Throat Singing/screaming
AudunESP
Jun 8 2008, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
Hi there!
I've started singing in october, with a unstable, maybe a little weak voice.
Now my voice is much more stable, its way stronger, and i get compliments when i sing:)
Today i get a nice clean sound, and i might somehow in some cases to get a little of the "throaty" voice. But this is not often, and in just SOME cases.
When i try to scream it sounds Not cool, and i hurt my voice in no time, and i nearly can't get a throaty voice without making it sound naturally. and neither of it sounds verry balanced.
Do you know any excersises to make my throat voice and eventualy screaming easier to get, stronger and more balanced, without hurting my throat?
thanx for any response!
-audun

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 8 2008, 02:38 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (AudunESP @ Jun 8 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Hi there!
I've started singing in october, with a unstable, maybe a little weak voice.
Now my voice is much more stable, its way stronger, and i get compliments when i sing:)
Today i get a nice clean sound, and i might somehow in some cases to get a little of the "throaty" voice. But this is not often, and in just SOME cases.
When i try to scream it sounds Not cool, and i hurt my voice in no time, and i nearly can't get a throaty voice without making it sound naturally. and neither of it sounds verry balanced.
Do you know any excersises to make my throat voice and eventualy screaming easier to get, stronger and more balanced, without hurting my throat?
thanx for any response!
-audun

What band are you in Audun? I'm just curious, you being from where I live and all smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jun 8 2008, 10:59 AM
GMC:er
Im not in a band ATM. I haven't got into the local music (miljø?) in stavanger.
Well its not that bad, since im 16, but i really need to get myself out there wink.gif
i could relly need a band though laugh.gif

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Jun 8 2008, 11:00 AM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 11 2008, 09:23 PM
Singing Instructor
Well Scream is very bad for the voice if you do not do it right,because that is actually bad thing to do.BUT,the technique is based on your own discovery of that position of your vocal cords,so,my advice is that you try to find that technique with vry low voice power,sing quietly in other words,and if you cant find it,and your voice suffers,my advice is to stop,so you would not damage your voice permanently .smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:34 AM