No Sound, Help
jstcrsn
Jan 25 2015, 01:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
my audio interface has been acting up and not sending any sound to my headphones/moitors. It hasn't happened very often and a restart of the computer has fixed it, until today. Nothin, Nada zeltch . Reaper shows a signal , plays as normal just now sound. My audiobox has lights and a clean guitar signal and it works with its shortcut on the computer.Tried new usb cable and got no signal , plugged the other one back in and got everything- except my sounds.
Figure something is going bad . anyone got any ideas ?

my interface has a mix knob, so you can mix your direct signal with whatever is coming out of your computer. There is a clean signal(sound in headphones) from the interface, but no sound from reaper

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jan 25 2015, 03:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2015, 04:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 25 2015, 01:47 PM) *
my audio interface has been acting up and not sending any sound to my headphones/moitors. It hasn't happened very often and a restart of the computer has fixed it, until today. Nothin, Nada zeltch . Reaper shows a signal , plays as normal just now sound. My audiobox has lights and a clean guitar signal and it works with its shortcut on the computer.Tried new usb cable and got no signal , plugged the other one back in and got everything- except my sounds.
Figure something is going bad . anyone got any ideas ?

my interface has a mix knob, so you can mix your direct signal with whatever is coming out of your computer. There is a clean signal(sound in headphones) from the interface, but no sound from reaper

If you can hear clean guitar audio signal from the guitar in headphones, this rules out that headphones/monitor output as being broken (hardware wise). To me this sounds like a routing issue. Does your audio card come with routing/mixing software on the computer? Check there to see if correct outputs are mapped and selected or if something got muted.

Another place you could look at is Reaper output/connections settings. You could go to Repaer>Preferences>Audio tab and under there should be channel naming/mapping where you get to name and map outputs to certain hardware outputs.

Just as a test, can you hear any music from your computer coming out of your audio interface headphones?
Youtube videos etc? If not, you need to go to windows>control panel>audio settings and select your audio interface as default output. This could be causing the issue. Usually it is Windows to blame smile.gif

Please let me know how it goes?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jan 25 2015, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Did you update windows at any point. Or is your computer scheduled to auto update?
Try going to the website for your AI AND download he most recent driver

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:40 AM