Hey Everyone!
Rieflin
Jan 17 2011, 03:03 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone!
I picked up my first guitar about 6 years ago, before I had any clue that there was music beyond the mainstream that absolutely kicks its ass. I never grew up in a place where music was important, so I gave up pursuing guitar pretty quickly. It wasn't until I came to college that I was lucky enough to be introduced to some great bands, and instantly I was hooked. Their meaning and level of complexity was so far beyond anything I ever heard before that I needed to know more. I started to spend all of my money on new and different albums, and pretty soon I decided to pick up the guitar again.
That was roughly 2 years ago and sadly I'm still in the same spot I was before. I never advanced beyond open chords because I consistently put great musicians on a pedestal that I thought I could never reach. In reality, it's mainly just ambition and determination that separates them from the average person. They put in the hours while I didn't, and it's a lot easier to make excuses than to do the actual work.
That's why I'm here. Music is far too important to me to not be able to create it myself, and after stumbling across this site I realized that I finally found something that works perfectly into helping me achieve my goals. Thanks for creating an awesome website and community, and I'm pumped to get to know some of you.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rieflin: May 18 2011, 03:58 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jan 17 2011, 03:19 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It's a good spot to hang and learn, man. Welcome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 17 2011, 03:27 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC biggrin.gif Just one tip that will spare you endless frustration: Always play everything absolutely correct, no matter how slow you have to do it.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 17 2011, 07:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC man.I hope you will enjoy your time here smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 17 2011, 08:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome, Rieflin. You have come to the right place!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 17 2011, 01:38 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hello Derek, enjoy! cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jan 17 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site! smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 17 2011, 05:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome to the site! I have enjoyed my time here, and I'm sure you will too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 17 2011, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Derek !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2011, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC Derek smile.gif You have found Shangrila for guitar players. Congrats smile.gif I'm a video chat instructor here and I'd like to invite you to our Saturday Video Chat Lesson every week at 5pm EST. We always have a great time.

You are going to love here it here, honestly. I've never enjoyed a guitar site more than GMC. The community, the faculty, it's just a killer place to be if you are at all interested in music. Welcome smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 17 2011, 07:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to have you here with us Derek!

Remember to use forum as much as you can - its a great resource! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 17 2011, 11:18 PM
Instructor
Welcome Derek, very nice story and a nice intro. If you need any help pursuing your goals, post on the boards, and we will try to help you achieve that goal as much as we can! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 18 2011, 02:56 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Mar 3 2011, 10:41 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Hey man, great to have you around! Welcome aboard smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:12 PM