
Great! Good decision. This process must be natural so be patient, maybe this one, maybe next time. Even it can also appear when you are not in front of your computer watching the pic.

Absolutely. I do have some ideas in my head, but I can't translate them into the guitar at the moment. Maybe it's time to get on the piano instead. I haven't used that for a long time.

I'm also struggling with connecting my melody ideas on guitar to chords and a fuller sounding song.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2014, 07:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Absolutely. I do have some ideas in my head, but I can't translate them into the guitar at the moment. Maybe it's time to get on the piano instead. I haven't used that for a long time.

I'm also struggling with connecting my melody ideas on guitar to chords and a fuller sounding song.

Some of my favorite composers and producers are pianists so it would be great to try using piano for composing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 23 2014, 08:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Amitai!
That's an awesome song man, love how it builds intensity and then slows down in the end, great work!

OK guys, let's make it to an LP this time smile.gif

QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Feb 21 2014, 05:24 PM) *
Hey guys, I'm in! biggrin.gif

When I thought about this picture, I saw what the mother is looking at.
Soldiers are coming to take over the village, the men going out to fight.
Tried to tell a story. I guess you can call that a rough cut of some sort.

https://soundcloud.com/amitaik/creativity-workout-21-2-14

And Gabe, how about something a little bit less depressing next time? haha tongue.gif

Cael, I'm curious to hear your idea(s) on this, especially on piano, because I think that'll work great on this. You have such a great feel and melodic style in your playing.
I'm trying to incoorporate some piano lines, too this time. But as I'm not a piano player it will sound very simple smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 04:45 PM) *

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 24 2014, 12:24 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Just really got a chance to see what you guys are up to, this is a really cool idea! I'm not sure when the deadline is for this image but I'll try and get something up by tomorrow for it. You guys have put up some really cool interpretations so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2014, 11:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 23 2014, 08:24 PM) *
Just really got a chance to see what you guys are up to, this is a really cool idea! I'm not sure when the deadline is for this image but I'll try and get something up by tomorrow for it. You guys have put up some really cool interpretations so far.

Cool! It's ok if you post your take tomorrow! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 24 2014, 04:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here is my composition for image #2. I see a lady and her two kids living a very hard life. She's reached a hard realization that she's now all alone and it's going to be a very tough road ahead for her and her kids.

Just several layered guitars and a simple drum beat. It could use a nice bass line, better drums and a refined theme/melody.

https://soundcloud.com/gregc1/gabs-creativity-workout-image

--------------------

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 24 2014, 05:47 PM
GMC:er
Nice tone Grerc1! Sounds very good and nice version!

So now it's time for my version:

I thought a mother and her three kids living a very hard life and they are starving. She's alone with his children's and the smallest one is so weak and don't even cry anymore. She's very desperate and don't know what to do, just crying inside to her, because she cannot show to her children's, how desperate she really is.

This story sounds much more better than my version, I think...because it's still very hard for me to get out everything I like to tell with my guitar. wink.gif
But time after time this is going to give more for me and us! This kind of "must" do something are good for me smile.gif
I don't know much about drums and I'm learning to use Addictive Drums with Reaper.

https://soundcloud.com/slowfingax/gabs-creativity-workout-2

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Feb 24 2014, 05:49 PM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 24 2014, 07:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome compositions guys! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 24 2014, 09:15 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 24 2014, 04:47 PM) *

Thanks SlowFinga, I'm digging your version too. Really interesting to hear what you guys are coming up with for these images.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2014, 01:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 24 2014, 12:54 PM) *
Here is my composition for image #2. I see a lady and her two kids living a very hard life. She's reached a hard realization that she's now all alone and it's going to be a very tough road ahead for her and her kids.

Just several layered guitars and a simple drum beat. It could use a nice bass line, better drums and a refined theme/melody.

https://soundcloud.com/gregc1/gabs-creativity-workout-image

Beautiful tune mate! I like the feeling, I can really imagine that story in your melodies and overall layering. There is some kind of melancholic, listless, sad vibe there. It's cool that your track tells or suggest a different story from the one that Amitai's tune tells.
Do you agree?

Thanks a lot for joining our 2nd album! smile.gif

QUOTE (SlowFingaX @ Feb 24 2014, 01:47 PM) *

So now it's time for my version:

I thought a mother and her three kids living a very hard life and they are starving. She's alone with his children's and the smallest one is so weak and don't even cry anymore. She's very desperate and don't know what to do, just crying inside to her, because she cannot show to her children's, how desperate she really is.

This story sounds much more better than my version, I think...because it's still very hard for me to get out everything I like to tell with my guitar. wink.gif
But time after time this is going to give more for me and us! This kind of "must" do something are good for me smile.gif
I don't know much about drums and I'm learning to use Addictive Drums with Reaper.

https://soundcloud.com/slowfingax/gabs-creativity-workout-2

Hi friend! I'm so proud of you! I have to say that this is fantastic. I don't care about technical issues that will improve with practice (and be sure that this is endless). I'm proud because your composition makes me feel exactly what you described. Once again we have a different perspective compared with the other takes. This time we are inside the girl's mind, that insufferable frustration mixed with sadness... epic.

Don't worry about technical issues, you are advanced very fast. I recommend you to continue joining this workouts because here we are training different things compared to Gab's Army thread and I can see you improving a lot in those aspects. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 25 2014, 03:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 25 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Beautiful tune mate! I like the feeling, I can really imagine that story in your melodies and overall layering. There is some kind of melancholic, listless, sad vibe there. It's cool that your track tells or suggest a different story from the one that Amitai's tune tells.
Do you agree?

Thanks Gab, and thanks for having me! My original idea was to use a dirty slide guitar for the main lead but I couldn't find my slide so I went with a more bluesy tone/style.

I think this is an awesome idea and it is really cool to see how people interpret the image, and then hear the soundtracks they come up with for it. I thought Amitai's and SlowFinga's takes both fit the image (and their stories) perfectly and I'm looking forward to hearing more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Feb 25 2014, 04:53 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 25 2014, 02:48 PM) *
Do you agree?

Hi friend! I'm so proud of you! I have to say that this is fantastic. I don't care about technical issues that will improve with practice (and be sure that this is endless). I'm proud because your composition makes me feel exactly what you described. Once again we have a different perspective compared with the other takes. This time we are inside the girl's mind, that insufferable frustration mixed with sadness... epic.

Don't worry about technical issues, you are advanced very fast. I recommend you to continue joining this workouts because here we are training different things compared to Gab's Army thread and I can see you improving a lot in those aspects. smile.gif

Thanks mate for very encouraging words about my composition. wink.gif
Of course I'm going to continue these workouts so many times as possible, because these are so fun and great learning possibilities.
Versality is good way to keep it fun in the long run. smile.gif

Awesome guys! cool.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 25 2014, 07:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Not been able to get anything I like as yet, sorry Gab. I'll keep working and hopefully join in at some point smile.gif

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 24 2014, 03:54 PM) *

Greg, seriously dude that is soo cool. Its really got a bit of a pink floydy type vibe going on, which is an excellent thing in my book! you've got a great ear for melodies. ohmy.gif
You should expand this one, it would be awesome to hear more of it.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 26 2014, 04:36 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot Bleez, I really appreciate it man.

I'm a huge pink Floyd/Gilmour fan. I actually got the red Strat a long time ago because I wanted one like he used on tour back in the Pulse and Delicate Sound of Thunder days. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2014, 07:00 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I'm really glad to know that we are having great feedback and experiences about this workout. It's interesting to see how each of you can see the picture from a different perspective and I'm still curious to know what other perspectives you find and what happens if you decide to change our first perspective and use another point of view. I mean,

what happens in the children minds?
what happens in the girls mind? Is she sad? is she worried? is she relieved that she is safe with her children?
what happens in the overall scene? what happened? what will happen?

There are lots of questions that we can do and I'm sure that each question will provide a new musical idea... what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 27 2014, 12:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
These are mindblowing takes gregc and SlowFingaX!
Gabe, today I'll try to continue the recording I already sent you!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2014, 04:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 27 2014, 08:13 AM) *

This sounds great. The teaser that I've heard was very promising.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 27 2014, 05:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 27 2014, 11:13 AM) *

Thanks Mad! Looking forward to hearing what you're working on.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:41 PM