Inspiration From Other Places
Ben Higgins
Aug 26 2011, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Hey Guys.. we are all inspired by our favourite musicans, or new musicians, books, video footage etc.. but sometimes our approach to guitar can benefit from something that has nothing to do with music or guitar.

What non music/guitar related things have inspired and helped you in your guitar playing ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 26 2011, 10:59 AM
Instructor
to me personal development has been big. Facing my own fears and losing my identification with my emotions and things, all that E. Tolle stuff,

That has affected in a positive way my views in music and even guitar playing,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 26 2011, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Aug 26 2011, 10:59 AM) *
to me personal development has been big. Facing my own fears and losing my identification with my emotions and things, all that E. Tolle stuff,

That has affected in a positive way my views in music and even guitar playing,

Yes, me too

Perhaps the hardest thing to do, but necessary for us all.. what we bring to our music is the sum total of who we are so it's vital that we help ourselves be the best we can be and overcome any personal issues that may hold us back in life smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 26 2011, 11:43 AM
Instructor
Very nice words Ben. You are right, we should strive to become better and more honest people in general. I think being self-honest is the first step towards better guitar playing too. Did we learn this, did we pay attention to that, why do we practice this and this, why do we dedicate this time there, this time there, what is most important thing.. All these important questions demand a person to be truthful to himself when answering, in order to find a meaningful life direction (and guitar playing! biggrin.gif )

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 26 2011, 12:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 26 2011, 11:43 AM) *
All these important questions demand a person to be truthful to himself when answering, in order to find a meaningful life direction (and guitar playing! biggrin.gif )

Absolutely.. ah, being truthful to oneselves. I think most of us have been afraid of the truth at some points in our life laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2011, 12:21 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 26 2011, 07:01 AM) *
Absolutely.. ah, being truthful to oneselves. I think most of us have been afraid of the truth at some points in our life laugh.gif

Very true smile.gif It's good to embrace all the things that make us who we are. Hopefully we can focus on the things that make us better as we go and less so on the things that make us less than what we'd like to be. This site is actually a great example of positive spiritual growth through teaching/learning/sharing etc. The instructors learn and teach, so do the students. It's a great balance we have here and not something you see often. Let's face, GMC RAAAAWWWWWWWKKKKKS in many mysterious ways.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 26 2011, 12:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 26 2011, 12:21 PM) *
Very true smile.gif It's good to embrace all the things that make us who we are. Hopefully we can focus on the things that make us better as we go and less so on the things that make us less than what we'd like to be. This site is actually a great example of positive spiritual growth through teaching/learning/sharing etc. The instructors learn and teach, so do the students. It's a great balance we have here and not something you see often. Let's face, GMC RAAAAWWWWWWWKKKKKS in many mysterious ways.

That's right... teaching/learning works both ways. In order to teach something to somebody else, the teacher has to look at what he or she is doing before being able to pass it on to someone else. So the teachers have to learn what it actually is they're doing and in effect, become the student. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 28 2011, 03:24 PM
Instructor
How I like these posts where I can read words of wisdom biggrin.gif well, my inspiration comes from all which happens around me...in one word: life.

I like to live every experience as intense as possible just to be able to use the things i felt later on if I need to, or just because this is the way I like it...if I'm in love, for instance, I'm in in it head over heels, if I'm sad, well sometimes I feel like the world is coming to an end biggrin.gif Maybe I exagerated this a little, but I did it only so that you may picture the intensity of the feelings.

Once you are able to use music as a language which can describe and successfully transmit what you live just like you would say it with words, I honestly believe you have understood the real meaning of making music...even if it takes only 2 notes to do it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 28 2011, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 28 2011, 03:24 PM) *
Once you are able to use music as a language which can describe and successfully transmit what you live just like you would say it with words, I honestly believe you have understood the real meaning of making music...even if it takes only 2 notes to do it smile.gif

This is the truth !

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 28 2011, 07:17 PM
Instructor
Very true guys, very nice observations smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 28 2011, 07:45 PM
Instructor
i won't be as deep here, but i always get inspired by movies to write songs, i love to tell stories on my lyrics.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 28 2011, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 28 2011, 07:45 PM) *
i won't be as deep here, but i always get inspired by movies to write songs, i love to tell stories on my lyrics.

Yeah, I really want to write a song based on The Bourne Identity ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sickz666
Aug 28 2011, 08:57 PM
My personality.

Since im 16 and therefor that is the age of most people i know, many of them can be really stupid. Many people i know see music as a competition. Therefor my personality wich is based of "Everyone is entitled to their opinion" and "The only one i need to lissen to is myself" helps me get by all the "OMG you suck at guitar".

And then i wont get put down by those people, and can improve in my own pace and not quit for days like some people do cause people say they suck.

I hope that made sense tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Sickz666: Aug 28 2011, 08:58 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 28 2011, 09:04 PM
sleeping and bathrooms and walking.

Edit: -> Pretty much when i am alone, doing nothing.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Aug 28 2011, 09:09 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 29 2011, 12:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 28 2011, 09:04 PM) *
sleeping and bathrooms and walking.

Edit: -> Pretty much when i am alone, doing nothing.

hehehe same here, also conversations with people inspire me as well

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2011, 07:56 AM
Instructor
When I'm happy thanks to any personal event... I feel more creative.. it's weird, most of the musicians composes when they have a bad time but I notice that I'm much more productive when I'm happy. Travelling also inspires me a lot to make music.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 29 2011, 08:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sickz666 @ Aug 28 2011, 08:57 PM) *
My personality.

Since im 16 and therefor that is the age of most people i know, many of them can be really stupid. Many people i know see music as a competition. Therefor my personality wich is based of "Everyone is entitled to their opinion" and "The only one i need to lissen to is myself" helps me get by all the "OMG you suck at guitar".

And then i wont get put down by those people, and can improve in my own pace and not quit for days like some people do cause people say they suck.

I hope that made sense tongue.gif

Yes that makes total sense, and I totally agree with you - you only need to listen to yourself.. and please yourself, not anyone else smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 29 2011, 07:56 AM) *
When I'm happy thanks to any personal event... I feel more creative.. it's weird, most of the musicians composes when they have a bad time but I notice that I'm much more productive when I'm happy. Travelling also inspires me a lot to make music.

Me too.. I'm not productive at all when I'm unhappy !

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 29 2011, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Studying people! I like to sit in the park and watching people passing by preoccupied with their thoughts and problems! Strange how every character has its own music that accompanies it! Happy, sad, angry, careless, afraid, disappointed ..... simply, I can see it.
That helps me to keep spiritual peace, and sometimes I can compose something based on those impressions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2011, 05:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 29 2011, 06:56 AM) *

biggrin.gif I kinda feel the same, man! I am a very positive dude so, when I'm happy, inspiration usually kicks in!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:41 PM