The Riddle Of Steel
bryanmoore
Jun 20 2011, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Greetings fellow GMC classmates.

Just thought I'd post my two cents on string bending since I'm really start to get the hang of it.

You know how you read where pros say try to hold on to the string as lightly as possible while bending? Just enough tension to keep the string pressed to the fretboard? Don't listen to them.

The problem with this advice is it is mostly coming from guys who learned how to bend at a very early age. It's almost like second nature to them.

I think the key to getting the hang of it is in a firm three finger grip and a relaxed wrist. I've read where Jerry Arcidiacono mentions this (about the wrist that is). Learn to keep your wrist very relaxed and even experiment with an over-exaggerated grip on the strings. In time you will learn how to relax your grip a bit, but the important thing is you learn how much pressure it actually takes on a guitar with medium to high action to keep the string from slipping on you.

Hope this helps.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:55 AM