Ezdrummer 2 Vs Ezdrummer
PosterBoy
Jan 17 2015, 03:54 PM
Learning Roadie
The drum track is always something that stops me with my recording projects, though I do have 2 drummers I can use for advice.

How much easier does Ezdrummer 2 help in creating the perfect drum track, from the basic beat to the fills to the variations for choruses and bridges etc?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2015, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
I don't know about the 'PERFECT" drum track, especially when created by NON DRUMERS smile.gif But in practical terms, being able to drag and drop from the groove library of ezdrummer is very handy and ez drummer 2 looks to have some very handy improvements. I"ll probably upgrade at some point, but version 1 still works fine smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 17 2015, 10:54 AM) *
The drum track is always something that stops me with my recording projects, though I do have 2 drummers I can use for advice.

How much easier does Ezdrummer 2 help in creating the perfect drum track, from the basic beat to the fills to the variations for choruses and bridges etc?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 17 2015, 04:19 PM
Learning Roadie
I think I'll hang on for a bit and utilize my drumming friends. It's cheaper that way!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2015, 04:39 PM
GMC:er
Good plan smile.gif IMHO, drumming is often best left to a talented drummer. We as guitar players, can learn a TON about rythm from programming drums and it's worth doing to be sure for not other reason than it helps us player guitar better.

I taught myself to play drums BEFORE I learned guitar and it's really helped me as rythm/meter is key to being able to play well. I'd suggest everyone get a small kit or electronic kit and actually learn drums as well as bass at some point as it greatly benefits your playing IMHO smile.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 17 2015, 11:19 AM) *
I think I'll hang on for a bit and utilize my drumming friends. It's cheaper that way!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 18 2015, 09:00 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I have just checked out Ezdrummer 2 demo videos on youtube and there seem to be quite a few nice new features in it. I like the tap to find beat function and also how you can tweak the beat directly using the Ezdrummer editor interface for some simplified editing. In the end, drums are always a nightmare to add to the songs. From my experience, one can't really replace a real drummer and it is usually the quickest solution to get fitting drums for your songs. I would spend hours and hours searching for similar beats in the midi libraries for the songs I'm composing and the worst thing is - I always end up compromising, one way or another to fit the beat even though it should be the other way around because I'm not composing the song using drums rather guitar or bass.

I'd like to hear from someone who has tried Ezdrummer 2 as I really like the original Ezdrummer software and found it extremely useful.

I know that it is also possible to purchase midi expansion packs from Ezdrummer website but also from some other sites like Groove Monkee though they are not cheap. Ez has a plugin called "Ezplayer" which helps with organizing grooves and drag n dropping them in DAW: http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezplayer-pro/

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:41 AM