2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Why Is Danielle Gottardo So Good ?
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 11 2008, 12:40 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35fBjI8j0g

Thats why.... rolleyes.gif cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 11 2008, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Great video. I saw him in London on the street with his family 2 days before the Guitar Idol competition. Brilliant player.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 11 2008, 01:27 PM
He's so good because he has no life. He locks himself in his room for 24 hours a day and relies on his parents to give him money probably. Most humans don't have enough time to get that good.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 11 2008, 05:37 PM
*yawn* meh hes ok I guess happy.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 11 2008, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Awesome player, great control of legato and economy.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
kjutte
Sep 11 2008, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 11 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Awesome player, great control of legato and economy.

Of everything.

+Quote Post
steve25
Sep 11 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm afraid this did nothing for me, sure is technique his great but i didn't think it sounded good at all, hmm. Don't get me wrong i love shred but not this kind of shred

This post has been edited by steve25: Sep 11 2008, 06:23 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 11 2008, 06:28 PM
All you need is Dave Gilmour smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 11 2008, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 11 2008, 04:27 AM) *
He's so good because he has no life. He locks himself in his room for 24 hours a day and relies on his parents to give him money probably. Most humans don't have enough time to get that good.

He has a life, It just so happens to be guitar.....

Maybe Dedication was the word you were looking for ? smile.gif
Lots and Lots of Dedication.....

QUOTE (steve25 @ Sep 11 2008, 09:22 AM) *
I'm afraid this did nothing for me, sure is technique his great but i didn't think it sounded good at all, hmm. Don't get me wrong i love shred but not this kind of shred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pi-AVqa1OU More your taste ? huh.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Gus
Sep 11 2008, 11:05 PM
Well, I liked his guitar idol entry/performance much more than this.

I know the video you posted is for a shred contest, but it is not very musical. It is kind of shredding for shredding. I mean, it does not fit very well the backing track.
Still, very impressive performance.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 12 2008, 10:28 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 11 2008, 02:27 PM) *

Yeah i think he has no life:) He almost forgot to eat the last 3 years or something look how thin he is.
I think that's not a very nice way of living you life, but he is very good and when he loves to play the guitar 24 hours a day why not:)

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 12 2008, 12:03 PM
Realy good player,shows if you put the hours in its worth it in the end.Loved his tapping section,and he is real slippery on his diatonic arp shapes bringing some colour to his solos.I think his phrases could be better,but thats nit picking as he matures he wil be playing some finger twisting lines

great player smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 12 2008, 12:34 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Sep 11 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Well, I liked his guitar idol entry/performance much more than this.

I know the video you posted is for a shred contest, but it is not very musical. It is kind of shredding for shredding. I mean, it does not fit very well the backing track.
Still, very impressive performance.

Yeah I know what you mean. It was just to show how hightly developed his Technique is .smile.gif

QUOTE (edguy @ Sep 12 2008, 01:28 AM) *
Yeah i think he has no life:) He almost forgot to eat the last 3 years or something look how thin he is.
I think that's not a very nice way of living you life, but he is very good and when he loves to play the guitar 24 hours a day why not:)

Thats kind of harsh. He's obviously made a carrer out of what he loves doing, playing the guitar. Performing in London, Going on T.V Show's, Traveling , Playing. I dont quite see how you could say he has "no life", and then we look at people like David Gilmour, Steve Vai, or any other respected pro and we dont say such a thing. Kind of hypocritcal in my view. blink.gif

QUOTE (Noangels @ Sep 12 2008, 03:03 AM) *
Realy good player,shows if you put the hours in its worth it in the end.Loved his tapping section,and he is real slippery on his diatonic arp shapes bringing some colour to his solos.I think his phrases could be better,but thats nit picking as he matures he wil be playing some finger twisting lines

great player smile.gif

+1 Sometimes I feel like he overuses the Arp. Shapes, but hes beggining to mix them up well ! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Sep 12 2008, 12:34 PM

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 12 2008, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Amazing young player!

Pity that his english is really bad so we couldn't talk a lot
in London but when it comes to guitar Danielle is just brilliant. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Alex87
Sep 12 2008, 02:00 PM
I think he is technically a genious, but if you asked him to play a standard blues would he be able without shredding?
I respect him for beeing so technically good, but my point is just i don't like it smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 12 2008, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex87 @ Sep 12 2008, 03:00 PM) *
I think he is technically a genious, but if you asked him to play a standard blues would he be able without shredding?
I respect him for beeing so technically good, but my point is just i don't like it smile.gif

Well I hope he would.
Higher technical ability usually leads to less "control"
but I wish that is not the case with Danielle. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 12 2008, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Sep 12 2008, 09:05 AM) *
Well I hope he would.
Higher technical ability usually leads to less "control"
but I wish that is not the case with Danielle. smile.gif

I'm confused. Or I guess what you mean is that being able to shred like that sometimes makes you destroy a song because you want to play fast when the song doesn't call for it.

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 12 2008, 02:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Sep 12 2008, 03:17 PM) *
I'm confused. Or I guess what you mean is that being able to shred like that sometimes makes you destroy a song because you want to play fast when the song doesn't call for it.

Kind of,yeah,some player with too much practicing are just
not able to control themself,they often play more then it's required for certain song/style.
I said some players of course, not all of them. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 12 2008, 02:43 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 12 2008, 12:34 PM) *
Thats kind of harsh. He's obviously made a carrer out of what he loves doing, playing the guitar. Performing in London, Going on T.V Show's, Traveling , Playing. I dont quite see how you could say he has "no life", and then we look at people like David Gilmour, Steve Vai, or any other respected pro and we dont say such a thing. Kind of hypocritcal in my view. blink.gif

That's because Gilmour and Vai are good and write cool music biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 12 2008, 02:44 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 12 2008, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Sep 12 2008, 09:28 AM) *
Kind of,yeah,some player with too much practicing are just
not able to control themself,they often play more then it's required for certain song/style.
I said some players of course, not all of them. smile.gif

I see what you mean, I suffered from this a little. Hopefully I am cured. My brother is a singer/songwriter that writes soft mellow music, and I play the guitar for him, whenever I was playing and I would see a smile on his face, it would mean "there he goes again with that metal shred nonsense". And I would of course ask him "Did I overplay", he would laugh again and say, "you need to work for the song, not against it, fitting every note you possibly can is not the purpose"

Wise words, I have matured as a player now, and every now and then I see a kid doing the same I used to do.

I guess if you are young player, you will probably have this problem, with the years you will understand better how to work for the song.

I don't know much about Danielle Gottardo, but certainly I admire his shred ability and technique, I haven't seen a slow Danielle Gottardo solo, I am certain that he can, and even if he doesn't right now, he eventually will as he matures as a player.

--------------------
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 PM