7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Guitar Bushido - Mentoring Course !, with Sensei Ben..
PosterBoy
Jan 23 2012, 08:28 PM
Learning Roadie
This training sounds more Cobra Kai than Miyagi-do

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jan 23 2012, 09:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Ben - do you have Skype?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 23 2012, 09:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I've already watched Rocky I and II yesterday to get my motivation up laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 23 2012, 11:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 23 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Excellent !! I must admit, it's difficult to write this whilst listening to your 'Sensible and the Queen' video ! laugh.gif

Welcome to the Temple, Mad, Nimrandir Superize ! Dream Forge, don't worry this should run for quite a while... wink.gif

Extreme Training will begin in the next couple of days. Prepare your minds by punching an oak tree and trying to ignore the pain.. ph34r.gif

I got my kimono prepared! ph34r.gif This will be a long road. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 24 2012, 12:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 23 2012, 11:17 AM) *
Extreme Training will begin in the next couple of days. Prepare your minds by punching an oak tree and trying to ignore the pain.. ph34r.gif

I'm a little concerned about the squirrels. Will they be relocated for this exercise?

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 24 2012, 10:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Cool! Would love to join the master. My utube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Davezoomify?feature=mhee
mellow.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 24 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jan 23 2012, 08:17 PM) *
Ben - do you have Skype?

I do have Skype but we won't actually be using it for this. It will be a combo of tabs, Gpro, short videos, explanations etc that everyone can access all the time smile.gif

QUOTE (zoom @ Jan 24 2012, 09:35 AM) *
Cool! Would love to join the master. My utube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Davezoomify?feature=mhee
mellow.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Temple, Zoom ! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jan 23 2012, 11:16 PM) *
I'm a little concerned about the squirrels. Will they be relocated for this exercise?

Forget about the squirrels. Where are they when you're struggling with alternate picking or sweeping ? They're no help to a guitarist...

wink.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 24 2012, 06:49 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow this sounds really cool Ben! I'm down man here is my stuff, not alot to go on but its a start.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Richatthelake66?feature=mhee

[attachment=25964:lesson90warmup3.mp3]

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Jan 25 2012, 01:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Master Higgins !

I must say your combat skills are impressive, especially after rewatching your subzero and shadow of ninja video biggrin.gif
I know some special moves too : Hadoken...err I mean alternate picking, bends, vibrato a bit of legato and sweeping but it clearly doens't mean I master any of these techniques. Please teach me your ancient art ! smile.gif

here is my latest take from today :

http://youtu.be/wxkuQkEJ-iQ?hd=1

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 25 2012, 06:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Olivier awesome video production!!!!! lol

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 25 2012, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Greetings Disciples ! I trust that you are acclimatising to our snowy lair. After we have all eaten our breakfast of pork pies and ale you shall run around the temple to warm up, followed by 50 pushups and 20 squats.

Then you're ready to collect your guitars from the rack and I will suggest 1 of 3 corners of the temple for you to begin your studies. Don't be offended or dissapointed if you think I have assigned you to a level that you think is lower than you are, I would rather underestimate and then move you to a higher level than the other way around wink.gif

Also, just because we're using the terms beginner, intermediate, advanced it doesn't mean you're literally a beginner.. they're just relative to the types of things that we're going to be looking at. So, basically what I'm doing is suggesting where I think would be a good place to focus your energies but if you think that you can handle more then go with your instincts smile.gif

The Tasks themselves will involve either available GMC lessons (recent and archive) or licks that I will make specifically for you. All tasks will have a week to complete. Don't worry if you don't finish everything 100%, just do what you can. As long as you're achieveing something, you're achieveing smile.gif Also, everything we do will have a reason, even if it's not immediately obvious... ph34r.gif

So, eat and drink your fill and whilst you are warming up with morning exercise, I shall prepare the threads.........

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 25 2012, 11:38 AM

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 25 2012, 11:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 25 2012, 11:32 AM
Learning Roadie
Haha... this reminds me of when i was a kid, and christmas was coming, and you count down the days!

D Day is coming!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 25 2012, 11:49 AM
Instructor
Right, I've gone through and drawn up a basic list of groups. Bear in mind, that all of have weaknesses and strengths so we don't really fit into 1 category. I found that everyone I've assigned to Beginner could just as easily be Intermediate so you may find yourselves focusing on different threads for different areas of playing. Same with the Intermediate group (which is the biggest !).. some of you guys are definitely advanced in certain areas but other aspects still need some attention.

So, to cut a long story short.. you'll all probably find that different levels suit different areas of your playing so take Maharzan's lead as an example and try different Tasks from other threads if it feels right and post takes for what ever task you want to try. Enjoy ! biggrin.gif

Beginner:

Praetorian
Nihilist1 (wasn't sure because not much music to go on so you may easily be Inter..)
mad
Zoom

(I'd say that all you guys are higher than beginner)

Intermediate:

Jaxn4
Quadrium
snackajacks
Alexiaden93
Gitarrero
WeePee
Empan
metaldan
Marek
DreamForge
superize
Poster Boy
SirJamsalot
Olivier777
Sensible Jones

Advanced: (a very lonely group.. these guys will have colder fingers because they're higher up the moutain.. so you can all laugh at them ! tongue.gif )

Dinaga
Hungry for Heaven
maharzan
Nimrandir
AK Rich

That's my idea based on the small amount of listening I had... as I said, trust yourself and pick the Tasks which you think are suitable smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 25 2012, 12:00 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Cool.. I ate a lot coz I know I am going to starve now. Grabbed a last seater (I always do that) so no one finds out what I am doing. biggrin.gif Bring them on master!!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 25 2012, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Ok the threads are now open !

BEGINNER

INTERMEDIATE

ADVANCED

In the Karate dojo, the senior grades have a responsibility to their fellow students to help and guide them in the way... so remember that you can all help each other as well with advice and share your own experiences; what has helped you, what you've struggled with etc..

Begin ! ph34r.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 25 2012, 12:17 PM

+Quote Post
pikman
Jan 25 2012, 12:24 PM
GMC:er
sign me up Ben! always willing to learn from the master.......

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 25 2012, 12:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (pikman @ Jan 25 2012, 11:24 AM) *
sign me up Ben! always willing to learn from the master.......

You'll be pleased to know I don't have to actually sign you up, you can just join in ! smile.gif Just pick whatever group you want to join and begin ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 25 2012, 09:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks! I missed a lot of beginner lessons due to the fact that I am largely self-taught so I am sure that your decision was a good one!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
metaldan
Jan 26 2012, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
I will complete my task with honor Sifu!

We can make so many Street Fighter references with this...

HADOUKEN!!!

--------------------
My blog and instructional website

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:46 PM