Recording Help, Reaper / Amplitube problem
bleez
Mar 8 2012, 02:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I watched Ivans video and downloaded the three pieces of software he recommended. Im using Windows 7.

Here are the basic steps Ive done -
1. Using a stereo jack which Ive used to plug my guitar into the Mic socket on the PC.
2. I can hear the clean guitar sound in the left speaker, although its a bit quiet. I think the next step was to mute this, which I have done.
3. I open up reaper, insert a backing track which plays fine.
4. I add a second track and use the 'FX' button to add Amplitube'. The Amplitube screen pops up as expected.

Here is the problem..... I dont get any sound from my guitar. In the video Ivan had his guitar sound at this point and could use amplitube to add effects. I have silence!

I have un-muted the Mic ( which was muted in step 2 ) and I get the same clean guitar ( quiet ) sound in the left speaker but Amplitube does not add any effects to it.

when I strum the guitar I can see the meter move on the track in reaper but there is no movement on any meters in Amplitube.

Im missing 'something' but have ran out of ideas. Does anyone have some thoughts on where Im going wrong?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:27 PM