My (bad) Experience With Musicstore.de
Keilnoth
Jun 21 2011, 10:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys,

Just writing some lines to share my experience with this store.

About 1 year and a half ago I ordered a new guitar and an USB soundcard. 7 months ago, the soundcard stopped working so I first tried to contact the constructor but had no answer at all. So I contacted MusicStore.de and they told me to pack the item and that they will pick it up.

So far, everything is cool, great service but, they don't even ask for my address ? Well, nevermind...

They picked the parcel up and then began a long wait. I then received an e-mail with a DHL tracking code and no other communication. But the parcel never made it out of Germany, it was blocked at Köln for some reason.

I started writing e-mails to MusicStore.de but had no answer at all. I finally picked up the phone and called them to hear a guy telling me that something went wrong and that they will send me my item back... Still no explanation.

I received it today, 6 months later. Still, no communication about anything, only automatic messages. And I had to pay 90$ to DHL, I still don't know why because they sent it to the wrong address. So I still don't know if the device work properly because I have to get it at my last workplace where I do not work anymore...

Make your own opinion but personaly, this is the last time I order anything from there. It's just an addition of crappy service and bad communication and finally I had to pay for it.

Thanks for reading my rant.
This is just stuff and money but I am bit angry right now. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Keilnoth: Jun 21 2011, 11:20 AM

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 21 2011, 10:36 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Man, that really sucks. I don't have any experience with musicstore.de, as I order my stuff at Thomann or Musik Produktiv. Mostly the latter, since they have a really small shop down my street so I can always go there, order stuff and they get it from their main shop (which is an hour drive away from my city), sometimes even at the same day. Same is true if I need something fixed. So I can highly recommend them even if you have to order only. Their customer service is really good.

Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 21 2011, 10:37 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 21 2011, 10:39 AM
Instructor
Sorry to hear that Keilnoth!

I never ordered to this store... I use Th**ann & I never had any problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 21 2011, 10:41 AM
Instructor
I'm sorry to hear that, I thought that such things happen only in my country, but I see that amateurism and bad service is present everywhere in the world !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 21 2011, 11:00 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That's just plain terrible!

I was also abused by musicstore.de and here's my story's first posts with conclusion on page #2.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=184862

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Jun 21 2011, 11:19 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks MickeM, I will use your technic if needed... smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2011, 11:28 AM
Instructor
That is completely incompetant service ! mad.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 21 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sorry to hear that mate sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2011, 04:11 PM
Instructor
What a bad experience! I'm so sorry. I hope that it work properly now.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 21 2011, 06:07 PM
Learning Roadie
That is crazy of them. What a bad company. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jun 21 2011, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
Sad to say it sounds like the 'MusicThingz' online store that started up here in New Zealand and then was shutdown.

Turned out that the online store was mostly just one guy.
He sold items really cheap by importing them from other countries. However this could take time, and strongly depends on what country it comes from to what quality/issues you get.
He then make it compatible to NZ power, English manuals, etc.

Most actually got a great music item for cheaper than you would anywhere else (plus a little bit extra for him).
Imports also get stopped by customs, checked, held to paid GST, and extra costs, etc.

The issue was time or if you have any problems with it!
It was said to be under at least 1 year warranty so people return it back to him.
Anyone smart knows any warranty is brokens when importing, but they had no idea it was imported in most cases.
That was the last you see if it and your money. Minimum excuses or no replys.

If your a lucky one, he would either hold onto it for 6 months then return saying nothing is wrong with it - when it's still broken but at least you got something back.

Things like that don't last long before getting caught out here and most people will bad review the company to the ground.
I'm sure 'Musicthingz' had legal action taken against the guy who created it.

Yet somehow his website still runs, maybe remanaged or still the same...
Good products if they work, but you can't afford anything to go wrong or return it to them!

Tip: Snoop around for company reviews and other customer comments (hopefully before purchasing).

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jun 21 2011, 07:04 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 21 2011, 10:24 PM
Instructor
That's terrible experience, so sad to hear about it sad.gif Not only that device didn't work, you had to go through all that.. It certainly didn't easy any pain about it! Well, that's life, you learn it, you will forget this issue, but the lesson is learned for the future!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:04 AM