4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Has The World Come To An End?, This is horrible music
sted
May 5 2009, 06:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
thats pretty bad, but ive heard worse at No.1!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jdriver
May 6 2009, 04:45 AM
GMC:er
It just confirms what I've suspected all along... I can't possibly be native to this planet. Hopefully the Mothership will someday return for me. sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 6 2009, 09:28 AM
Come on guys, you are getting old. It's how things evolve. I hear worse on mainstream radio every day. tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 6 2009, 12:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (blindwillie @ May 6 2009, 09:28 AM) *
Come on guys, you are getting old. It's how things evolve. I hear worse on mainstream radio every day. tongue.gif

You're probably right but I'm happy to progress towards senility if this is what's considered hip modern music. Now, where did I but my tartan slippers and paisley dressing gown?

This post has been edited by Artemus: May 6 2009, 12:03 PM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
berko
May 6 2009, 12:15 PM
I'm not telling this ISN'T music. Sure, if it's been viewed so many times and they even managed to put it together in a studio, it has to have some good effect on at least some people.

Personally I'm not a metal-head, I frequently lesson to all kinds of cross-over genres, I like electronic music (from trance to house), I like many rappers and so forth. I even listen to some mainstream pop because I know that most of the times it's not the singer/artist who writes the songs but some professional songwriter behind a desk with a synth and an acoustic.

But this is still ridiculous. I'm not commending music, but the abuse of music. I'm not the fan of crap music during parties after 2 am. A proper dj can still set up a playlist with some great, powerful music to entertain people - fast, melodic, straightforward dance music.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 6 2009, 09:34 PM
Hahahahahhaha, omg I can't believe how much that sucked.
And it had like 9k ratings- UNBELIEVABLE!!!

+Quote Post
steve25
May 8 2009, 01:33 PM
Rofl....

+Quote Post
AdamB
May 8 2009, 04:06 PM
Bring back the mighty shred, thats what I think. People have gotten lazy and don't want to spend time getting good at their instruments so they resort to playing music that sounds like it's from a childrens TV program (the feeling spring to mind...).

-Adam

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 8 2009, 05:37 PM

I am scared!!! Very scared!!!!
What comes next??????

OK, I'm off to get 'Crunked'!!!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 8 2009, 05:42 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 8 2009, 07:37 PM) *

I am scared!!! Very scared!!!!
What comes next??????

OK, I'm off to get 'Crunked'!!!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You said you have only one or two gif`s. Lies! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 8 2009, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 8 2009, 05:42 PM) *
You said you have only one or two gif`s. Lies! laugh.gif

OK, you got me!!!!! One or two THOUSAND!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 8 2009, 06:39 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 8 2009, 08:19 PM) *
OK, you got me!!!!! One or two THOUSAND!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LMAO laugh.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 8 2009, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (AdamB @ May 8 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Bring back the mighty shred, thats what I think. People have gotten lazy and don't want to spend time getting good at their instruments so they resort to playing music that sounds like it's from a childrens TV program (the feeling spring to mind...).

-Adam

Yeah, because shredding = absolute talent of music that is end all of all musical abilities. happy.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 8 2009, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ May 8 2009, 09:57 PM) *
Yeah, because shredding = absolute talent of music that is end all of all musical abilities. happy.gif

Disagree wink.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 8 2009, 08:34 PM
sorry, I just find that statement of shredding to be a complete joke and close-minded, but I guess that's just me laugh.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
jafomatic
May 8 2009, 09:37 PM
Electronic music doesn't have to be bad. This particular example is being made worse by the poor quality (or total lack) of mastering and sound engineering.

It may very well be that the convergence of screaming white hip-hop and electronic rave music could still work (for some folks) but that this particular foray into the genre is just badly produced?

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Koopid
May 8 2009, 09:42 PM
Learning Roadie
I seriously don't see anything about this that is worse than death metal... Infact in my ears the "singing" sound very similar to me. The music is much better in death metal but that is just taste.. The singing is equally suck smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 8 2009, 10:45 PM
QUOTE (Koopid @ May 8 2009, 04:42 PM) *
I seriously don't see anything about this that is worse than death metal... Infact in my ears the "singing" sound very similar to me. The music is much better in death metal but that is just taste.. The singing is equally suck smile.gif

Death metal vocalists dont "suck", just because you dont like it, doesent mean its bad. it takes alot of skill and practice to do what death metal vocalists do,and for that, they deserve respect. im so sick of threads on this forum saying "so and so sucks!", its a waste of time and not very respectful.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: May 8 2009, 10:46 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 8 2009, 10:50 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ May 8 2009, 11:45 PM) *
Death metal vocalists dont "suck", just because you dont like it, doesent mean its bad. it takes alot of skill and practice to do what death metal vocalists do,and for that, they deserve respect. im so sick of threads on this forum saying "so and so sucks!", its a waste of time and not very respectful.

+1
Lots of cool growlers, though I prefer a good clean singer.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
May 8 2009, 11:38 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ May 8 2009, 02:45 PM) *

i never cared fir death metal or growlers but you gotta respect!

anways back to the topic:

Is this what I have to do to get ahead these days?

EDIT: Language/skennington

This post has been edited by skennington: May 8 2009, 11:55 PM

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:59 PM