4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Endorsement, V-Picks
derper
Mar 16 2012, 05:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
Shipping error, and Vinni's on it! +10 for v-picks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Mar 16 2012, 08:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 16 2012, 04:33 AM) *
Shipping error, and Vinni's on it! +10 for v-picks!

Good!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 16 2012, 08:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
In the meanwhile, I bought a Pickboy "handmade bone" pick. Grips very well, and I do LIKE it.....but when compared to my Switchblade (now it's "buffed" from playing for a month!!) the tone just doesn't compare! Plus, the bone pick has just a bit of "resistance", thus slowing down my "top picking speed" a bit, whereas V-picks are very fast and light.

Also, I picked up several of the Dunlop Tortex Sharps, in heavier gauges than I used to play. V-picks taught me that a thicker pick can change the tone. My thought was, "Tortex always felt great, and gripped well....but I played a .88mm, and perhaps a thicker one will work well AND have better tone!!" If it did, it wasn't by much....and the tone was still the WORST when compared to the bone pick, or v-picks.

I'm doing all this comparative investigation NOW, so I can settle into my perfect pick as soon as possible. I wanted to be onto my 3rd or 4th v-pick order already, and working on "modifications" to the grip. Oh well, I'll get there asap.

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Mar 17 2012, 12:30 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 16 2012, 07:21 PM) *
In the meanwhile, I bought a Pickboy "handmade bone" pick. Grips very well, and I do LIKE it.....but when compared to my Switchblade (now it's "buffed" from playing for a month!!) the tone just doesn't compare! Plus, the bone pick has just a bit of "resistance", thus slowing down my "top picking speed" a bit, whereas V-picks are very fast and light.

Also, I picked up several of the Dunlop Tortex Sharps, in heavier gauges than I used to play. V-picks taught me that a thicker pick can change the tone. My thought was, "Tortex always felt great, and gripped well....but I played a .88mm, and perhaps a thicker one will work well AND have better tone!!" If it did, it wasn't by much....and the tone was still the WORST when compared to the bone pick, or v-picks.

I'm doing all this comparative investigation NOW, so I can settle into my perfect pick as soon as possible. I wanted to be onto my 3rd or 4th v-pick order already, and working on "modifications" to the grip. Oh well, I'll get there asap.

Patience truly is vital. Guitar has taught me that, if anything.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 17 2012, 03:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
Here's a pic of my first, and failed, attempt to modify my v-pick.

This post has been edited by derper: Mar 17 2012, 03:21 AM

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2012, 08:10 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 16 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Here's a pic of my first, and failed, attempt to modify my v-pick.

Try, try, again as they say smile.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 17 2012, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
I just happened to have that outdoor "grip tape" at work, so figured I'd give it a shot. No bueno. Next up.....hockey tape!!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 17 2012, 12:10 AM) *
Try, try, again as they say smile.gif

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:35 PM