Final Countdown
Eagle
Oct 14 2008, 06:38 PM
GMC:er
Hello, I "just want to know" how do you make the solo in the final countdown of Europe, with tapping or not.
Thank you verry mutch.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
seagull
Oct 14 2008, 06:43 PM
The "solos theme" part is played using 2-string arpeggios. If I remember correctly, the solo starts on 12th fret B-string, goes 10th fret high E-string and the 12th fret on the same string, then repeating the order a couple of times and moving on.
You would then play the note on the B-string with a down picking motion, the 10th fret on the E-string with a downwards pick again, and then the 12th on the E-string with an upstroke followed by a pull-off to the 10th fret.

Hope this helps, if not, ask ....smile.gif

Long time since I played it tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by seagull: Oct 14 2008, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post
Eagle
Oct 14 2008, 07:04 PM
I understand, but when I make the pull off of the 14th fret to the 10th fret, I haven't sound whith a distortion so I don't hear the 4th note of the theme.
( sorry for my english, I hope you will understand )

Sorry, I think I make a bad pull off so I will work, thanks.

+Quote Post
seagull
Oct 14 2008, 08:49 PM
QUOTE (Eagle @ Oct 14 2008, 08:04 PM) *
I understand, but when I make the pull off of the 14th fret to the 10th fret, I haven't sound whith a distortion so I don't hear the 4th note of the theme.
( sorry for my english, I hope you will understand )

Sorry, I think I make a bad pull off so I will work, thanks.

Yeah, I understand..smile.gif Just work on pull-off and hammer-ons in that solo, you don't have to play it EXACTLY as the record. You can make it sound nice by playing it with some hammer-ons and pull-ofs combined. smile.gif

Good luck!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor
yes, the technique is two string sweep picking and You can find an explanation and a lesson based on it here Malmsteen Style 3

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 14 2008, 09:53 PM
Instructor
In this video you can see the solo played by John Norum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuayFYlMXt8...feature=related

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Oct 14 2008, 11:25 PM
Instructor
its arpegios not tapping and the key of this song F#

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:18 PM