Amazing Studio Setup
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2015, 01:46 AM
GMC:er
This is one of the best looking studios IMHO that I"ve seen. I'd LOVE to have a space like this!! Anyone recognize this place?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2015, 01:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Looks very cozy and almost like a guitar store. I wonder though how do they record the stuff in here as the mixing desk/monitors and recording area all appears to be in one single space? (no vocals/instruments booth?).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
benetom
Jan 8 2015, 01:40 PM
I wish it was in my basement biggrin.gif Awesome place for sure !

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 8 2015, 01:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 7 2015, 01:46 AM) *
This is one of the best looking studios IMHO that I"ve seen. I'd LOVE to have a space like this!! Anyone recognize this place?

Attached Image

Yeah sure it's actually my living room, btw you should see the studio room wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 8 2015, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Looks like a paradise smile.gif Jelous wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2015, 11:54 PM
DARIUS I think KRIS is joking! OR I hope he is!! Otherwise he has been keeping a great secret!! smile.gif
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 8 2015, 09:34 AM) *
Looks like a paradise smile.gif Jelous wink.gif

Speaking of killer setups. How about this? It could fit in a small room!

Attached Image

OR MAYBE NOT!!! Just found a pic of the REST of it!!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 9 2015, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2015, 03:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 8 2015, 11:54 PM) *
DARIUS I think KRIS is joking! OR I hope he is!! Otherwise he has been keeping a great secret!! smile.gif

Why, wouldn't it be awesome if I had that studio?!

Kidding of course, my home studio is quite spartan, but I don't mind since I think what really matters is the inspiration. If you're inspired it really doesn't matter how your studio looks, as long as you can get some time and space for yourself.

This is especially true with the digital revolution (expression?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 9 2015, 04:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 9 2015, 03:16 PM) *
This is especially true with the digital revolution (expression?)

Kemper, Axe FX? biggrin.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2015, 04:27 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 9 2015, 04:07 PM) *
Kemper, Axe FX? biggrin.gif

I was more thinking about what it's possible to do with a simple computer setup today. The things we can do in our bedrooms would completely unheard of just 20 years ago...

And yes with products like the kemper it is easier than ever for guitarists.

The future is very exciting biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2015, 06:19 PM
Well said!! smile.gif The future is indeed bright IMHO for home recordists and musicians in general smile.gif The technology is truly liberating. Nobody "needs" a setup like the one above at home, but I must admit I"m sorta nostalgic for the classic studio vibe and would like to have something like that in my home one day smile.gif

As for biz, It's true that the "old ways" of making money with CD sales have sorta gone away but folks are finding ways to monetize every day. In times of great change comes great opportunity smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 9 2015, 11:27 AM) *
I was more thinking about what it's possible to do with a simple computer setup today. The things we can do in our bedrooms would completely unheard of just 20 years ago...

And yes with products like the kemper it is easier than ever for guitarists.

The future is very exciting biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 16 2015, 06:42 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 7 2015, 12:46 AM) *
Anyone recognize this place?]

Eric Serra's studio? (proud to say he's a customer)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2015, 02:09 AM
Most folks probably wouldn't recognize that name but I sure do smile.gif I meant to ask what you worked on for him when I saw this post the first time. Just ran across it again smile.gif I"m pretty sure that isn't his studio as far as I know he doesn't own ALIVE Network facilities. But please do share about working with him smile.gif

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 16 2015, 01:42 PM) *
Eric Serra's studio? (proud to say he's a customer)

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 30 2015, 03:01 AM
Experienced Rock Star
That was just a guess on my part. Is that Alive Network Studios? It doesn't seem to look like the pictures on their web site. On the other hand, I recognize that picture from Eric's facebook page (He uses my plugins).

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 30 2015, 03:31 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Oh, I see. I was responding to your first picture where you asked if anyone recognizes the studio. I'm pretty sure that's Eric Serra's studio. Then you posted pictures of a second studio, Alive Network. I was responding to your question about the first picture. But Alive Network looks very nice too!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2015, 12:50 AM
Ahh ! My bad smile.gif Gotcha! That first one I think is Erics now that you mention it! Good eye!!!! is it your plugin that he gets that trademark samples like sleigh bells and stuff?

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 29 2015, 10:31 PM) *
Oh, I see. I was responding to your first picture where you asked if anyone recognizes the studio. I'm pretty sure that's Eric Serra's studio. Then you posted pictures of a second studio, Alive Network. I was responding to your question about the first picture. But Alive Network looks very nice too!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:00 AM