Project 21 Collaboration, The Collab that sprang from Lesson 21
Todd Simpson
Dec 28 2010, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
PROJECT 21 COLLABORATION

This is a little collab that shot out from one of the Video Chat Lessons. Two students and I put solos to it. I"m really happy with how it turned out smile.gif

FINAL MIX
Attached File  21_MIX_DOWN_FINAL_FINAL.mp3 ( 2.02MB ) Number of downloads: 361

SUPERIZE

Very well done on this. I thought your solo worked perfectly in the first slot. It builds slowly to crescendo and is full of emotional phrasing and metal riffing. The blend of the two is done quite well. Congratulations on getting to this level. I can see huge gains in your ability on this solo.

GITARERRO

I really enjoyed this solo and thought it worked really well as the bridge between SUPERIZE's buildup and my semi crazy ending. It's almost as if you knew what
would book end the solo in the final mix which is just great. It's not too insane, but doesn't drop the ball on building momentum. Every riff is considered, and has a purpose in the composition. Very well written and played. Nice!

TODD SIMPSON (Software Emulation Amplitude Metal. Recorded Guitar Dry/No Fx)
I took the final slot and thought I'd improvise the solo and limit myself to one pass. Otherwise, I tend to do it over, and over, and over, etc. I used a harmony guitar approach of which I"m quite fond as it has a retro 80s vibe. I focused on several of the techniques and scales that we have covered in our Video Chat lessons, so pretty much every lick is broken down in one of the lessons.

Overall I really dig how this turned out. I'm going to expand on this backing and make it in to a full song. Great job guys!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 29 2010, 03:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 AM