> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Metal Power Chords, Lesson By Lian Gerbino
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Rhida
Oct 11 2014, 05:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Metal Power Chords by Lian Gerbino

2nd attempt...

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52992

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 12 2014, 12:08 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

I think you did a pretty good job here - the chord changes occur on time and they chord shapes are clean - maybe the changes could be smoother in terms of unwanted noises, but otherwise, I think we are cool with this one smile.gif

So, if you want to perfect it, you should focus on controling the noises when executing the chord changes.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2014, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida!

I compared this new take with the previous one and I'm amazed of the big improvements! smile.gif

1- Your tone is much better on this one. Your guitar sounds more present and defined. Your work on tone is very notorious!!

2- The chord changes are smoother. You could eliminate the silence between chords that was a big problem in your previous take.

3- Your playing is tight and precise. The timing issues disappeared on this new take. You change chords very tight with the backing track.

Those were 3 very important issues that you could solve thanks to your hard work, so keep on the great job!! smile.gif

PS: Cosmin is right about some little noises that appear here and there, so be sure to avoid them on the next takes.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 13 2014, 02:35 PM
Instructor
This is sounding a lot better. As your confidence in the chord changes increases, so does your accuracy. Knowing a piece well also means you can relax a lot more which also aids accuracy and helps prevent playing in front of the beat and other issues.

I think you could still leave it later to move to the chord shapes in many cases, especially areas like 0:33. Your hand is fretting the next shape and sounding it before it's due to arrive. So if you can work on those bits you'll benefit from it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 15 2014, 03:59 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21 PM