Power Chords
carminemarotta
Mar 22 2012, 08:11 PM
GMC:er
Hi GMCers

I usually played power chords with my first and third fingers. I realized that using the fourth instead of the third give me more hand flexibility. Am I losing something not playing with first third and fourth finger?

Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 22 2012, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 22 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Hi GMCers

I usually played power chords with my first and third fingers. I realized that using the fourth instead of the third give me more hand flexibility. Am I losing something not playing with first third and fourth finger?

Carmine

I have always used my 1st, 3rd and 4th as well

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Mar 22 2012, 08:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 22 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Hi GMCers

Carmine

I think it's a matter of preference. I sometimes play it with 1st, 3rd and 4th, sometimes only with 1st and 4th finger. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2012, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Sometimes I use the fingers 1 and 3 and sometimes 1 and 4, it's the same for me. No matter what option you use you don't loose anything. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
spacebran
Mar 23 2012, 03:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Mar 22 2012, 07:11 PM) *
Hi GMCers

Carmine

It depends what kind of power chords I am playing. If I include the octave, I use first, third, and fourth. If I'm playing just the 5th, than I naturally use my first and fourth finger, but switch it up depending on what I'm playing.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2012, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine smile.gif not losing anything at all, but gaining freedom of movement - as Gabe stated, it's important to be aware of the context you are in man. For instance, when playing a funky vamp having let's say, E9 and E13 I always use my pink to fret the 13 th biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:45 PM