4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Guitar Master Competition Upload, UPLOAD THREAD!!!
Marc_Maiden
Jul 20 2009, 07:11 PM
GMC:er
i just realized that the last part of my song got out of sync just a tiny tiny bit almost uunoticeable but im going to fix it and re upload it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jul 21 2009, 02:20 AM
ok back in action wink.gif

Here is my Entry:

Title: He Took My Car

About the song: the song is actually about a thing that happened to a friend and I in the Xbox game Halo 3. We all piled in a warthog and we started driving away. we heard the following "HHEEEEE TOOOOKKKK MMMAAAHHHH CCCEERRRRRRRR" in a redneck angry voice....it was soo halarious....i decided to write a song about what he must have been going through.

Part 1: spawning, seeing the car, running the car, dodging bullets and rockets ETC to get to the car.

Part 2: He notices that me and my friend want the car, so we both start racing for it...emotional thunder and rain pour down

Part 3: ANNGRRYYYYY

Part 4: My friend and i driving around in circles around him killing other players with the car (you hear the halo medals)

Part 5: Being on hold, metaphore for waiting for the car to spawn again

part 6 (conclusion): reuniting with the car.

--------------------------------

The gear:

Amp: Blackstar Ht-5 Full Stack

Guitar: USA Made Peavey Axcelerator AX with a Duncan JB in the bridge and 2 rails in the neck (only bridge pick up used in this song)

Mic: Shure SM58 into an M audio Pre amp into a toneport GX into Repear

Mic placement: For Rythm: used the top half speaker cab to help take out some of the bottom, had it right in the middle about a few inches away

For lead: A little outside the cone, fewer inches away than the rhythm

-----------------------------------------

Soundclips:

the halo ones were recorded in game

the thunder was downloaded from a free sound effects web site from the original poster

Voice overs: yours truly

THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  He_Took_My_Car.mp3 ( 4.09MB ) Number of downloads: 358

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 21 2009, 12:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jul 21 2009, 02:20 AM) *

Here is my Entry:

About the song: the song is actually about a thing that happened to a friend and I in the Xbox game Halo 3. We all piled in a warthog and we started driving away. we heard the following "HHEEEEE TOOOOKKKK MMMAAAHHHH CCCEERRRRRRRR" in a redneck angry voice....it was soo halarious....i decided to write a song about what he must have been going through.

Part 1: spawning, seeing the car, running the car, dodging bullets and rockets ETC to get to the car.

Part 2: He notices that me and my friend want the car, so we both start racing for it...emotional thunder and rain pour down

Part 4: My friend and i driving around in circles around him killing other players with the car (you hear the halo medals)

The gear:

Guitar: USA Made Peavey Axcelerator AX with a Duncan JB in the bridge and 2 rails in the neck (only bridge pick up used in this song)

Mic placement: For Rythm: used the top half speaker cab to help take out some of the bottom, had it right in the middle about a few inches away

Soundclips:

the thunder was downloaded from a free sound effects web site from the original poster

THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Hey Marc, so are you going to make a video ? Would sounds pretty awesome if you had a screen split or something so two Marcs can be playing at once (rhythm / lead)... Or maybe triple split, where you can dance holding a rifle ! tongue.gif Never mind... A video would be cool though ! smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 24 2009, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jul 21 2009, 02:20 AM) *

Here is my Entry:

The gear:

Soundclips:

THANKS FOR LISTENING!

That was killer bro smile.gif

The humor too it was great too smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jul 24 2009, 03:29 AM
thanks smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Jul 24 2009, 11:33 AM
Instructor
Great job! The rhythm are very interesting and varied! How much time was to record it?

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 25 2009, 08:19 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
i finally managed to finish the recording of my song!!
this is a song that i wrote for this competition, since its my first composition.
I did my best to make it sound good, and put quite a lot of efforts into the guitar parts, but its really hard to make a line 6 sound like a mesa or a soldano lol. wink.gif
its also the first time i made a drum line, used MIDI lines for bass and VSTs, and recorded and mixed a full song, so i don't have much experience on those kind of things! laugh.gif
so i really hope you will take from your time to listen to it, and that you like it smile.gif

gears used:
BASS:MIDI bass line through 4front bass VSTI, with some eq-ing
Drums: Acoustica beatcraft
Guitar, rythm: Ibanez RG321 through Toneport GX through Gearbox, with a reverb vst and eq-ing
Guitar, lead : Ibanez S320 through toneport GX through gearbox, with reverb VST and eq-ing

I used reaper for all of the mixing stuff.

i may do a video sometime before the deadline too smile.gif

Thanks a lot for listening biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Song_idea_Final_mix.mp3 ( 3.94MB ) Number of downloads: 270

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jul 26 2009, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (Laszlo Boross @ Jul 24 2009, 03:33 AM) *
Great job! The rhythm are very interesting and varied! How much time was to record it?

It took me 2 whole days, because i was trying to get the mic placement right, and also the tone for the rhythm right. It was a challenge because to my ear, a tone sounded right, but through the microphone it was different so i had to keep playing trail and error. I also began to realize that there is something wrong with my toneport, because i am starting to get a tiny bit of lag when i record, which was making some parts sound a little out of temp, so i tried to compensate as best i could for that.

over all i am happy with the results, however each time i do better or push myself, it is as if i am setting up a new standard for myself, and now i have to do even better wink.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 26 2009, 07:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Here's my song:

Title: Riding In The Sky
Author: Max Warnby

This is the first song that I've composed completely by myself. When I composed this song I was influenced by video game music from games such as Sonic and Megaman and others. Enjoy! smile.gif

[attachment=16873:Riding_In_The_Sky.mp3]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 26 2009, 10:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry, i placed it wrong in the first upload...
Anyway, here is my contribution.
I managed to do the final touch... video is supposed to be added in a few days. This is a kind of blues song with a bridge. Text and recording notes below:

Demons in Tango

I got lost in a middle of a dream
There were so many confusions
Not as easy as it seems
And the Demons dancing tango, to a morbid kind of theme

I was in shock, while lying, shivering flat out
I could feel my heart beating, I paniced, no doubth
And the demons dancing tango, they made me wanna shout!

Anger, betrayal and sorrow
It was so long ago
You better learn to crawl
Before You can go

I was redeemed, by the power of my soul
Since I'm still beeing here around
I'll guess I played my role
and the the demons dancing tango, round the gravediggers hole

It was so long ago
Before You can go

Cause now I'm free, I found my destiny for sure
All the rage and the pain, dont exist here anymore
but still the demons dancin tango, at anyone else's door

Guitar recorded with 2 SM 57 with Marshall 2203
Guitar used Ibanez semi-acoustic
All instruments played "live" except the drums (Superior Drums)
Organ, NI Hammond B4
Choir by Ilona (sampled Oooh, Aaahs)
Bass by Mr. S
Recorded in Cubase with TC Electronics Konnekt 48 & Powercore

I think that was it, otherwise, just ask me... :-)

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
facjata
Jul 26 2009, 10:42 PM
so, i've done something too. it's my first song i wish, you like it smile.gif

Attached File  song_1.mp3 ( 3.6MB ) Number of downloads: 250

P.S. sorry, that it's so quiet, but for me, it's impossible to make it louder sad.gif maybe the next time tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 26 2009, 10:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (facjata @ Jul 26 2009, 11:42 PM) *
so, i've done something too. it's my first song i wish, you like it smile.gif

Attached File  song_1.mp3 ( 3.6MB ) Number of downloads: 250

P.S. sorry, that it's so quiet, but for me, it's impossible to make it louder sad.gif maybe the next time tongue.gif

Its not so quit here... but the recording should benefit by a mastering plug with some eq and compression to get it near 0 db. For instance T-Racks T3 or something equivivalent out there. Btw. the intro riff reminds me of early Sabbath! :-)

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
facjata
Jul 26 2009, 10:55 PM
oh, i know i doesn't sound pro, thanks for help, i will try with next compositions smile.gif
if it reminds something as huge as Sabbath, it's a big compliment, thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 26 2009, 11:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (facjata @ Jul 26 2009, 11:55 PM) *
oh, i know i doesn't sound pro, thanks for help, i will try with next compositions smile.gif
if it reminds something as huge as Sabbath, it's a big compliment, thanks smile.gif

I made some quick edit at your song, if you dont mind, just to show you what I mean.
You can get it here

If you wanna use it, pleas do so... :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 26 2009, 11:11 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (facjata @ Jul 26 2009, 11:55 PM) *

It reminds me of a mixture between early Sabbath and early Soundgarden! smile.gif
Great riffs man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
facjata
Jul 26 2009, 11:22 PM
thanks very much Staffy, but i think it's not fair, you help me, and no other man in the competition. so i will stay with 100% mine work smile.gif
thanks Audiopaal, it's really nice to hear, that you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 26 2009, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
No problems! Keep on rocking !!!

QUOTE (facjata @ Jul 27 2009, 12:22 AM) *
thanks very much Staffy, but i think it's not fair, you help me, and no other man in the competition. so i will stay with 100% mine work smile.gif
thanks Audiopaal, it's really nice to hear, that you like it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 27 2009, 12:26 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jul 26 2009, 05:28 PM) *
Sorry, i placed it wrong in the first upload...
Anyway, here is my contribution.
I managed to do the final touch... video is supposed to be added in a few days. This is a kind of blues song with a bridge. Text and recording notes below:

Demons in Tango

I got lost in a middle of a dream
There were so many confusions
Not as easy as it seems
And the Demons dancing tango, to a morbid kind of theme

I was in shock, while lying, shivering flat out
I could feel my heart beating, I paniced, no doubth
And the demons dancing tango, they made me wanna shout!

It was so long ago
Before You can go

I was redeemed, by the power of my soul
Since I'm still beeing here around
I'll guess I played my role
and the the demons dancing tango, round the gravediggers hole

It was so long ago
Before You can go

Cause now I'm free, I found my destiny for sure
All the rage and the pain, dont exist here anymore
but still the demons dancin tango, at anyone else's door

Guitar recorded with 2 SM 57 with Marshall 2203
Guitar used Ibanez semi-acoustic
All instruments played "live" except the drums (Superior Drums)
Organ, NI Hammond B4
Choir by Ilona (sampled Oooh, Aaahs)
Bass by Mr. S
Recorded in Cubase with TC Electronics Konnekt 48 & Powercore

I think that was it, otherwise, just ask me... :-)

wow that was really cool! im not much into blues but this was great! and the mix is really well done too!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 27 2009, 08:53 PM
Hi guys,

Here is my entry, better late than never right? hope im not too late though rolleyes.gif

Attached File  Basomania.mp3 ( 6.02MB ) Number of downloads: 172

This post has been edited by Siggum: Jul 28 2009, 08:45 AM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 28 2009, 04:55 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The competition is now closed!
The voting thread will be made tomorrow, with all the voting options!

Thanks for your participation
smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:15 PM