> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Suspended Chords
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2011, 11:29 AM
Instructor
How often do you guys use these and, most of all, do you like their sound? I am pretty fond of their properties and I use them a lot, as they bring a sort of spacy feeling to songs smile.gif

What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 7 2011, 11:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I feel and am stupid but what is a suspended chord??? huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2011, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Suspended chords are chords which usually have no 3rd

You must've heard of Asus2 or Asus4 for instance smile.gif

sus2 chords, have the following structure: tonic, second, fifth (1 2 5) in the case of Asus2 the notes would be A B E
sus4 - tonic, fourth, fifth - > in the case of Asus4, the notes would be A D E

So there's no third smile.gif

for a little joke: do you guys know which is the holy chord ? biggrin.gif

Gsus smile.gif))))) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 7 2011, 01:36 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 7 2011, 11:46 AM) *
for a little joke: do you guys know which is the holy chord ? biggrin.gif

Gsus smile.gif))))) tongue.gif

I died a little inside when I read this, haha laugh.gif

I rarely use suspended chords.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 7 2011, 01:47 PM
Instructor
I love how suspended chords sounds!
It's also interesting to use sus2 & sus4 Arpeggios during the solos!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2011, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Yeeess biggrin.gif Stephane, you just reminded me of how nice they sound smile.gif I think I'll recap them a little, since I haven't done anything with suspended arpeggios in some time - I especially like the dominant 7th sus4 forms biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 7 2011, 02:53 PM
Instructor
I use them a lot in my songs. The sus2 is one of my favourite chords, I use it every time that I can. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2011, 09:46 AM
Instructor
Another silly joke regarding suspended chords would be tongue.gif

'Q: What's the programmer's favorite chord?
A: Asus' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 15 2011, 02:56 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 7 2011, 12:47 PM) *
I love how suspended chords sounds!
It's also interesting to use sus2 & sus4 Arpeggios during the solos!

Hey Stephane do you have any examples of sus2 & sus4 arpeggios or maybe point me to a lesson that does?

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 15 2011, 03:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
I use them whenevr I can
usually I will hit th power chord and while I try to keep as many of those notes ringing , I will try to pick the suspended notes
I think it really adds flavor

+Quote Post
zoom
Oct 15 2011, 05:32 AM
Learning Roadie
I use them all the time on the acoustic they sound really nice! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 16 2011, 05:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 15 2011, 01:56 AM) *
Hey Stephane do you have any examples of sus2 & sus4 arpeggios or maybe point me to a lesson that does?

hey mate! biggrin.gif you can just play your usual major and minor arpeggio forms and implement a 4th (11th) or 2nd (9th) here and there.

I never figured out fixed positions just because I didn't want to play them as patterns, so each time I wanted to add such a color, I would just incorporate the necessary notes in the arpeggio I was playing.

For instance when you play a G major arpeggio, add the A (second) and C (fourth) and you will end up with some very interesting arpeggio forms smile.gif explore a lot and don't stop at the first position you encounter! Think of these notes as 'arpeggio boosting devices' biggrin.gif so, add them on your arpeggios instead of trying to find positions which incorporate them. Hope it makes sense!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:14 PM