> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Rokchik’s Fun Rocking, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2012, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Rok! This is your personal thread for the Gab's Army!

We have been friends here for a long time so I know you musical tastes. I would like to know what are your goals as a guitar player and musician. Also I would like to hear/see you playing some lessons to know what's your current level.

As I told you via PM, my first thoughts are to give assignments every week based on lessons from the archive (we already have lots of cool lessons so I don't think that I have to write special material fir the army). You should work on it (with my help) and post it at the REC. Also we will select one collab (or two) every month and you will record a solo for it, once again with my help regarding the scales and techniques for doing it.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... ph34r.gif )

Let's Rock! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 22 2012, 10:53 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Gabriel,

I'm so happy to be a part of your army!! This is a wonderful idea and I am really stoked to be taking part in it. We have been friends on here for a very long time so it's very cool to finally be working with you smile.gif

I have been playing guitar for 6 yrs or so now but my skill set does not reflect this. I definitely consider myself more of a rhythm player than a lead guitarist. I've focused more on my acoustic playing the last few years. As far as my goals go I'm not looking to be the next Jimmy Page or anything and I don't have any ambitions to be in a band. I'm quite content to be a living room guitarist and just play with my friends in the shed or at parties. I want to fine tune my playing for the most part. Tighten up my picking, improve my timing and maybe pick up some soloing skills a long the way. I don't have much experience with improvising, it's just something I never did and my theory is a little rusty smile.gif So be patient LOL!!

I'll try to get a video posted soon of me playing something. I am really excited... and a wee bit scared... to start this journey with you Gabriel. I know I'm going to learn A LOT!!!

rok

UPDATE: So I've hit a snag already... my iSight camera in my laptop seems to be broken and I can't find my video camera. Hopefully my boyfriend knows where it is or else I won't be able to record anything sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Feb 23 2012, 06:29 PM
Reason for edit: update

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2012, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Rok! Thanks for your introduction. It will be very important to have a video of your playing to know exactly what things we should work. I remember that you told me that you use to play my Muse Style Lesson. That lesson recorded would be a really good first step for us. Please record it and post it here.. then we can also add it to the REC program. Don't be scared about this... our project as well as the REC program has been created to help you to play better.

Regarding improvisation and soloing... have you ever learnt any scale? Which one? Every position?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 10 2012, 02:52 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 23 2012, 02:27 PM) *
Hi Rok! Thanks for your introduction. It will be very important to have a video of your playing to know exactly what things we should work. I remember that you told me that you use to play my Muse Style Lesson. That lesson recorded would be a really good first step for us. Please record it and post it here.. then we can also add it to the REC program. Don't be scared about this... our project as well as the REC program has been created to help you to play better.

Regarding improvisation and soloing... have you ever learnt any scale? Which one? Every position?

Hey Gabriel,

I'm sorry I haven't been around much... lots going on...

Anyways I still haven't been able to record but I might have something worked out with a friend of mine for this weekend so I hope I'll be able to get you something soon. I am so sorry for this sad.gif

With regards to scales I know my Am pentatonic pretty well and I've learned the major scale... my theory is a little rusty smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2012, 05:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Susan! Thanks for the update! OK, I will wait for that video! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:07 AM