9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Beginner Mtp Sign Up, its here
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 11 2008, 03:22 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Justinboy @ Dec 11 2008, 02:05 PM) *
Hi,

I would love to sign up as a student. What is the easiest, best way to supply you with a short video of my guitar experience? Thanks!

Alan

Just a quick webcam showing you playing using some different techniques. It's basically to see whether you'd benefit as there is obviously no point in you being in beginner MTP if you are better than intermediate quality and can play better than the person teaching you. So just webcam or vid cam yourself playing guitar and discuss what you want to improve in your playing and what you want to be able to play (so say jazz or blues etc.)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 11 2008, 10:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Ok Smells...I followed your advice and am jumping onboard! The pilot program was great, and I am sure the actual program will be even better! Here is the last lesson video I uploaded from the pilot MTP program...this reflects closely my current playing.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=10963

I am still very focused on learning both the blues as well as metal. I love these two styles of music and enjoy playing them both! I am able to practice about an hour each day when I work and about 2 hours each day when I am off...after the kids go to bed of course! Can't wait to get started...thanks again!

Ben

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Dec 11 2008, 10:18 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
big harry
Dec 12 2008, 07:37 AM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
ok folks

here i am again made some clips yesterday including

- John Frusciante style lesson
- Slow pentatonic lesson
- Pentatonic boxes 1 to 5
- Major Scale box 1
- Major Scale box 2
- Bon Jovi - You give love a bad name

i hope this will show the most parts of my playing and will be useful for the instructurs to categorize my level cool.gif

have fun

cya
Harry

PS: i hope this is enough Smells tongue.gif

This post has been edited by big harry: Dec 12 2008, 09:43 AM

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 12 2008, 11:55 AM
Showoff:D Just kidding!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
valentino
Dec 12 2008, 04:53 PM
Hi there
As you can see in my video I'm not a skilled player hehe.

I know some basics and I'm studing and learning a lot in the Theory Board.

My objetive of couse is to learn play guitar tongue.gif . My preference is soloing, but I know that rythm guitar is importat too to become complete guitarist.

I like very much Steve Vai's style, and I know that is very difficult to be as good as he is, but if I don't start I'll never know if this is possible tongue.gif

Here is my video.

I noticed that the part with backing track the volume isn't balanced so I also put another video with this part better balanced.

And I also want to put here the entry I have posted for the beginner competition.

This post has been edited by valentino: Dec 12 2008, 07:33 PM

--------------------
If somebody finds a slice of finger call me please, surely is mine

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Dec 12 2008, 07:38 PM
Hey there,

I'm very interested in joining the MTP. Although I'm heading into a direction that seems the right one I still need guidance.
What I really want is to reach a professional level, but I think that that's more a goal for a multiple-year-plan. So right now I just want to really master the basics so I have a solid foundation. I'm talking about (speed)picking, legato, tapping, extending my lick library, bends, vibrato, rhythm playing and theory. I really like listening to all styles, but what I want to achieve is an accessible guitar style. I don't want to sound like MAB/Yngwie/Paul Gilbert, but rather like Eddie van Halen/Richie Sambora/Slash.

Pleaaaase let me be in this program!!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrHTf0dcgdU

Video: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...l=mtp&st=32

Audio listed below smile.gif

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Dec 14 2008, 07:32 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Bon_Jovi___Living_On_A_Prayer_solo.mp3 ( 346.73K ) Number of downloads: 197
Attached File  Dark_Light_Collaboration.mp3 ( 532.27K ) Number of downloads: 169
Attached File  Old_School_Rock_Collabwb.mp3 ( 457.25K ) Number of downloads: 175
Attached File  Rock_Collab_with_backing.mp3 ( 561.25K ) Number of downloads: 163

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 13 2008, 09:24 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Here's my entry, there's a small spoken clip at the end as well. Please, I need help!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Dec 27 2008, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 13 2008, 11:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Skennington Rocks!!!!

GMCs Best member & Hardest worker without a shadow of a doubt you've come on loads mate since joined well done.

As you will see from the videos I need lots of help LOL; one of main problems is motivation so a mentor would really give me a good kick up the rear to get me going. Technique wise my alt picking sweep picking and clean playing are my biggest problems I have a lot of bad habbits.please help

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Joruus
Dec 14 2008, 05:37 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Smells,

I'd like to sign up for the new mtp smile.gif

This is my nicest trialMTP lesson video:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=10947

I still got an mtp lesson to finish but can't yet because my gmc membership ran out, and
my bank fails to send me a new creditcard (old one expired in september!) i hope to get
it before end of the year >__>

I want to learn everything needed to be a good guitarist, i need to learn all the basics first...
I like all styles,but mostly i'd love to play stuff like Vai, Satriani and Slash someday biggrin.gif

I can do some basic vibrato, bending and alternate picking, but im very bad with hammerons/pulloffs
and can't tap at all tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 14 2008, 04:50 PM
Here is my entrance for the Beginner MTP. It would be a great help for me to be part of this. I need help. Both on guitar and mentally tongue.gif laugh.gif

Here is my introduction:

And a few of my latest collab videos that shows off where I am at the minute. smile.gif

Slow Blues

Rockabilly

Christmas

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 14 2008, 05:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 11 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Didn't you record a video earlier for mtp? If so, use that one! smile.gif

ahah, thanks for remembering me!! Now let's find that post wink.gif

Ok so here we go:

I'v started playing guitar around the age of eight. I didn't really practice or anything, so it didn't real work, but I did learn my chords. I really started playing last October, and in December I started using GMC. I can play solo's like the modern blues (Muris), so that's my solo lvl. For rhythm guitar, as I said I can play most chords and songs like hotel California and Save Tonight are not very hard to play along. For riffing and power chords… I used to play heavy metal for beginners 3, and now I play Pumping Rock lesson, so I can use power chords just fine. My finger style is limited, I can do some easy tunes (tears in heaven) but that's about it. In improvisation, I'm more of the less is more attitude, and I don't like shredding. That's why I prefer the more melodic collaboration, for example the recent Gary Moore Style collab. My theory knowledge is the pentatonic scale, relative minor, harmonics and some more bits and pieces (e.g. how to make triads). Also I know the major scale in theory, not in boxes.

I want to learn the following things in the coming 6 months:

-Better improvisation, more melodic playing. Being able to put feeling in my music. Also being able to write, and not just improvise. I'm very active in collaborations, so that helps wink.gif

-Major scale, being able to play the positions. Fluid use of the pentatonic scale.

-I'd love to play more rock riffs.. I live for 'em wink.gif I love riffs like those in AC/DC.

-Improved Vibrato. Better use of it, and my own developed style.

-Improve my fingerstyle, just adding more and more songs. I want to get it to a higher level.

Furthermore, I want to keep on playing in between everything to keep progress with it, mainly by doing more and more GMC lessons.

My style would be varied. Going from soft blues, to hard rock. When I listen to music, I prefer rock, pop and eighties music. For instance, I love Toto!

When I play I prefer to use a more melodic approach. Lots of blues and stuff

I'v uploaded a little video with some sort of a Kaznie Medley Just some different stuff to show what I can. I also added a little improv. This realy was an improv, because after all the settings were right, I took it straight away, no overdubbing or whatsoever. The backing came from Siggum, so credits to him!

When I typed this text, it was a while ago. I've improved quit a bit, so now I'm into the same stuff, just a level higher wink.gif the most important thing in music is, for me, being able to play live. Meaning know some cool stuff, and being able to play it without any troubles or mistakes.

This is a video (and improvisation) I recorded back when writing the text. I now have a new guitar wink.gif

Video: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ost&id=9439
Little improv: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...ost&id=9440

For updated stuff.. I'm in the video collabs. So to see my playing, check out the Rockabilly collaboration, around 4:45.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 14 2008, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Ok here are some videos of my current playing level

The first videos is of Lian Gerbinos Viking-FOlk metal lesson and this describes my best side......Metal rythm the style i like to play the most....

This is a video of Muris Bb minor beginner lesson this video describes what i need to improve on..... Vibrato and Tone controll...... I have big difficulties to get my playing sound good and alive........

A video demonstrating my AP

Attached File  AP_2_98_bpm.wmv ( 3.42MB ) Number of downloads: 198

Some of the goals i have is to improve my vibrato, AP and legato.......

I also want to learn some more theory... I have never really liked to read so going to the theary board and start reading everything is not an option for me i would like to learn theory while playing.........

Hopefully i can become a better player with some coaching on the side....

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 15 2008, 12:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi guys,

Here is my entry for the MTP beginner part.

Video files

Here are a couple of videos which show my current level of playing (1st one more focussing on techniques, 2nd and 3rd one are more about 'feeling').

Christmas Rock Collab

Blues Ballad Collab

Slow Pentatonics Lesson

Audio files

Besides these videos I have participated in several collabs, of which I have attached the sound files in chronological order (it would probably also show how I progressed during the last months, and I don't even want to listen to some of the earlier ones anymore tongue.gif ).

Background

I have been playing the guitar effectively for about a year back in the early '90s, however lacked completely a proper lesson-plan etc etc. I was basically just trying to hit the strings and get proper sounds out of it (which to a certain extend even worked tongue.gif ). After this, I remained playing very minimal (sometimes once a month) for another 2 years, but then the guitars went to the attic.

Since about 1.5 years I have picked up my guitars again, and decided that this time things would go differently. I took lessons (which is extremely helpful getting the theory linked to the actual playing), but somehow it did not give me full joy. I came across GMC a while ago and since then I have developed myself quite a bit due to all the lessons, very valuable forum info and also the collabs. Since about 4 months I also play in a band, and am starting to write material for it smile.gif .

What do I want to achieve

I am interested in quite a few musical styles of which Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock and Hard Rock are the most important ones. However, I would very much like to get more into other styles as I believe it will make me a better musician in the end.

In particular I am having quite some difficulties with several aspects of my playing (as compared to other parts), and I would love to improve those also in the MTP:

Lead

Sweep picking, arpeggiated alternate picking runs (at higher speeds), and in general shredding

Rhythm

Combining chords with lead lines (hybrid picking), especially developing them on my own (example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSM3FL7zUdw).

Theory

Moving from knowing all the boxes of the major/minor scales, pentatonics and some of the modes towards 'on the spot' hearing which notes to play next (basically developing my ears more).

Although I would like to be able to playing some very fast runs if required, my ultimate goal is to become a good musician, and playing speed should only be a tool to reach that goal.

Finally, I do hope I will be selected for the MTP beginners as I certainly see all the benefits that come with it. Also, the actual obligation to show your progression on a regular basis will certainly be an extra stimulation to really work hard in achieving my long term goals.

Thanks for reading this awful long application smile.gif .

Roger

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Dec 15 2008, 01:05 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  3.4_Collab.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 180
Attached File  Fine_Rock_Melodies.mp3 ( 656.94K ) Number of downloads: 185
Attached File  Michael_VR_WBT.mp3 ( 914.06K ) Number of downloads: 181
Attached File  Mayer_VR_wBT.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 165
Attached File  Old_School_VelvetRoger_wBT.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 186
Attached File  80s_collab___Velvet_Roger_wBT.mp3 ( 800.33K ) Number of downloads: 192
Attached File  Classical_Rock_Velvet_Roger_wBT.mp3 ( 753.06K ) Number of downloads: 205

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 18 2008, 10:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
@ Velvet Roger: I just saw your christmas rock take... Beginner??? You're far to good wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 18 2008, 01:11 PM
Any idea when we will be getting paired up with our instructors?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 19 2008, 08:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 18 2008, 10:30 AM) *
@ Velvet Roger: I just saw your christmas rock take... Beginner??? You're far to good wink.gif

Nah I have loads and loads to learn really, but thanks for the nice words smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 29 2008, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
*****BUMP******

The Phase one Intermediate entry winners are soon to be announced biggrin.gif

With this in mind we still need more members to sign up to the beginner MTP! smile.gif

Soon we will be looking at pairing a beginner to an intermediate for the next phase of the competition, if you wish to be considered for this as well then make sure you have a sign up video in this thread no later than next weekend, (4th January)

smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 29 2008, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 29 2008, 09:48 PM) *
*****BUMP******

The Phase one Intermediate entry winners are soon to be announced biggrin.gif

With this in mind we still need more members to sign up to the beginner MTP! smile.gif

Soon we will be looking at pairing a beginner to an intermediate for the next phase of the competition, if you wish to be considered for this as well then make sure you have a sign up video in this thread no later than next weekend, (4th January)

smile.gif

Excited!!!

+Quote Post
jdriver
Dec 30 2008, 02:16 AM
QUOTE (Rock @ Dec 10 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Does anyone know how to view on a Mac? For some reason when I click on the link all I see is a Quicktime logo.

Quicktime doesn't like Windows Media, and vice versa. Use VideoLAN. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 30 2008, 04:31 AM
videolan is the shiz.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:04 AM