> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Maajong's Creative Journey
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 19 2012, 02:04 PM
Instructor
Hey there Maajong! This here, is your personal mentoring thread, so let's see smile.gif what are your favorite styles and where do you see yourself as a player? You told me you are a beginner, but I am sure you have aspirations so, it would be important to set some directions wink.gif

Looking forward to your answer!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2012, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Goodmorning mate!

I would suggest starting with mastering rhythm, timing and tightness - these are very important for any player, as this is the point which defines how conscious you are of what you are playing smile.gif we'll stick to simple things at first and then evolve towards more complex figures.

I'd suggest this one to begin with:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginners-Corner-11/ it looks fairly simple but it deals with focusing on your right hand smile.gif as well as this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...rumming-Rhythm/

I think they can improve your insight on simple rhythmic patterns and chord shifts so, we should start with these wink.gif

Take a look over them and let's discuss smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Maajong
Feb 20 2012, 09:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 20 2012, 10:12 AM) *
Goodmorning mate!

I would suggest starting with mastering rhythm, timing and tightness - these are very important for any player, as this is the point which defines how conscious you are of what you are playing smile.gif we'll stick to simple things at first and then evolve towards more complex figures.

I'd suggest this one to begin with:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginners-Corner-11/ it looks fairly simple but it deals with focusing on your right hand smile.gif as well as this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...rumming-Rhythm/

I think they can improve your insight on simple rhythmic patterns and chord shifts so, we should start with these wink.gif

Take a look over them and let's discuss smile.gif

Hey Master,

I watched the main and first part with Bears discriptions of his lessons and I think its a great starting point.
I think they will be quite a challenge for me and a good practice for the feel of the music itself, to make the technique second nature and just play. I think thats one really good way to start, What do you think?

After I have practiced them for a while I will try to post videos here to let you see and hear. I hope I´ll get it cause I have no experience with editing video and add audio from the DAW.

But lets see biggrin.gif

So long,
Torsten

--------------------
Greetings and Rooock oonnn!

Maajong

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maajong @ Feb 20 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Hey Master,

I watched the main and first part with Bears discriptions of his lessons and I think its a great starting point.
I think they will be quite a challenge for me and a good practice for the feel of the music itself, to make the technique second nature and just play. I think thats one really good way to start, What do you think?

After I have practiced them for a while I will try to post videos here to let you see and hear. I hope I´ll get it cause I have no experience with editing video and add audio from the DAW.

But lets see biggrin.gif

So long,
Torsten

Hey Torsten, I think it's a good approach wink.gif the quality of the recording is not too important now, as long as the take is easy to understand from the recording itself.

Anyway, when I am talking about tightness I mean, how clean and accurate and rhythmically correct your interpretation is wink.gif

Let me know if there's anything else, my friend!

+Quote Post
Maajong
Feb 23 2012, 09:34 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 22 2012, 04:38 PM) *
Hey Torsten, I think it's a good approach wink.gif the quality of the recording is not too important now, as long as the take is easy to understand from the recording itself.

Anyway, when I am talking about tightness I mean, how clean and accurate and rhythmically correct your interpretation is wink.gif

Let me know if there's anything else, my friend!

Good morning Cosmin,

practising Beginners Corner 11 and its not easy for me even if it looks easy ; )

One question: Bear uses a pretty distorted sound in this lesson. To set the focus on tightness, would it be better for me to use a clean sound on this lesson? I think that would be better to improve the sound of the chords.
Do you have a hint for me?

Torsten

--------------------

Maajong

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2012, 10:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maajong @ Feb 23 2012, 08:34 AM) *
Good morning Cosmin,

practising Beginners Corner 11 and its not easy for me even if it looks easy ; )

One question: Bear uses a pretty distorted sound in this lesson. To set the focus on tightness, would it be better for me to use a clean sound on this lesson? I think that would be better to improve the sound of the chords.
Do you have a hint for me?

Torsten

Hey mate, I was thinking about your take - that it would be easy for me to understand in respect to the fact that you said you don't have facilities to record at high quality. So, record as well as you can with what you have right now wink.gif

Yes, regarding the tone, a cleaner tone would help so that you may play as tight as possible at first and then, you should turn the gain up on the tone for a second recording, when you master the take.

Recording with a slightly distorted tone requires more control wink.gif so yes, your approach is very good!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Maajong
Feb 25 2012, 12:19 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2012, 10:30 AM) *
Hey mate, I was thinking about your take - that it would be easy for me to understand in respect to the fact that you said you don't have facilities to record at high quality. So, record as well as you can with what you have right now wink.gif

Yes, regarding the tone, a cleaner tone would help so that you may play as tight as possible at first and then, you should turn the gain up on the tone for a second recording, when you master the take.

Recording with a slightly distorted tone requires more control wink.gif so yes, your approach is very good!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin,

I have some problems to post the video here. I managed to make take with my camcorder, but the file on my sd card is a *.mod file and I cant manage to import it into movie maker. So it may last a while till I solved my problems and post my take here. mad.gif mad.gif

Greetings,
Torsten

--------------------

Maajong

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 25 2012, 12:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maajong @ Feb 25 2012, 11:19 AM) *
Hey Cosmin,

I have some problems to post the video here. I managed to make take with my camcorder, but the file on my sd card is a *.mod file and I cant manage to import it into movie maker. So it may last a while till I solved my problems and post my take here. mad.gif mad.gif

Greetings,
Torsten

Hey Torsten! There are free converting programs online smile.gif try to search 'mod to mp4 online' wink.gif

Let me know if it worked mate biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Maajong
Feb 25 2012, 10:28 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 25 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Hey Torsten! There are free converting programs online smile.gif try to search 'mod to mp4 online' wink.gif

Let me know if it worked mate biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin,

so this is my first try. Thats my starting point. I think the backing track could be louder. Next time.

Greetings!

--------------------

Maajong

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maajong @ Feb 25 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Hey Cosmin,

so this is my first try. Thats my starting point. I think the backing track could be louder. Next time.

Greetings!

Hey Torsten smile.gif the take is building up nicely man! I think you had good timing, but you should always take some time to check out the guitar so that it is tuned up when you start recording and there are small parts here and there which you could improve. By this I mean, practicing this lesson a bit more, your hands will loosen up and it'll have the flow it lacks a bit right now.

Nothing you couldn't manage to take care of wink.gif and yes, the backing needs to be louder. Just subscribed to your channel on youtube mate wink.gif

Do you feel like taking this one to perfection, or giving the other one I suggested a shot as well?

+Quote Post
Maajong
Feb 26 2012, 12:24 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 26 2012, 09:36 AM) *
Hey Torsten smile.gif the take is building up nicely man! I think you had good timing, but you should always take some time to check out the guitar so that it is tuned up when you start recording and there are small parts here and there which you could improve. By this I mean, practicing this lesson a bit more, your hands will loosen up and it'll have the flow it lacks a bit right now.

Nothing you couldn't manage to take care of wink.gif and yes, the backing needs to be louder. Just subscribed to your channel on youtube mate wink.gif

Do you feel like taking this one to perfection, or giving the other one I suggested a shot as well?

Morning Cosmin,

I think I will stick to this lesson to take it to (nearly) perfection, but I will try to get used to the other lesson as well, but that will take its time cause of the chords in there, they are new to me (some of them).

So thanks for your feedback so far!

Torsten

--------------------

Maajong

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cosmin Lupu   Maajong's Creative Journey   Feb 19 2012, 02:04 PM
- - Maajong   QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 19 2012, 02:04 P...   Feb 19 2012, 04:03 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey Torsten! I was thinking that we may begin...   Feb 19 2012, 11:15 PM
|- - Maajong   QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 19 2012, 11:15 P...   Feb 19 2012, 11:53 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Cosmin Lupu   Goodmorning mate! I would suggest starting wi...   Feb 20 2012, 10:12 AM
|- - Maajong   Oh, Cosmin, I have one more question as you know ...   Feb 22 2012, 03:13 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Maajong @ Feb 26 2012, 11:24 AM) M...   Feb 26 2012, 07:52 PM
|- - Maajong   QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 26 2012, 07:52 P...   Feb 29 2012, 04:24 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey Torsten, no problem mate, just take care and I...   Mar 1 2012, 09:25 AM
- - Maajong   Hello Cosmin, I´m so sorry that I haven´t been ...   May 30 2012, 02:47 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Torsten, stay cool man of course you can count on...   May 30 2012, 09:59 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:18 PM