Wrestling The Strum
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 28 2011, 12:37 PM
GMC Founder
Getting the strum down can be tricky. First check out Bears new lesson, "Beginner's Corner 12: Strumming & Rhythm", and then post a reply to today's topic.

What is the most difficult thing about learning a new strumming pattern? How do you approach it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 28 2011, 03:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Listen, try it out myself, listen again, playing it slower, some more listening...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 28 2011, 04:58 PM
Instructor
I think one of the hardest things is to stop feeling self consious about attempting something that feels alien to you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Janice
Sep 10 2013, 03:04 AM
GMC:er
I just did this lesson and I think the hardest thing for me when I try to learn strumming patterns is remembering whether to go Up or Down. But I liked that Bear said at the beginning that it's not about focusing so much on that and more about feeling the rhythm of the song!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 10 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Janice @ Sep 10 2013, 03:04 AM) *
I just did this lesson and I think the hardest thing for me when I try to learn strumming patterns is remembering whether to go Up or Down. But I liked that Bear said at the beginning that it's not about focusing so much on that and more about feeling the rhythm of the song!! smile.gif

Yes, it's true. After a while, you will just automatically gravitate towards the best patterns for strumming. Most of the time, you'll find that you'll always be doing a down stroke on the strongest beats of the bar and just adding the extra strokes in between.

If you follow Bear's strumming patterns, it'll give you the right kind of patterns to start with. Soon, you'll just be applying them to other songs as they become second nature.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:44 PM