7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Guitar Bushido - Mentoring Course !, with Sensei Ben..
Ben Higgins
Feb 13 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Feb 13 2012, 04:27 PM) *
I see I am also quite a bit late to the party also tongue.gif

But I would be honoured to enter the gates of your divine temple, Master Higgins..

I'll let you be the judge of my playing.. I have no idea! laugh.gif https://www.youtube.com/user/FrontlineGuitar

Welcome to the Temple, Max ph34r.gif

Well I'd say you're straddling the Intermediate / Advanced region. You've got great melodic feel with great pick dynamics and bending. I'm not sure where your technical ability is so you'll have to just go with what you think is a good test for you each time.

Both the Intermediate and Advanced Task this week aare both based around Pentatonic alternate picking. I recommend taking a look at Intermediate Task 3 smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42939

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 24 2012, 07:24 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm going to respectifully bow out of your mentoring course Ben. I think the Skype lessons with you once a month will give me the feedback I need for my lead chops. The pressure of getting the weekly pieces to a place I am happy with is just to great!! ha ha

I will be joining Gab's Army to get my punky Rhythm chops and composition in place.

Thanks for last night you were very gentle wink.gif

How was it Inside Men?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 24 2012, 08:16 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Damn People are defecting Ben. We need to strengthen our army. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif JK! wink.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 24 2012, 06:24 AM) *
I'm going to respectifully bow out of your mentoring course Ben. I think the Skype lessons with you once a month will give me the feedback I need for my lead chops. The pressure of getting the weekly pieces to a place I am happy with is just to great!! ha ha

I will be joining Gab's Army to get my punky Rhythm chops and composition in place.

How was it Inside Men?

Ok man no worries, you know what you need and you're the boss when it comes to your own guitar playing smile.gif

Gab's course will be great !

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 24 2012, 06:24 AM) *

How was it Inside Men?

I'm very worried about how those 2 sentences look together !

I think I should explain that 'Inside Men' was a tv programme about a robbery that was done with the help of men 'on the inside', in other words men that worked at the place that was being robbed. Not a programme about literally going inside men.

Just thought I'd clear that up before rumours started ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 24 2012, 07:16 AM) *
Damn People are defecting Ben. We need to strengthen our army. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif JK! wink.gif

It's ok... we'll hit them behind there own lines when the time is right. They believe that we've got a Peace Treaty so they won't be expecting it !

I'll be sending my best men.. men that are loyal to The Temple ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 24 2012, 10:24 AM

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 24 2012, 10:37 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
laugh.gif Too late - while I was reading these two sentences I just throw myself back laughing..
I remembered all those posts about jeans, underpants and other strange things a while ago here in the forum..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 24 2012, 07:24 AM) *

How was it Inside Men?

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 24 2012, 10:25 AM) *
Ok man no worries, you know what you need and you're the boss when it comes to your own guitar playing smile.gif

Gab's course will be great !

I'm very worried about how those 2 sentences look together !

I think I should explain that 'Inside Men' was a tv programme about a robbery that was done with the help of men 'on the inside', in other words men that worked at the place that was being robbed. Not a programme about literally going inside men.

Just thought I'd clear that up before rumours started ! laugh.gif

It's ok... we'll hit them behind there own lines when the time is right. They believe that we've got a Peace Treaty so they won't be expecting it !

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 24 2012, 01:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 24 2012, 09:25 AM) *

You can call them 'The Higgins Temple Clause'!!!
Or better yet....
"The Higgins Temple Claws"!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

*This will only be funny to those ho know of a band called the Cooper Temple Cause*

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 02:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 24 2012, 12:09 PM) *
You can call them 'The Higgins Temple Clause'!!!
Or better yet....
"The Higgins Temple Claws"!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

*This will only be funny to those ho know of a band called the Cooper Temple Cause*

Yeah I think they definitely need a cool name if they're going to be a Special Ops Elite Force... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 24 2012, 02:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Your Special Op Elite Force should be called "The Bennykins". It is such a frightening name! Since you know I am only loyal to the temple I am sure I'll be a part of it...won't I?

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 03:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 24 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Since you know I am only loyal to the temple

I think that could be open to dispute Herr Hefner ! wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 24 2012, 03:07 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Never doubt the Hef!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 03:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 24 2012, 02:07 PM) *
Never doubt the Hef!

You should make that into a T shirt ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 24 2012, 04:12 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha! I'm kinda tempted to do it...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 04:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 24 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Haha! I'm kinda tempted to do it...

I think the writing has to be pink ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
tjneal55
Mar 4 2012, 11:45 PM
I'm in as a beginner! I'll post something as soon as I figure out how. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 5 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tjneal55 @ Mar 4 2012, 10:45 PM) *
I'm in as a beginner! I'll post something as soon as I figure out how. biggrin.gif

Excellent - welcome the The Temple !

For posting videos, you can upload to Youtube and then embed the youtube code in here.

For uploading just audio, you can hit the 'Add reply' button at the bottom right corner of the forum and you'll have the option to 'browse' and 'upload' files. Mp3's are best if you can because they're smaller but people upload wavs too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nodean
Mar 9 2012, 06:06 PM
Hello Ben,

I'm new to the site and a relative beginner but I'm in.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 9 2012, 06:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nodean @ Mar 9 2012, 05:06 PM) *
Hello Ben,

I'm new to the site and a relative beginner but I'm in.

Excellent, welcome aboard ! smile.gif

Here's the latest Tasks that were put up yesterday but you can start with any previous one if you like, that's what some guys are also doing cool.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43376

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43377

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43378

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 11 2012, 11:20 AM
Instructor
Good morning Disiciples !

I thought I'd post the latest Advanced Task here in case anybody missed it ! The Beginner and Intermediate groups are on Task 7 but the Advanced Group are on Task 6, which may have caused some confusion ! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43378

I hope everybody is still benefitting from the cruel, physical regime in this icy lair as I have much more for you yet...... ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Desaiha
Mar 11 2012, 02:41 PM
This sounds interesting, even thought I've been lacking time lately to practice other things than the songs we're recording with my band, I'd like to make it work!

I have no idea if I should sign up for Intermediate or Advanced, though. It depends on how advanced advanced actually is! biggrin.gif

But please
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7-bReQW8w
and listen to: http://www.facebook.com/desaihamusic
And be the Judge!

This post has been edited by Marcus Desaiha: Mar 11 2012, 02:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 11 2012, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Desaiha @ Mar 11 2012, 01:41 PM) *
This sounds interesting, even thought I've been lacking time lately to practice other things than the songs we're recording with my band, I'd like to make it work!

I have no idea if I should sign up for Intermediate or Advanced, though. It depends on how advanced advanced actually is! biggrin.gif

But please
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU7-bReQW8w
and listen to: http://www.facebook.com/desaihamusic
And be the Judge!

Come and join The Temple, Marcus !

I would suggest you participate in the Advanced Group ! Advanced Task 6 is now available.... cool.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:37 PM