4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Endorsement, V-Picks
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2012, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 9 2012, 03:42 AM) *
Hello all! As of this morning, I have officially been endorsed by V-Picks! I have been using them for some time now, thanks to Todd, and I can honestly say that I love them. Below is a link to the site. I do talk about them often in our Saturday chats, so no, I am not spamming the rest of you. I am just elated that they would endorse someone like me laugh.gif
http://v-picks.com/
I got the idea to use it after Todd had a Switchblade Custom Buffed for his shredding awesomeness.
http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=214&page=picks

Mucho Congrats man! wink.gif I gotta say I love V-Picks. It' was really great of Vinnie @ V-Picks to customize a special "Shred" variant of the switchblade for me. It remains the fastest pick I've ever played.
Sounds like you prefer the Stilletto buffed which is also a killer pick!

Hopefully the first of many endorsments to come!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 9 2012, 04:49 AM) *
Congrats man! I got a deal with Steve Clayton thanks to Todd biggrin.gif

Happy to help smile.gif The more endorsement deals the better! smile.gif You guys deserve em!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 9 2012, 06:49 AM) *
Wow, thanks for the offer.. I've emailed the owners so I'll see what they advise smile.gif

I did find 1 UK store that stock some, but not Switchblade Buffed...

BEN! The SWITCHBLADE BUFFED remains my personal fav of course, ( I have a very heavy handed pick/mute style so I like the size/thickness) but you may dig a different one depending. Email Vinnie and tell him about yourself and what type of picks you like. He's a really cool guy and will set you up with some great stuff that is purpose built for your particular style of play. Gotta love those guys!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 10 2012, 12:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 10 2012, 12:45 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's great news! Congrats! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2012, 06:07 AM
Gonna try these next, anybody tried these yet? Just saw them. They look like the Trainer pick that I was talking about a litttle bit at the tip.

they are called THE ONYX PICK

Check out the point on this thing!

http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=180&page=picks

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 10 2012, 08:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 9 2012, 10:19 PM) *
I have yet to go through one Stiletto!

That's not the kind of sentence I expected to read on a guitar forum. That's the kind of thing me, Gitarrero & Mudbone hear backstage when we perfor our drag act ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 10 2012, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 10 2012, 05:07 AM) *
Gonna try these next, anybody tried these yet? Just saw them. They look like the Trainer pick that I was talking about a litttle bit at the tip.

they are called THE ONYX PICK

Check out the point on this thing!

http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=180&page=picks

Attached Image

I think I could never use such a pick biggrin.gif it just looks so...POINTY!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 10 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 10 2012, 07:53 AM) *

I feel the same.. it's like playing with a Dorito ! laugh.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 10 2012, 11:34 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 9 2012, 02:48 PM) *
Do you order them ? Do you have to pay any outrageous customs charges ?

I had an HD cam come from the States and I had to pay an extra £70 or something to get it delivered. Just wondered if they do the same thing with every single thing that comes from the US.

Ben I've not been hit by customs, they are sent in a small padded envelope so easy to be passed over, plus you won't be hitting the limit for a customs charge unless you buy loads.

I like the Small Pointed and Stiletto.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 11 2012, 12:12 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 10 2012, 07:08 AM) *
That's not the kind of sentence I expected to read on a guitar forum. That's the kind of thing me, Gitarrero & Mudbone hear backstage when we perfor our drag act ! laugh.gif

wink.gif It looks like you have found a new member to add to your band, then!

My prototype custom pick came in today. It is a Stiletto Buffed. I say prototype, because I am going to buy a new production plate and have my initials stamped on all of my pick orders, that way I will know if someone tries to steal them wink.gif

Here is the Stiletto compared to a new Dunlop 1.5MM Tortex

Look at how sharp that thing is!

This post has been edited by Nihilist1: Feb 11 2012, 12:20 AM

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 11 2012, 12:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
Congratulations on your endorsment. What does it entail, I can't see you on the artists list. Is it like a friendship deal? ^^
I'm not much a fan of the v-picks, but i'm sure getting some kind of discount is awesome, considering their price biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Feb 11 2012, 12:27 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 11 2012, 01:42 AM
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Feb 10 2012, 11:26 PM) *
Congratulations on your endorsment. What does it entail, I can't see you on the artists list. Is it like a friendship deal? ^^
I'm not much a fan of the v-picks, but i'm sure getting some kind of discount is awesome, considering their price biggrin.gif

I think it is more like a friendship deal. I am not big enough to be on the artists list. Especially when you consider that he has pepole like Carlos Santana and Billy Sheehan on there.

biggrin.gif

It is cool. 50% off all guitar picks is a great deal.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 15 2012, 10:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Customer loyalty deal!

I contacted Vinni to see if he wanted to come and post here and maybe offer a free sample like he has on other sites

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 15 2012, 10:29 AM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 15 2012, 09:04 AM) *
Customer loyalty deal!

I contacted Vinni to see if he wanted to come and post here and maybe offer a free sample like he has on other sites

Awesome! I actually have a photoshoot at Krank Amplifier HQ in Chandler, Arizona this weekend(thanks to that endorsement), so I may post those pictures in this thread as well. My bassist is getting his amplifier and I am going to test some. They want to help market our album when it is finished. That will be awesome.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Feb 17 2012, 01:58 AM
Congrats man!
I really love v-picks. I have played the small pointed picks a pretty long time.
But as I went into some recordings there where squeaky sounds coming out of my amp. I figured out that this was my picking hand itself. ohmy.gif I am holding the pick not in an 90 degree angle to the strings as it should be. (I try to solve this now for month biggrin.gif)
(But it is just not feeling that comfortable for me...yet... biggrin.gif ). Anyway - this causes more friction to the played string itself. And because the v-picks are made out of some kind of glass compound, they made too much noise.

So I am back with my Ultex Jazz 3 2.0. It is really a pity. If it wasn`t for my picking hand I would prefer V-Picks,
because they are indeed one of the best guitar/bass picks ever made. - In my opinion.

cheers,

S.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 10 2012, 08:53 AM) *

Yes ! same with me ! laugh.gif Even though I like pointed picks. But you could kill someone with this ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 17 2012, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (steve-rec-freak @ Feb 17 2012, 12:58 AM) *
I am holding the pick not in an 90 degree angle to the strings as it should be. (I try to solve this now for month biggrin.gif)
(But it is just not feeling that comfortable for me...yet... biggrin.gif )

That isn't a problem, people pick differently, with all sorts of angles. Do what's comfortable and gives a good sound!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Feb 17 2012, 02:48 AM
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 17 2012, 02:13 AM) *
That isn't a problem, people pick differently, with all sorts of angles. Do what's comfortable and gives a good sound!

Thanks for the advice,

I switch right hand technique pretty often, as I try to get as much tone as I can get.
I noticed that most people, especially if the play faster try to pick as efficient as possible. In regards to that I try
to improve my efficiency when picking fast.
But off course there are exceptions. When I see great guitarists like Marty Friedman or Steve Morse, which have a very strange pick holding technique, it gives you the point and underlines what you say.

Maybe I am overdoing it by thinking too much about it. biggrin.gif

cheers,

S.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 18 2012, 01:53 AM
QUOTE (steve-rec-freak @ Feb 17 2012, 01:48 AM) *
Thanks for the advice,

I switch right hand technique pretty often, as I try to get as much tone as I can get.
I noticed that most people, especially if the play faster try to pick as efficient as possible. In regards to that I try
to improve my efficiency when picking fast.
But off course there are exceptions. When I see great guitarists like Marty Friedman or Steve Morse, which have a very strange pick holding technique, it gives you the point and underlines what you say.

Maybe I am overdoing it by thinking too much about it. biggrin.gif

cheers,

S.

Yes. The Acrylic that V-Picks are made of do have a very distinct Pick Chirp. This page was designed to teach people how to eliminate that:

http://v-picks.com/tipsdetails.php?title=P...F%3F&page=1

I also recommend trying the Picks that Todd had custom made. If that is too large for you(it shouldn't be) then use the Stiletto Buffed like I do. They are so sharp that minimal contact is made(if you learn to pick with the tip. Research the Stylus Pick for that. There are a few threads here, that discuss it). I hardly get any chirp from my Stilettos. Maybe it is because I really only use the tip, and a very slight angle. Oddly enough, I stumbled onto that link a couple days ago. and it instructs people to pick a lot like I do.

Hope this helped!

-Brandon

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2012, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 10 2012, 04:09 AM) *
I feel the same.. it's like playing with a Dorito ! laugh.gif

If you are playing the Tortoise picks like BEN, with the rounded tip, this thing will seem ALIEN. smile.gif If you are playing pointy picks already, it's not that much of a stretch. But it does have that Dorito shape!

I got the Dorito pick in the mail! And yup, it's the pointiest pick I've ever had. Even more pointy than my Custom Unbuffed Vpick Switchblate! I'm going to give them a shot and record some bits with them as well.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
steve-rec-freak
Feb 18 2012, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 18 2012, 01:53 AM) *
Yes. The Acrylic that V-Picks are made of do have a very distinct Pick Chirp. This page was designed to teach people how to eliminate that:

http://v-picks.com/tipsdetails.php?title=P...F%3F&page=1

I also recommend trying the Picks that Todd had custom made. If that is too large for you(it shouldn't be) then use the Stiletto Buffed like I do. They are so sharp that minimal contact is made(if you learn to pick with the tip. Research the Stylus Pick for that. There are a few threads here, that discuss it). I hardly get any chirp from my Stilettos. Maybe it is because I really only use the tip, and a very slight angle. Oddly enough, I stumbled onto that link a couple days ago. and it instructs people to pick a lot like I do.

Hope this helped!

-Brandon

Thank you for that Brandon. The article was very nice to read and informative.
I think I will give it a try.

cheers,

S.

+Quote Post
derper
Mar 5 2012, 12:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
I hope this thread isn't too "old", to get a few responses back...

Love my v-picks. Tone is awesome. BUT, I tend to get sweaty on-stage and sometimes get the sweaty hands for virtually no reason. Sweaty hands = Slippery V picks.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

I went to a craft store and found several possible "options". I haven't tried any, but intend to try/consider trying the following options to modify a v-pick:

-Adhesive "fabric" tape. It may give just enough "fabric" to absorb minimal sweat. It's very thin as well.

-Sticky "dots". They are literally a sitcky little "dot" of clear plastic goo. Not my first choice, but it may work if nothing else does.

-Fuzzy/"velvet-y" stickers. Same thought as the fabric tape.

-Spray on material: I know they make cans of "spray on truck bedliner", which could provide some extra grip. But, it's probably not absorbing any sweat. If they made a spray on "tortex" material, that would be AWESOME!!

-Wax: I'm thinking about dipping one "Maker's Mark" style. Probably still not grippy when sweaty.

Any other ideas? I expect several "fails" before finding the right modification.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Mar 5 2012, 01:35 AM
QUOTE (derper @ Mar 4 2012, 11:01 PM) *
I hope this thread isn't too "old", to get a few responses back...

Love my v-picks. Tone is awesome. BUT, I tend to get sweaty on-stage and sometimes get the sweaty hands for virtually no reason. Sweaty hands = Slippery V picks.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

I went to a craft store and found several possible "options". I haven't tried any, but intend to try/consider trying the following options to modify a v-pick:

-Adhesive "fabric" tape. It may give just enough "fabric" to absorb minimal sweat. It's very thin as well.

-Sticky "dots". They are literally a sitcky little "dot" of clear plastic goo. Not my first choice, but it may work if nothing else does.

-Fuzzy/"velvet-y" stickers. Same thought as the fabric tape.

-Spray on material: I know they make cans of "spray on truck bedliner", which could provide some extra grip. But, it's probably not absorbing any sweat. If they made a spray on "tortex" material, that would be AWESOME!!

-Wax: I'm thinking about dipping one "Maker's Mark" style. Probably still not grippy when sweaty.

Any other ideas? I expect several "fails" before finding the right modification.

Try to find some way to relax and sweat less. I think the goo might work, but I do not sweat excessively when playing--unless it is summertime in California and I am in a hot garage.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:25 PM