2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Other Talents, Skills Vol. 2
Ben Higgins
Aug 17 2011, 06:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 17 2011, 06:09 PM) *
I'm no too skilled! but I enjoy what I do when I am cooking... sometimes I can do really tasty meals.. smile.gif

Would that include an Asado ? If so, I'm on the first flight to Argentina !! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 17 2011, 10:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 17 2011, 05:09 PM) *
I'm no too skilled! but I enjoy what I do when I am cooking... sometimes I can do really tasty meals.. smile.gif

Gabe, cooking is a VERY important skill biggrin.gif I like hanging around my mom sometimes in the kitchen (she's an awesome cook) as i'd like to catch up with some stuff, in order to be able to impress the ladies biggrin.gif but since I never have the time to experiment... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 18 2011, 12:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 17 2011, 10:23 AM) *
Yeah, a GMC tournament of classic fighting games !! biggrin.gif

What characters did people use ? Streetfighter: usually Ken or Sagat
Mortal Kombat: Johnny Cage or Liu Kang

I second the ass-kicking session! for SF, I like Guile and Feilong

for Mortal Kombat Sub zero, Kabal!

I'd love to kick your guys asses with them tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 18 2011, 01:50 AM
Instructor
comeon should be way to do it!

street fighter: ryu
MK: liu kan

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 18 2011, 04:31 AM
GMC:er
I somehow almost forgot, in addition to music, I do Visual FX/Motion Graphics as well. I"ve been a freelancer for quite a while.
I worked at a place here in Atlanta called Turner Studios (on the Turner/Cnn/Cartoon Network Campus in Atlanta) for a while
and it was big fun smile.gif Here is my demo reel with some shots from various projects. A few are old cartoon network spots.

And here is a shot I completed for an installation project that will be permanently installed at the Atlanta Airport.

http://www.vimeo.com/1558095

It's sort of an old Black and White post card that comes to life. smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 18 2011, 05:48 AM

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 18 2011, 06:45 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I guess I'm pretty good at writing software if that counts. I got into it in the beginning cause I had good math skills in school. So I went to college and got a degree in electrical engineering. From there I worked for a few years designing electronic circuit boards and then moved into software cause at the time (and it still is) it was becoming a much larger industry with high demand for talented programmers who also knew a thing or two about computer and digital hardware.

That and I'm also into woodworking. I built a bunch of stuff over the years including an entertainment center, a big display case for my wife, (not to display my wife in mind you biggrin.gif but for her to put stuff in and display it), several guitar display cases, oh, and I used to build speaker cabinets. I still have a pair of 15" side fill monitors I made that we used in my band for a while during rehearsals. They make kick ass home stereo speakers. Also, I built a redwood deck in the back of my house and a very sophistocated tool shed at the side yard that both turned out great.

I'm also into golf, but not very talented. tongue.gif I score in the low 80s sometimes which might be pretty ok for a weekend golfer, but not really even great for an amateur. It's fun, but I had better not quit my day job just yet. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2011, 06:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 17 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Would that include an Asado ? If so, I'm on the first flight to Argentina !! biggrin.gif

yeah man! Asado included! Let me know when you are coming and we will receive you with a tasty Asado! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2011, 09:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 18 2011, 06:45 PM) *
yeah man! Asado included! Let me know when you are coming and we will receive you with a tasty Asado! smile.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Booking flights now !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif (I wish)

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 20 2011, 02:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
Not sure about skill or talent, but here is a result of my rock'n'roll hobby:
Attached Image
Well, with a slightly different shade, this could have looked more dangerous than it really is. It was this guy who did it:
Attached Image
He obviously ate berries.. Here's another guy:
Attached Image
And a couple of other guys or gals:
Attached Image
Attached Image

H4H

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 20 2011, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 20 2011, 02:19 PM) *
Not sure about skill or talent, but here is a result of my rock'n'roll hobby:
Attached Image
Well, with a slightly different shade, this could have looked more dangerous than it really is. It was this guy who did it:
Attached Image
He obviously ate berries.. Here's another guy:
Attached Image
And a couple of other guys or gals:
Attached Image
Attached Image

H4H

That's awesome.. birds are cool ! cool.gif I always put food out for the birds up our field where the horses live. As I see it 'I take my role very seriously !' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 20 2011, 02:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 20 2011, 01:42 PM) *
That's awesome.. birds are cool ! cool.gif I always put food out for the birds up our field where the horses live. As I see it 'I take my role very seriously !' biggrin.gif

And you feed the mallards with such joy! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 20 2011, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 20 2011, 02:54 PM) *
And you feed the mallards with such joy! cool.gif

Yes, the ducks are the thing that hold the world together. They are the masters of all they survey biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 20 2011, 11:18 PM
Instructor
Any Poker player ? Join me on Zynga , I'll show you what kind of skill I have wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2011, 08:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 18 2011, 05:04 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Booking flights now !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif (I wish)

laugh.gif laugh.gif great!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 21 2011, 06:18 PM
Instructor
Gabe, question - does Cirse have a big fan base in Europe?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2011, 07:10 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif great!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2011, 04:05 AM
I recently worked on a "spec" Commercial for NIKE doing digital FX

(Digital FX is one of my Fav Hobbies! I'm an AFTER EFFECTS and APPLE MOTION guy)

And here is the result smile.gif The shots were farmed out lots of folks. I did the shots where they fly on water and she knocks him down. It was all shot GREEN SCREEN.

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Nov 12 2011, 09:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 20 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Yes, the ducks are the thing that hold the world together. They are the masters of all they survey biggrin.gif

Right words about the ducks, Ben! Type my last name "Kaczor" in google translator (polish - english) smile.gif

This post has been edited by Piotr Kaczor: Nov 12 2011, 09:13 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 12 2011, 09:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2011, 03:05 AM) *

(Digital FX is one of my Fav Hobbies! I'm an AFTER EFFECTS and APPLE MOTION guy)

And here is the result smile.gif The shots were farmed out lots of folks. I did the shots where they fly on water and she knocks him down. It was all shot GREEN SCREEN.

Wow! Todd biggrin.gif you sure know your stuff man! This looks AMAZING!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 12 2011, 10:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2011, 03:05 AM) *

Todd, nice one !! cool.gif

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Nov 12 2011, 08:12 AM) *
Right words about the ducks, Ben! Type my last name "Kaczor" in google translator (polish - english) smile.gif

Drake - male duck ! Excellent !!! \m/ cool.gif

Drake is also a well known English name and the surname of the singer in my first band smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 12 2011, 11:15 PM
I missed this thread! I trained as a Chef so am fairly good in a Kitchen, I also qualified as an Engineer so can make pretty much anything out of Metal!! I build Bikes and Guitars. Ireally enjoy doing some of my Guitar Tech work for people, especially when they bring me an old 'plank' and I turn it back into a playable Instrument for them!! I also used to do a lot of Art when I was at school, I always thought that Art and Music were closely linked!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 AM