> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Emgie’s Neoclassical Concepts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2012, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Hi man! I will check the REC takes in a moment! smile.gif

Regarding the arrangement there are different ways to do the same thing. You should choose the one that you find easier and more effective for you. If you feel comfortable with it and makes you work good and fast, you have to do it in that way.

When I record a cover or re-arrange a piece I use Nuendo to record midi and audio. If the piece is orchestral, I use Edirol Orchestral, if the tune has some electronic/industrial sounds I also use Reason combined with Nuendo (by Rewire). The most important thing is to first have the idea and the concept of what you are going to do. The first thing that comes to mind is to check at you tube some Beethoven versions to know what things work and what things don't work. How to start depends on the version that you are creating but I usually start with the drums and bass, then I record some guitars as reference and finally I work on arrangements (in this case orchestral ones).

I know guys that composes everything in Guitar Pro and then export the midi to a multitrack software. That way is slow for me because I'm most used to program midi in Nuendo. But as I said earlier, if it works for you is ok!

I would like to follow your arrangement so you can post here ideas and your progress and I will give you some feedback.

I found this cool cover!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2012, 08:12 PM
Instructor
Hi again man! I wanted to tell you that I already checked and commented your 3 takes for the REC. You a good job on the lessons and the thing that need some (VERY) little adjust is the timing. Check the comments! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Mar 30 2012, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
Thank for your responses.

Which, do you think, lessons should I do next, towards my goals?

I was thinking about:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...weeping-basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/power-metal-tapping/

And maybe: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ernate-workout/ for AP along with Modal Madness smile.gif

What do you think? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I checked the three lessons and I think that you have done perfect choices for your goals and levels. I think that you could also check this series that has really effective exercises to train your tapping technique.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...tapping-lesson/

This lesson is really cool for you. The level is very high but I think that you could start learning it and playing it at slower tempos. Learning difficult sweep picking etudes will make you master the easier ones faster.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Apr 30 2012, 12:05 PM
I've posted new REC take smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44139

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2012, 04:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ Apr 30 2012, 08:05 AM) *

Hi mate! Great job! I gave some feedback at the REC's thread. Check it out! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
May 5 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm still working on Modal Madness lesson everyday. smile.gif

I think that my goal is to be able to play cleanly alternate picking licks in 120 bpm (16th triplets) and 180 (16th notes) and to use them in my solos. smile.gif It seems that its really nice speed and it can be called "shred" biggrin.gif I don't think that Yngwie plays much faster AP licks, does he?

What do you reccomend? How to get there? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 5 2012, 05:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ May 5 2012, 01:02 PM) *
I'm still working on Modal Madness lesson everyday. smile.gif

I think that my goal is to be able to play cleanly alternate picking licks in 120 bpm (16th triplets) and 180 (16th notes) and to use them in my solos. smile.gif It seems that its really nice speed and it can be called "shred" biggrin.gif I don't think that Yngwie plays much faster AP licks, does he?

What do you reccomend? How to get there? biggrin.gif

Well, the modal madness lessons are excellent to achieve what you want. I would complement them with some more musical lessons be able to play fast licks in a real solo. Also I suggest you to check the Alternate Picking lessons, the Inside/Outside picking lesson, and the Speed exercises from my Intensive Technique Guitar Course. HERE

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
May 6 2012, 08:53 AM
Thank you for your help smile.gif I have few more questions:

Do you think that its true about this level of speed as I wrote above (thats its enough for Yngwie style etc)?

Do you reccomend any musical lessons witch such speed picking? smile.gif

How did you practice ap licks when you were about my level of playing? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2012, 06:54 PM
Instructor
There is not a destination when we talk about music, the limits can always be broken so that speed is a good goal but maybe once you achieve it you will want to increase it. Don't worry about it. When I was at your level I used to practice Alternate Picking exercises for many hours over metronome and over a drum loop. Those modal madness series remember me to the exercises that I used to practice from the Vinnie Moore's clinic called "Speed & Accuracy". I also remember that I tried to practice the exercises standing up the more than I could. Regarding a musical AP lesson, there are many ones here at the site, you could use the search at your level with the words Alternate Picking..

Some examples: (feel free to suggest other ones, or maybe a song)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-picking-etude/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...e-melodic-solo/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
May 28 2012, 09:33 PM
I've posted new REC take. smile.gif

On the other hand I'm not sure what to do now... I got a little bored with all this technique exercices, so I'm stuck. tongue.gif Any ideas what could I do to fell more motivated? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2012, 01:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ May 28 2012, 05:33 PM) *
I've posted new REC take. smile.gif

On the other hand I'm not sure what to do now... I got a little bored with all this technique exercices, so I'm stuck. tongue.gif Any ideas what could I do to fell more motivated? biggrin.gif

Hi Emgie! I just saw your new take for the lesson "Progressive Etude". You hand synchronization is better but you still have some little parts were you lose the synchronicity, the timing or get and unwanted noise. You are very close to play a flawless take but keep on practicing concentrating on getting a tighter take.

Regarding motivation, there are two ideas that appear, the first one would be to learn a song that you've always wanted to learn, the second one would be to work on your own compositions (maybe for your band, maybe an instrumental solo piece). What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
May 29 2012, 01:53 PM
I think that it would be best to work on some new composition. smile.gif

How should we start it? Are we going to base on some existing song? I really like your "in style of" lessons, so I'd be happy to create some song in style of Iron Maiden for example smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2012, 04:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ May 29 2012, 09:53 AM) *
I think that it would be best to work on some new composition. smile.gif

How should we start it? Are we going to base on some existing song? I really like your "in style of" lessons, so I'd be happy to create some song in style of Iron Maiden for example smile.gif

Cool! Let's go for it! Maybe we can then use this composition for Gab's Amy Album!

Post here 5 of your favorite Maiden's songs.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
May 29 2012, 06:46 PM
Oh its hard to choose just 5. biggrin.gif Iron Maiden is my favourite band of all times. smile.gif It would be great to create something and then maybe use it with my band etc. smile.gif I prefer to work with guitarpro, but I don't think this is a problem. biggrin.gif

These came to my mind:

• Flight of the Icarus
  • The Trooper
  • Aces High
  • 2 Minutes to Midnight
  • Fear of the Dark

I also love modulations like in Infinite Dreams for example. biggrin.gif

I think that I shouldn't start with something of complicated structure. It should be easy to understand, melodic and catchy. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2012, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Let's start analyzing this songs to have a list of the most used ideas, progressions and structures by Maiden. If you analyze 3 of these 5 would be ok, if you analyze the 5 would be awesome. Also, let's start learning this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...en-masterclass/ Read the texts where I talked about their most used concepts.

This is the template for the analysis.

Name of the song:
Name of the band:

Structure // What is happening? // Chords & Scalesnull

Structure: You will divide the tune in Intro - Riff - Verse - Prechorus- - Chorus - Solo - Part C and so... You can add the letters A, B, C to the sections when you find different ones in the same tune (Ex: Verse A, Verse B, Chorus, Solo A, Solo)

what is happening?: Here you will describe each part. You can explain how is the part, if it has vocals, screams, melodies, harmonizations, how much is last, how many measures, etc. Every information that could be useful to understand the part.

Chords & Scales: Here you will post the tonality, the chord progression and the scales used for the melodies and solos.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 30 2012, 04:03 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Jun 4 2012, 05:33 PM
Hey, just want to say that I have again a lot to do with my band, etc. So I'll update Iron Maiden analysis as soon as I get some free time. smile.gif

I'm also practicing alternate picking exercises meanwhile. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 4 2012, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ Jun 4 2012, 01:33 PM) *
Hey, just want to say that I have again a lot to do with my band, etc. So I'll update Iron Maiden analysis as soon as I get some free time. smile.gif

I'm also practicing alternate picking exercises meanwhile. biggrin.gif

Great! Thanks for the update mate! Good luck with your band! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
eMGie
Jun 9 2012, 06:59 PM
Hey!

I've got two quick questions for you smile.gif

1. Whats a theory background of pre-chorus/bridge part in your Stratovarius style lesson? smile.gif Do you treat it like a key change or is it just diffirent chord progression? Is it commong thing while composing a pre-chorus etc?

2. I want to try to make some variations basing on well known riffs (or from GMC lessons etc) and maybe make them into whole songs (just for myself or for a band). I think it will be good to learn about catchy chord progressions etc. Could you please check if this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q76w08x67t6k2e5

Is diffirent enough from your riff that it wont break any copyright etc? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2012, 09:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (eMGie @ Jun 9 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Hey!

I've got two quick questions for you smile.gif

1. Whats a theory background of pre-chorus/bridge part in your Stratovarius style lesson? smile.gif Do you treat it like a key change or is it just diffirent chord progression? Is it commong thing while composing a pre-chorus etc?

2. I want to try to make some variations basing on well known riffs (or from GMC lessons etc) and maybe make them into whole songs (just for myself or for a band). I think it will be good to learn about catchy chord progressions etc. Could you please check if this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q76w08x67t6k2e5

Is diffirent enough from your riff that it wont break any copyright etc? smile.gif

Hi man, what part do you exactly mean in your first question? The pre chorus is basically in the same key than the rest of the song with the only difference that the B5 chord is arranged with a melody composed using the harmonic minor scale. This makes the B chord function as a major chord instead as a minor chord as it would normally appear in the E minor tonality. I explained this in the lesson's text.

Regarding the copyrights, I don't have to much information about when something is considered plagiarism and when it's not. When I register a song, I register the main melody and the lyrics. Regarding riffs, I think that it's a bit more difficult to consider when it's a coincidence and when it's a plagiarism. I believe that if your version is different enough you shouldn't have problem...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:51 PM