> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gitarrero’s Punk Attitude, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 20 2012, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Hi again! Yes, that lesson is a good choice! Let's go for it. I would also see you working on this two lessons... we can start for the legato one, the other is more difficult but you can start trying it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/legato-lesson/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

Regarding your routine, please also add any of the right hand lessons from the ITC.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 2 2012, 08:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hola Gabriel,

I am slowly returning to a well-rounded practice routine with these legato lessons, a few AP lessons (Lian's Metal Patterns and a few of Todd's licks from his chat) and a few"in the style of" lessons. smile.gif
For a start, I recorded two rec takes tonight, so please check the rec section...one lesson is one of your own wink.gif

Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2012, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Hi man! I just checked and graded your REC takes! It's clear that you have been working hard! The lessons are ok but I noticed that you have to work on your timing. Both lessons has fast section and I think that your timing problem is just a technique limitation of your right hand so we have to train it!

At first I would like you to divide the Artic Monkeys lessons and work on the different riffs over metronome or a drum loop. Start at a slower tempo but work on them as a loop for some minutes until your hand is tired. Work on this way for some days for 30 minutes.

Have you ever worked on this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 10 2012, 08:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Gab!

I've learned Marcus' lesson sometime in the past, but will work on it again. I have also been working on the Arctic Monkeys and Rise Against lesson at a slower tempo these last days.

Come to think of lessons:
Since I am also in Cosmin's mentoring group and he focuses on technique and a practice agenda for now, how about we focus on song lessons and songwriting? I think this would make things easier smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 10 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Hi Gab!

I've learned Marcus' lesson sometime in the past, but will work on it again. I have also been working on the Arctic Monkeys and Rise Against lesson at a slower tempo these last days.

Come to think of lessons:
Since I am also in Cosmin's mentoring group and he focuses on technique and a practice agenda for now, how about we focus on song lessons and songwriting? I think this would make things easier smile.gif

Hi mate! That really makes sense to me! Do you have any new idea in progress? Let's work on it! We could go for the gab's army album song. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 11 2012, 06:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sounds cool!

No new idea in my head at the moment, but that will come once I grab the guitar biggrin.gif

I've got plans for a new student instructor lesson though, I will share my first thoughts with you once I recorded them.

For now, I will work on Marcus' rhythm lesson and the Rise Against and Arctic Monkeys lesson again.
Or what punky, rhythm oriented lesson would you suggest?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 09:32 PM
Instructor
Cool mate! Here you have some suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/My-Che...nce-Punk-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Explosive_Punk_Rock/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rancid-Roots/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Slash-...-I-Punk-Rhythm/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 18 2012, 07:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nice!
Working on the first two lessons at the moment, your MCR lesson is kinda hard at some points though biggrin.gif

On friday, I'm going to see Anti-Flag live, then I have the whole weekend to compose and record stuff for the Gab's Army album. How does that sound? smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 18 2012, 08:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 18 2012, 03:18 PM) *
Nice!
Working on the first two lessons at the moment, your MCR lesson is kinda hard at some points though biggrin.gif

On friday, I'm going to see Anti-Flag live, then I have the whole weekend to compose and record stuff for the Gab's Army album. How does that sound? smile.gif

This sounds SO exciting! Can't wait to hear your entry for the album! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 21 2012, 02:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Man Gabriel, it's been a while!
But we need to revive this thread...
I recorded a demo of a song, didn't add any drum fills and let out the bass completely. All in all I think the song could pretty much stay as it is, with bass and drum adjustments of course. It is pretty short, but I went more for an Anti-Flag kind of song.
How do you like the main riff, should I add more gain or chose other notes?
I also used the second guitar to add a few single notes and palm muting in the verse...I thought about adding a third guitar that would just palm mute everything throughout the whole song, but decided against it.
What do you think so far?

Christian

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/resist

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2012, 06:32 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This could be a very cool punk hit!! Well done!
I would work a bit more the main riff... maybe as you said the notes election, or even the progression, to make it sound more interesting. You could change the ending of each repetition. I have been jamming and some ideas appeared, however I would like to hear variations from you. Also you could switch the progression to F sharp minor - A Maj - E Maj. This would mean that you change the B for the E, you can do it always or maybe the second and fourth time that you repeat the progression.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 21 2012, 06:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sounds cool!
Yeah, I'm not too happy with the main melody as well, I'll mess around with some other notes.
As for the progression, I actually do change the B for an E every second and fourth time biggrin.gif But will mess with the progression as well. But it's a good starting point smile.gif
About the verse part...do you think I should play the palm muted part throughout the whole verse, as well as little arpeggios? Or leave it like it is (arpeggios in the first half of the verse, pm in the second half) ?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2012, 09:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 21 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Sounds cool!
Yeah, I'm not too happy with the main melody as well, I'll mess around with some other notes.
As for the progression, I actually do change the B for an E every second and fourth time biggrin.gif But will mess with the progression as well. But it's a good starting point smile.gif
About the verse part...do you think I should play the palm muted part throughout the whole verse, as well as little arpeggios? Or leave it like it is (arpeggios in the first half of the verse, pm in the second half) ?

ahh I missed that you already played the E chord sometimes! I prefer it over the B chords. Regarding the verse, i think that a good bass tone could do the job, so you could try avoiding the palm muted guitar.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 21 2012, 09:16 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Okay, I will record bass tomorrow and leave out the pm part in the verse. I'll also try and substitute the B in the main riff by an E. Then we'll see what else could be done wink.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2012, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 21 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Okay, I will record bass tomorrow and leave out the pm part in the verse. I'll also try and substitute the B in the main riff by an E. Then we'll see what else could be done wink.gif

Great! Please post here a version with bass and if you can, some variations of the main riff. Do you have ideas for the vocal melody?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 22 2012, 04:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Gabriel,

here we go with an updated version!
I added bass and tried to play a bit more agressive in the verse, where the guitar only plays single notes now. What do you think of the bass tone? I added a bit of distortion. I also added a few drum fills now.
I changed the main melody (I think it is more interesting now) but kept the chord progression for now (F#m - A - B - F#m - A - E ).

What do you think so far?

http://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/resist-update-new-melody-and

I haven't thought of a vocal melody yet, but am trying out different stuff now. I really wanna record vocals, but need to sort out a few technical problems...
Maybe this could be my song for the Gab's Army album, if we are still planning to do this smile.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2012, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Good job mate! I think that the main riff is more interesting now, you should play it even tighter. The bass arrangements sound cool over the backing and now I think that the verse guitars job fits better. Regarding the bass tone, I would boost a bit the EQ around 1.5 Khz to make it sound clearer. This track could definitely work for the Army's album! smile.gif
I'm trying vocals over it and I find the chorus first chord very particular, how are your melodies sounding over it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 23 2012, 03:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Gabriel,

thanks for the feedback! I'm also happy with the new main melody, I will record it again so it's tighter.

As for the vocal melody, I think I pretty much got it down for the verse. As for the chorus, it is indeed difficult because of the sound of the first chord. It's a regular barre Am chord, but it really sounds weird when you wanna sing over it.

Speaking of vocal melodies, how do you or Luciana come up with them? I once saw an interview with Marta Jandova (the singer of the band Die Happy, I think you know them) and she said when she had no lyrics yet, she would just sing "nanananana" or sing something that sounded like english, but wouldn't consist of actual english words. So that's what I'm doing right now, and it's working good.
Do you think I should change/re-record the first chorus chord?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
yes, I think that changing that first chords would be something that will allow you to create a more catchy melody over the song. I use to create Cirse's vocal melodies, just singing over the song without thinking on lyrics, I just combine words that sound good. If you don't feel comfortable doing this just with your voice, you could help yourself with your guitar.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 27 2012, 02:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Gabriel,

I really need your help with this...no matter what I try, it doesn't sound right.
Now, the progression is A - E - B - D - E.
I tried to leave out the A and substitute it with something else, but nothing works out right.
I tried starting with the E, so it is E - B - D, but then I can't find a catchy chord that also leads back to the E for the next chorus.
inserting F# and A also didn't really work...
Any advice?
I'm happy with the rest of the song, but this is driving me nuts laugh.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 AM