3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Having A Soldano Clone Built!
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2015, 08:15 PM
GMC:er
Update! Coming along nicely smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 13 2015, 10:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Next comes the bit I like it's how they choose to route the wiring, I love seeing really tidy wiring, which would surprise you if you looked at the pc I built or the cables thrown around it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jan 14 2015, 05:10 PM
Learning Roadie
If for whatever reason you happen to not like it - I'll gladly take it off your hands wink.gif

Glad to see it's coming along nicely, can't wait for some sound clips! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2015, 12:37 AM
You can have him build you one smile.gif He's taking orders. He hadn't made this version of it before my request so it's a new piece for him. He had been making the 3 channel version of the original rack mount unit. But all I wanted was the Lead Channel!

QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jan 14 2015, 12:10 PM) *
If for whatever reason you happen to not like it - I'll gladly take it off your hands wink.gif

Glad to see it's coming along nicely, can't wait for some sound clips! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 23 2015, 01:24 AM
Some more pics of my build as well as some 3 CHANNEL X88 clones.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 23 2015, 09:11 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Looks awesome Todd biggrin.gif

When do you expecting to receive your Super Lead clone?
Looking forward to hear you demo it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2015, 07:30 AM
Hopefully soon! Looking forward to it myself smile.gif IT's got to travel from Russia and they are being tested as we speak from what I understand.

He takes every unit to the studio for a full play/recording test before shipping out. Very reasonable prices as well considering it's a real, TUBE preamp, built by hand. Each one is a "one off" so to speak, built to spec for each given player. The top unit single channel is being built just for me by request but other folks are now ordering them as well smile.gif

The "super lead" tone from soldano is just killer and usually costs a few thousand dollars to get.

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jan 23 2015, 04:11 AM) *
Looks awesome Todd biggrin.gif

When do you expecting to receive your Super Lead clone?
Looking forward to hear you demo it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 9 2015, 11:49 PM
TONE TEST!!! In Russia smile.gif The preamp is being built in RUSSIA so that's where it's first being tested. The gain is on about 4. smile.gif He is going to be building several of these and is currently taking orders. I'm slated to get number 001.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2015, 08:16 PM
Some quick sound tests from the vendor. Can't wait to get this thing! It's the "hot" channel from the legendary x88r stuffed in to one rack space smile.gif I'm all for emulators but I still get wound up for real gear!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2015, 12:53 AM
It showed up from Mother Russia! smile.gif Here is a teaser vid to give you a taste of how it's sounding.

And here are the guts with the three preamp tubes smile.gif No digital, no MIDI, just pure tube tone.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 21 2015, 01:03 AM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 21 2015, 01:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Does sound like the song you played . can you expound on the price you paid

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 21 2015, 02:43 PM
Sounds great, looks cool!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2015, 03:41 PM
The "artist pricing" is around $350 which is what I'm selling my prototype unit for so that I can fund my next acquisition smile.gif The standard price is $500 for the Super Lead Unit.

For the two and three channel units, it's going to be a bit more. smile.gif The review vid will be in three parts with the first part going up today.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 21 2015, 08:27 AM) *
Does sound like the song you played . can you expound on the price you paid

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 21 2015, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2015, 08:14 PM
Here is my first VID with the SOLDANO SUPER LEAD clone that I had hand built all the way from MOTHER RUSSIA!! smile.gif Starting with the gain low on 2 and working up. It uses 3 preamp tubes.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 22 2015, 10:05 PM
Well worth the wait, I didn't hear any unusable setting biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 23 2015, 05:06 AM
The best part is that it works in the FX LOOP of my 11 RACK!! I have never had any luck with gain based fx in a loop but somehow this actually works. It's great because now I can add it in to custom patches just like any of the preamps built in to the 11 and you can turn it on / off with a foot switch. It gives an amazing tube feel to the 11@

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 22 2015, 05:05 PM) *
Well worth the wait, I didn't hear any unusable setting biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 24 2015, 06:24 AM
Here is the MYASNKOV preamp in the FX LOOP of the 11 rack. I start with gain on 2 and then go to 4 and then to crazy. You can really see the range of the preamp. It's pretty darn spiff wink.gif What do you think?

Here is the full "REVIEW" video where I talk about it and show you the guts of the amp smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 24 2015, 07:21 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 24 2015, 07:58 PM
Awesome smile.gif

The tone also feels that (though great on its own) it can accept eq or overdrive pedals nicely, like using powerchords with one and solos with another. Add the eq's flexibility on it you don't need much more to finish an entire album smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 24 2015, 09:36 PM
Stolen merchandise is always cheaper.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 24 2015, 01:30 AM) *
The "super lead" tone from soldano is just killer and usually costs a few thousand dollars to get.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 24 2015, 11:21 PM
BINGO! smile.gif The EQ section on this preamp can drastically change the tone. As does the gain knob. It's almost like have several preamps stuffed in one box. It cleans up well and then can go crazy on gain too. Also, it takes fx well and you can put a stomp box in front of it or do it in the fx loop like im doing here in the vid and it's just a click away smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 24 2015, 02:58 PM) *
Awesome smile.gif

The tone also feels that (though great on its own) it can accept eq or overdrive pedals nicely, like using powerchords with one and solos with another. Add the eq's flexibility on it you don't need much more to finish an entire album smile.gif

I actually had to pay for this one smile.gif But at least it was a bit less than the real thing. Also, I didn't want the first two channels in the Soldano X88r so I had just the third channel built smile.gif Handy!

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 24 2015, 04:36 PM) *
Stolen merchandise is always cheaper.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:41 AM