Pod Hd500 Custom Tones
Azzaboi
Apr 27 2011, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
Pod HD500 Custom Tones

Anyone who owns the Pod HD500 have any tones they would like to share?

I have one on order, previously jammed on one and quite liked it, however most of the standard tones / effects I would like to replace when I get it. Are we able to use tones like 'Criminal Chorus' from the older series (metal model pack) or something similar to that?

I'm mostly after hi gain metal / rock / blues tones and band tones like Metallica, Slash, Paul Gilbert, etc. Cheers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
JamesT
Apr 27 2011, 03:05 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Sure here are several.
Of these, probably the only high gain ones are the Bogner Uberschal, Engl Fireball100, and Mesa Boogie DR. The "Park 75" is kind of a raspy Marshall kind of sound and is remotely similar to EVH's Panama tone. Each of these presets has the same footswitch configuration. I'm doing this with all of my presets so that when I hit a certain button, I know if I'm turning off the chorus, the reverb, the delay, etc. Distortions & compressors are on FS1, Chorus on FS2, Reverb on FS3, Delay on FS4. Volume pedal always controls overall level ranging from 60 to 100% of max, I've enabled the Wah pedal on most of these as well. Note that with all the effects on, the reverb & delay combines and sounds sometimes too thick. I sometimes use both, but usually opt for one or the other.

Not sure what mileage you'll get from these. I think presets often interact with the guitar and the player. Most of the ones here sound best with humbuckers except for the AC-30 model which works fantastic for cleans with a strat (single coils). Try backing off the volume knob on your guitar and it cleans up nice without loosing dynamics.

To audition just the amp models and no effects, just disable them all using FS1-4 as noted above. This will give you a good sampling of the models themselves. You can tweak them from there, add gain, scoop the mids, etc.

I do highly recommend that you install the "POD HD500 Edit" software on your PC. It is a great way to load, save and edit presets. ...way better than tweaking knobs on the front of the HD500.

I named each preset according to the selected amp model. Here's the list...
Bogner Uberschal
Divided JRT915
Dual Fender
Engl Fireball100
Fender Twin Rev
Marshall JCM800
Mesa Boogie DR
PARk 75
Vox AC-30 Top Boost.

[attachment=23338:HD500_Pr...s_JamesT.zip]

Oh, yeah, and I learned after getting my HD500 that the HD500 presets don't work with the X3 and vice-versa. The architecture of the two units is vastly different.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JamesT: Apr 27 2011, 03:08 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 27 2011, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
Awesome stuff! Really greatful for that, cheers JamesT.
Should come in handy once I get my new toy. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I'll also probably need to stay learning the wah wah pedal too - bit of fun smile.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Sep 29 2012, 01:44 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JamesT @ Apr 26 2011, 10:05 PM) *

I was not able to grab the zip file...do you have another site? I want to see how you are setting things up. I have had mine for about three weeks and am still tweaking things ALOT!

Thanks/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:33 PM