3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Introduce Yourself & Get 15 Riffs!
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2013, 09:24 AM
Instructor
Greetings to you too mate! smile.gif Welcome, again!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 4 2013, 11:08 AM
Instructor
Great idea Kristofer! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 4 2013, 03:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello! How do I get the 15 riffs?

Thanks and Good Luck

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 4 2013, 05:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (korblitz @ Sep 4 2013, 04:36 PM) *
Hello! How do I get the 15 riffs?

Thanks and Good Luck

Hi - to get the licks please send the email to : [email protected]

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 4 2013, 06:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalkilla @ Sep 4 2013, 12:10 AM) *
Hello to all. This is a great site. After months of visiting various sites and not really knowing what to start with, I think I've finally found the answer. Introduction done. Greetings to All

Great!! Welcome to the forum mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
David8008
Nov 5 2013, 02:39 PM
GMC:er
Really great site.

great people,

honest people

great musicians
, instructors and students

everyone should and has to know yuo.

--------------------
Best Regards

David8008

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 6 2013, 08:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (David8008 @ Nov 5 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Really great site.

great people,

honest people

great musicians
, instructors and students

everyone should and has to know yuo.

Tank you man! But it's all the family here that makes this place worthwhile - that includes you as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
TheSentenced
Dec 23 2014, 11:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello folks,

i was away for long time. My first Name is Andrei. Currently i am playing in a band called
Alien To The System. I have
a lot of guitars, but my main guitar is an Agile 8 String right now. I would like to get my chops
up to the next level, learn more about composing and do a better job when we are recording
our next album. I hope the subscription to GMC gives me some motivation, which i used to
have and i can finally start to shred a little biggrin.gif

I wish you all some heavy Christmas and big Hello to all the great people around here! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 24 2014, 01:17 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (TheSentenced @ Dec 23 2014, 11:59 PM) *
Hello folks,

i was away for long time. My first Name is Andrei. Currently i am playing in a band called
Alien To The System. I have
a lot of guitars, but my main guitar is an Agile 8 String right now. I would like to get my chops
up to the next level, learn more about composing and do a better job when we are recording
our next album. I hope the subscription to GMC gives me some motivation, which i used to
have and i can finally start to shred a little biggrin.gif

I wish you all some heavy Christmas and big Hello to all the great people around here! smile.gif

Hey Andrei - welcome to GMC! smile.gif
Please check your email for 15 killer licks.

Great to hear you are motivated to work on your guitar playing and composing.
Please feel free to let me know if you need any help with any specifics?

See you around the forum.

Merry Christmas,
Bogdan

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2014, 12:15 PM
Instructor
Hey Andrei - are you from Romania, by any chance? smile.gif I would be delighted to help out with anything you might have to ask and I could also provide the support in our common language if that be the case smile.gif What are your favorite techniques and which artists do you like listening to?

+Quote Post
TheSentenced
Dec 24 2014, 10:24 PM
Learning Roadie
@Bodgdan
Thanks, i am fine at the moment, but maybe i come back at you later. Thanks for your great Bass lessons btw! smile.gif

@Cosmin Lupu
Hey, sorry but i am originally from Russia, but i am living in Germany now. My former bandmate originates from Romania! I am very interested in modern progressive Metal like TesseracT, Animals as Leaders and so on. I watched your Lesson about Tesseract - thats killer man! I will try to learn it. Are there specific lessons for 8 String Guitars on GMC? Currently i am trying to develop my riffing in odd signatures, get some sweep picking going and increase my overall speed. I will definitely appreciate any help in this regard. In the moment i am working on the "In Flames Style" Lesson of Gabriel to get me going biggrin.gif

Great to be here, you guys are an inspiration!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 26 2014, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy!

Glad to know you like these bands - I am HUGE Tesseract fan and I am wearing a Tesseract T-shirt just as I am writing this tongue.gif

I don't think there are any 8 strings lessons here on GMC, but there are certainly 7 string lessons and baritone/low tuning lessons which you can surely benefit from - check these out to begin with:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ngs-pentatonic/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-modes-3-notes/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...or-scale-CAGED/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/seven-...weep-arpeggios/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/petruc...trings-rhythms/

Odd signature based lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...ignature-metal/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...nature-metal-2/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Djent-Time-Signatures/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/odd-riffing/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-guitar/odd-grooves/

... and if you would like to take things a bit further and working together, around a personalized plan sounds like a good idea to you, please check out this thread: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0 smile.gif Looking forward to receiving the answers to these questions which will most likely help me, help you smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 26 2014, 04:14 PM

+Quote Post
Nick6373
Jan 5 2015, 11:51 PM
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to GMC. It's a great site and it's helped me improve already!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2015, 01:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nick6373 @ Jan 5 2015, 07:51 PM) *
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to GMC. It's a great site and it's helped me improve already!

Hi Nick! Welcome to the site! I'm sending a PM, check it out! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2015, 11:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nick6373 @ Jan 5 2015, 10:51 PM) *

Welcome Nick!

What sort of styles and techniques and artists do you prefer? smile.gif The more you will tell us, the more we will be able to help you out!

+Quote Post
clashchords
Apr 23 2015, 07:32 PM
I just started my subscription after many years of watching your sample/ free videos.

I am 42 and have been playing since I was about 16. I seem to get very involved in guitar playing for 3-5 years then stop due to one thing or another. I came back to it about 4 years ago after a hiatus of a few yars and have began to play at a level I have never since reached. I think this is due in part to the internet and all the options/styles so easily at one' disposal. I've jumped around from genres all my life and am currently in love with technical death metal, prog metal, neo-classical, Bach, and soul jazz (Melvin Sparks, George Benson, and of course GRANT GREEN). So, I would like to see more lessons concerning this style and less concentrating on the shitty bands from the 80s and 90s. The metal that is being made now is far superior to the metal I listened to when I was a teenager.

Please give us more lessons on the styles of Necrophagist, Nile, Animals as Leaders, Scale the Summit, Obscura, Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, 2-handed tapping for rhythms, Gojira, and Cynic. Less blues lessons! Nearly all the lesson sites online have a gazillion lessons on the blues already. The death metal lessons you do have already are awesome along with the lessons concentrating on styles that are adjacent to particular parts of the world, for instance, Brazilian Fusion.

I have seen a lot of great videos on sweep picking, but not so much on Sweep Picking Mechanics. For example, what technique will give me the fastest and cleanest results? I dislike the lessons where the instructor just plays the lesson without explaining any of the theory or mechanics of the riff/lick, etc.

I also love that on this site I can upload what I am working on and see what others are working on. I wish you would present this aspect on the front page of the website and maybe once a week feature either a recording or video by a student. I think it would also be ideal for the site for more of the instructors to be more brash with their personalities to help reveal to the world how awesome this site is. I have found no where else on-line that promotes such extreme styles of music.

(The site as a whole probably needs a design overhaul, but that's just my opinion.)

Oh yeah, love the Hone Your Tone segment in the forums. Being an older guy than the rest of you, one of my challenges recently is learning to use my laptop as a "recording studio." I'm constantly blown away by great sounding recordings made by guitarists from their laptop.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2015, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to GMC!! Thanks for all your suggestions, request and comments regarding the site and our work here. We are permanently working to make things better so these kind of feedback it totally welcome!

I hope that you enjoy the site. Let me know if you need any help with your practice or setting up your recording home studio!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 24 2015, 09:47 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks a lot of the detailed feedback clashchords!

Right now we are a little bit lost in a site overhaul which has been going on for two years. The goal is to relaunch everything on a new technical platform which will allow us to add new functionalities (and improve the current ones). Unfortunately it has been delayed in ways I had not foreseen and development of the live site has been suffering because of this delay.

Having said this - there are still things we can change without waiting for the new platform. For example community activities and lesson direction, so once again feedback is very appreciated.

QUOTE (clashchords @ Apr 23 2015, 08:32 PM) *
I think it would also be ideal for the site for more of the instructors to be more brash with their personalities to help reveal to the world how awesome this site is. I have found no where else on-line that promotes such extreme styles of music.

I don't udnerstand this - it sounds interesting though, what do you want us to do with our personalities? cool.gif

QUOTE (clashchords @ Apr 23 2015, 08:32 PM) *
I also love that on this site I can upload what I am working on and see what others are working on. I wish you would present this aspect on the front page of the website and maybe once a week feature either a recording or video by a student.

I think this is a very good suggestion, we should be much better at lifting forward our amazing students. Watch this space.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kilimanjaro
Sep 7 2015, 01:30 PM
Hi GMC people. I'm Mark and I just joined here a week or so ago. I'm 47 and first started playing guitar while I was at school. I played a lot back then, but always tried to play stuff that was far too hard for me and didn't really get anywhere. I gave up for years and years when life got in the way, but have just come back to playing and it's GREAT to have everything graded, so I know exactly which lessons to choose. I've had to drop right back to level 2, but feel like I'm improving really fast already, so thanks to all of you fantastic instructors!

My equipment is all pretty awful at the moment, so I'm not sure if I'll be uploading any recordings yet, but I love that aspect of it too and am looking forward too getting some feedback.

Thanks again and I look forward to interacting with some great people/guitarists here.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2015, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Hello Mark! Welcome to GMC!!

Please count with me if you need feedback about your progress and also if you need lessons suggestions and help with your guitar routines.

Enjoy the site and the 15 riffs! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 PM