Slash Month
-Zion-
Feb 22 2011, 10:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello GMC

Well, the month of february is nearly to its end, which probably means that the month of Slash is about to end.

Anyways, I just had a few things to say about Slash month here:
First of, I must say that this is an AWESOME initiative, and I am very much looking forward to more of these. This one was specially nice, because I really enjoy the works of Slash, and I must give my kudos Lucio, who has done an amazing job as Slash. Just amazing.
I am sure to be doing these lessons really soon when I am done with the ones I am currently doing.

Furthermore, I'd like to extend the above to include Walter. I really enjoyed and learned a great deal by his analysis, so a big kudos to him as well. It seems I get a lot more out of a lesson when this sort of thing is included.

Now, I would like to propose that, if possible, instructors would do a kind of analysis of their lessons in the future. The thing is, more often that not, I tend to pick a lesson because it sounds good, it's a style I want to learn, or its a practice method on a skill I need to improve.

The thing is, I learn the lesson, and move on. Perhaps you can blame it on bad homework ethics, or something else, but I rarely go into extreme details with a lesson.

Well, I guess I am just looking for answers to the question: WHY?
Why is the instructor using that scale? why is that particular scale working on this particular chord progression?

Reading the above, I guess what I need is some of the theory behind lessons. I've been studying a lot of theory but it seems to be a neverending topic, where you read and read and read for a long time and you just dont get it, until one day you read a single line, and suddenly the past two months of reading just makes sense.

Perhaps we could create some sort of theory classes, where an instructor could say: This week we will learn about f.ex. the major scale. The instructor can create a lesson to go with this (with NO GUITAR), and perhaps point to andrews theory board as well. At the end of the week (or during), questions could be submitted, or even homework could be given. Sort of like the old MTP, but with theory.

Anyways, enough rambling.
Kudos once again to Lucio and Walter. Great lessons.. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:04 AM