Jazz In C Collab - Final Mix And Comments
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 4 2008, 04:51 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
First a big thank you to all who took part - hope you had fun smile.gif . A special thiankyou to Andrew for helping with the backing track.

My apologies for the delay in putting this up - been rather busy at home over the last couple of weeks. First I'd like to say how much I enjoyed listening to all the takes - some very nice playing form you all!

Muris: Afraid this will be a bit repetitive but as ever a great take. I particularly liked your tone as well as your playing - great proof that jazz can be played on a solid bodied electric. Nice use of passing tones and ornamentation to add some lovely touches of class.

Eddy - for someone who has only been playing a few months this was excellent. I liked the cool jazzy chorus/reverb sound. I thought that both your note choice and timing were great - I particularly liked your use of notes that lasted a measure followed by faster passages - gave a great sense of speed variation and dynamics. Just as a suggestion as you progress you could perhaps use additional 'outside' playing and passing and neighbouring notes to let you move through additional modes, scales etc. Great take nonetheless.

Coffeeman - some very nice cool playing - I particularly liked your long descending and ascending run towards the end of your take, very cool. Tonewise - and this is a personal thing - I'd roll off the treble a bit and add more midrange for a more 'woody' and warm tone. To me I think you might look at your targetting a bit - to my ears it didn't always sound quite in. Nonetheless I thought that targetting here was a great idea and a great way to accent the chords for the listener.

David - loved the outside nature which gave your take a more modern fusion vibe. Great playing with some very nice, to my ears, note choices that really demonstrated how you can play out of the box.

Ivan - again another great take. Lots of nice changes in tempo that helped drive your take along and make it interesting. Nice guitar tone although the one suggestion I'd make is to consider lowering your input gain a bit to avoid clipping.

PlayAllDay - nice cool playing, I particularly liked the way you would repeat a phrase but alter it a bit or reharmonise it. Great ending as well - very jazzy smile.gif . A little like Ivan though I'd suggest reducing your input level a bit to avoid clipping.

Again a big thanks all for a great collab.

Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  finaljazzcollab.mp3 ( 2.99MB ) Number of downloads: 255

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 4 2008, 04:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jan 4 2008, 10:51 AM) *
Coffeeman - some very nice cool playing - I particularly liked your long descending and ascending run towards the end of your take, very cool. Tonewise - and this is a personal thing - I'd roll off the treble a bit and add more midrange for a more 'woody' and warm tone. To me I think you might look at your targetting a bit - to my ears it didn't always sound quite in. Nonetheless I thought that targetting here was a great idea and a great way to accent the chords for the listener.

Thanks for your comments Tony , this was a nice collab, I hope we can have more jazz collabs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Jan 4 2008, 07:21 PM
GMC:er
Hello Tony, hope you recovered from your hectic Xmas period!
Thank you so much for your comment, collaboration AND DAW & recording lessons! smile.gif
I'm doing my best to improve and learn every single day,
and I hope to become a decent musician sometime... smile.gif
As you once said, it will take a lot of time and practice. But I'm willing to.
Thank you once again for this collaboration,
and hope you'll make another one soon.

Cheers, Eddie

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 08:43 PM
Instructor
Thanks for comment and great mix Tony,was pleasure to contribute!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 4 2008, 08:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow awesome job guys, everyone sounded great!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2008, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Thanks for this lovely collab man. It was a plesaure playing it smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 4 2008, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
ohmy.gif wow that was really good , great takes from everyone!

Eddiecats was for me very good indeed! sorry to single one person out but I `m just amazed at your progress and versitility already!

great collab Tony, really nice smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Jan 4 2008, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 4 2008, 09:48 PM) *
ohmy.gif wow that was really good , great takes from everyone!

Eddiecat was for me very good indeed! sorry to single one person out but I `m just amazed at your progress and versitility already!

great collab Tony, really nice smile.gif

Thank you very much indeed, Smells!
I'm just working hard and you are one of those "promised lands". smile.gif
Love your playing!

Cheers, Eddie

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Jan 5 2008, 02:23 AM
That was so much fun to do Tony - thankyou so much and also Andrew for all the extra work you do.
(And thankyou for the nice comment Tony biggrin.gif )

I loved all the other contributions - some great ideas in all of them for me to try.

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Jan 5 2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for putting the work into this collab Tony, it was great fun to do, and the feedback is useful!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 5 2008, 03:18 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Pleasure guys and glad that you all had fun smile.gif . Again they were all great takes and a pleasure to listen to smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 6 2008, 11:52 AM
GMC Founder
Wow! I dodn't we had such high level of jazz playing! blink.gif laugh.gif All participants rocked the house! biggrin.gif (hmm don't know if that's a suitable expression for jazz unsure.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jan 6 2008, 11:57 AM
Wow that was fantastic to listen to!! completely relaxed me... I need to introduce myself to the world of jazz i think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 6 2008, 12:02 PM
Great work team GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 6 2008, 12:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Mmmmmm smooth cool.gif

Great playing everyone. Its something of a mystery to me jazz unsure.gif. Hope to break into it this year!

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:38 PM