> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 4 2012, 12:24 AM
GMC:er
sounds good!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2012, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Regarding the groove, what do you feel it should sound like?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 4 2012, 08:23 PM
LOL for some stupid reason, i forgot to type that on my last post :facepalm:

Well when i started to write this, i was inspired by Buckethead; mostly on his "electric tears" side; but i also wanted to create let's say "post.rock kind of climax" which i have no clue how to do it biggrin.gif

Resuming; you would have this Buckethish kind of acoustic intro - then a buildup maybe - reaching the climax - then i have no idea tongue.gif

and yes a soundtrack sounds goods. Besides when i was creating the melody, i was always imagining a scene going on and the song following up.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 4 2012, 08:25 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2012, 10:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 4 2012, 07:23 PM) *
LOL for some stupid reason, i forgot to type that on my last post :facepalm:

Well when i started to write this, i was inspired by Buckethead; mostly on his "electric tears" side; but i also wanted to create let's say "post.rock kind of climax" which i have no clue how to do it biggrin.gif

Resuming; you would have this Buckethish kind of acoustic intro - then a buildup maybe - reaching the climax - then i have no idea tongue.gif

and yes a soundtrack sounds goods. Besides when i was creating the melody, i was always imagining a scene going on and the song following up.

K, sounds good mate, but, what sort of scene? biggrin.gif if I might ask?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 4 2012, 10:43 PM
well the scene is kind of childish and hard to describe biggrin.gif

Basically the first guitar is the Flower, who is stucked inside of a Cave; the Flower starts to play; and the Cave answer "Bends in 3-5 bars"; but then the Cave stops playing; and so the Flower does the same bend 7 bar; and they sing along and the Cave shows the Flower the Exit; then the Distortion guitar enters and the comunications betwen the Cave and the Flower gets Distorted, and then the Piano enters. the environment changes completely and the flower is alone;

The Flower is a man in coma; the cave is his subconscious who wants to save the man (show him the exit), but at the same time wants to kill him (making him stay in the coma)

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 4 2012, 10:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 5 2012, 01:46 AM
ok! i had an idea for the structure of the song:

"Acoustic Part" - The talk with the cave:
"Distortion/Piano" - Man is lost on his subconscious: -Starts the buildup for the confrotation; - "yet to define how it goes
"yet to Define how it goes" - Confrontation
"Yet to Define how it goes" - Climax/Back to the acoustic main melody
"acoustic main melody goes on; but this time the tempo is increasing!" - the man wakes up again in the cave; cave starts to talk, he ignores; "tension starts to buildup! he run to the exit.
And we let the song finish unresolved; like an opening end

I want to avoid; too many repetitions (of ideas) but also not mega complex tongue.gif

hope this isn't xD mega confusing.

now i just need an epifani to start writing; and to be honest i don't have any idea of rhythm, sound or idea to go on..just this. dry.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 5 2012, 02:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2012, 12:03 PM
Instructor
Hey man! no trouble, no confusion wink.gif creation is a very complex process and orchestration, the same biggrin.gif now here's what I suggest:

1) I will figure out primary grooves to the things which already exist
2) You try and come up with the rest of the parts so we can groove them up as well wink.gif

what say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 5 2012, 04:19 PM
Roger that boss.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 7 2012, 06:19 AM
Hey Cosmin; i am yet to tab this, but i had one idea.

instead of the fast piano lick, i would change to something like this.

Some feedback/scratch Effect, mean while the piano is playing this kind of melancholic melody and you have the guitar with high gain, but with no presence and reverb, like it's somewhere deep inside but you don't know where, doing these double stop bends, that would be like screams, then the volume of the feedback wave starts to increase *suspense* till it stops from nowhere, kind cliche suspense ambient ahah? tongue.gif!

this would go for the Man is lost on his subconscious part.

i am still have do create the piano, but what do you think?

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 7 2012, 06:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2012, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Not bad mate! biggrin.gif Let's see it in action and in the mean time, tomorrow I can start writing some drumz for ya biggrin.gif

Cheerios

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 9 2012, 05:46 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 8 2012, 10:46 AM) *
Not bad mate! biggrin.gif Let's see it in action and in the mean time, tomorrow I can start writing some drumz for ya biggrin.gif

Cheerios

Cosmin

I have a melody smile.gif still working on it; i wanted the "feedbacker" to be just feedback but i have no clue how to do it on gp

PS: the videos will come this weekend i hope.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 9 2012, 05:51 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Part_B_Flower_View.gp5 ( 3.41K ) Number of downloads: 113

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 9 2012, 07:31 AM
btw you got to listen with RSE on, otherwise it will sound pretty crapy biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 9 2012, 09:09 PM
Instructor
Hell mate! You scared the .... out of me laugh.gif REALLY - I'll try to listen to it again in the morning... oh man sad.gif my imagination will be playing odd tricks on me tonight. SCARY GOOD!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 10 2012, 06:15 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 9 2012, 08:09 PM) *
Hell mate! You scared the .... out of me laugh.gif REALLY - I'll try to listen to it again in the morning... oh man sad.gif my imagination will be playing odd tricks on me tonight. SCARY GOOD!

biggrin.gif i am sorry

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 12 2012, 08:26 PM
io Cosmin, do you mind if i post.pone this for a while, i am having some sleep disorder issues that need to be fix, so i probably won't be around in the next days

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 12 2012, 08:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 12 2012, 07:26 PM) *
io Cosmin, do you mind if i post.pone this for a while, i am having some sleep disorder issues that need to be fix, so i probably won't be around in the next days

hey man! Sorry to hear that sad.gif I'm here, so let me know when you want to discuss this - I'll be around anyway so if anything else comes to mind, let me know, but take care of yourself,k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 19 2012, 02:06 PM
io Cosmin-sensei! i am back tongue.gif my sleep cycles are back to normal.

ready to work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 19 2012, 08:15 PM
cosmin there's something that i really really really want to work.

1º- barre chords and riff's (this is my current nemesis)~
2º- quick left hand reaction to chords changing, for the simple chords to the weird petrucci stretchish ones.

what do you have for me !?

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 19 2012, 08:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2012, 08:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Mar 19 2012, 07:15 PM) *
cosmin there's something that i really really really want to work.

1º- barre chords and riff's (this is my current nemesis)~
2º- quick left hand reaction to chords changing, for the simple chords to the weird petrucci stretchish ones.

what do you have for me !?

Hola amigo! biggrin.gif I was just about to write to you and welcome you back to your thread tongue.gif you know it kinda missed you. So, what do you want to tackle first, your song or the chords?

Let me know and we can go at it wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 19 2012, 08:36 PM
Mighty Chords ! pliz

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 PM