2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Toroso, Discussion
Tolek
Mar 1 2009, 10:34 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Toroso! smile.gif
This topic will be used for commenting all of your videos!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 13 2009, 11:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Comment on the first group assignment and your Heavy Metal Solo

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Mar 14 2009, 12:14 PM

+Quote Post
Toroso
Mar 13 2009, 11:20 PM
GMC:er
smile.gif Hi Tolek

Yes, I will go clean and that should improve volume levels as well. I did have the amp up higher than was good.
As far as playing with a metronome, I do that, I just didn't with the vid. And as you can see, I can't think as fast backwards as forwards. LOL!

The Heavy Metal thing was just practice for me and state of affairs type thing for you. In a year I want to be ashamed I ever posted that. cool.gif And yes! I whupped the dookey out of that first position! biggrin.gif

cheers

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 14 2009, 12:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toroso @ Mar 13 2009, 11:20 PM) *
smile.gif Hi Tolek

Yes, I will go clean and that should improve volume levels as well. I did have the amp up higher than was good.
As far as playing with a metronome, I do that, I just didn't with the vid. And as you can see, I can't think as fast backwards as forwards. LOL!

The Heavy Metal thing was just practice for me and state of affairs type thing for you. In a year I want to be ashamed I ever posted that. cool.gif And yes! I whupped the dookey out of that first position! biggrin.gif

cheers

I just goofed, me too! biggrin.gif I put twice the same video in the post. Now, you can see the second part, as well. smile.gif

Keep practising.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 19 2009, 09:09 PM
Learning Rock Star

Thats´s much better than before! Good work! smile.gif The only small issue is still the timing. Try to play the notes without saying them with the metronome. Then, put your guitar away, write down the notes you play and practise saying the notes with the metronome. Finally, you can mix both. smile.gif
Don´t forget the chords! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Toroso
Mar 20 2009, 12:46 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 19 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Thats´s much better than before! Good work! smile.gif The only small issue is still the timing. Try to play the notes without saying them with the metronome. Then, put your guitar away, write down the notes you play and practise saying the notes with the metronome. Finally, you can mix both. smile.gif
Don´t forget the chords! wink.gif

Hey that's a good idea! smile.gif I get off sometimes when my old brain is trying to work. huh.gif I'm working on the chords too and getting better with barres.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 20 2009, 08:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toroso @ Mar 20 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Hey that's a good idea! smile.gif I get off sometimes when my old brain is trying to work. huh.gif I'm working on the chords too and getting better with barres.

Good to hear about some progress! smile.gif
I also have timing problems and that´s why I have to sit down and play with a metronome, but I always forget. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 4 2009, 04:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Comment on Strumming/Arpgeggios Lesson

I forgot to mention that you should tune your guitar precisier. biggrin.gif I hope you heard as well that it sounded worse than with a tuned guitar. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Apr 4 2009, 05:08 PM

+Quote Post
Toroso
Apr 4 2009, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 4 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Comment on Strumming/Arpgeggios Lesson

I forgot to mention that you should tune your guitar precisier. biggrin.gif I hope you heard as well that it sounded worse than with a tuned guitar. wink.gif

Yes, mad.gif I meant to tune and forgot. I was thinking more about what I was doing and didn't notice until my friend pointed it out. I will keep working on this and practice the barres like you said and post an update.

Thanks Tolek.

BTW: You may want to turned your mic down some when recording. Your voice was fine but the guitar blatted out my speakers! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 4 2009, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toroso @ Apr 4 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Yes, mad.gif I meant to tune and forgot. I was thinking more about what I was doing and didn't notice until my friend pointed it out. I will keep working on this and practice the barres like you said and post an update.

Thanks Tolek.

BTW: You may want to turned your mic down some when recording. Your voice was fine but the guitar blatted out my speakers! ohmy.gif

Don´t worry about the detuned guitar. It happens. smile.gif When I was playing my exam and finished a piece, one of the jury said to me that I should tune a string. laugh.gif
Yes, I noticed that when it was uploaded. Sorry! biggrin.gif I´ll do it better next time.

I´m looking forward to your next take. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toroso
Apr 7 2009, 01:24 AM
Hi Tolek

Tonight I found a jam track on my computer. I know it is in G. Teach me how to figure the chord progression and scales to use.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Apr 17 2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Tolek my only problem with the deadline for the assigment is that I am traveling for work next week and will have no guitar. mad.gif But I will see what I can do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 17 2009, 10:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toroso @ Apr 17 2009, 11:06 AM) *
Hi Tolek my only problem with the deadline for the assigment is that I am traveling for work next week and will have no guitar. mad.gif But I will see what I can do.

Hey Brian! I can make an exception for you. smile.gif Just post your homework whenever you have the time. This means that chances to get a + get smaller. wink.gif I hope you don´t mind. smile.gif
As for the lesson to finding out the chord progression. Sorry, I haven´t started yet. I´m so lazy during the holidays. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Toroso
Apr 17 2009, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 17 2009, 05:24 AM) *
Hey Brian! I can make an exception for you. smile.gif Just post your homework whenever you have the time. This means that chances to get a + get smaller. wink.gif I hope you don´t mind. smile.gif
As for the lesson to finding out the chord progression. Sorry, I haven´t started yet. I´m so lazy during the holidays. laugh.gif

No worries! smile.gif I'm gonna shoot for a + biggrin.gif I want to make sure I understood the video. Do you want us to play in a triplet timing?

cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 17 2009, 04:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great to see such ambitions! smile.gif I love giving + to a student, so give your best. wink.gif

Yes, in triplets. The same way I played it in the video. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toroso
Apr 26 2009, 01:10 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 17 2009, 11:45 AM) *
Great to see such ambitions! smile.gif I love giving + to a student, so give your best. wink.gif

Yes, in triplets. The same way I played it in the video. smile.gif

Oh well, things don't always work out the way you want. I'm back home from travel now but still decompressing. I'll get working on this one today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 27 2009, 03:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toroso @ Apr 26 2009, 02:10 PM) *
Oh well, things don't always work out the way you want. I'm back home from travel now but still decompressing. I'll get working on this one today.

Welcome back! smile.gif I´m looking forward to your take, as always!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 27 2009, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Just wanted to pop in and say that I am really enjoying this discussion.
You guys are doing a great job!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 27 2009, 04:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Apr 27 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Just wanted to pop in and say that I am really enjoying this discussion.
You guys are doing a great job!

Thanks for your kind input, David! smile.gif I hope such short, but effective posts motivate my mentorees as much as me!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 27 2009, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Very nice topic guys! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:49 PM