Ballad Collaboration, Audio Collab with comments - sign in! :)
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 11 2011, 10:18 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! smile.gif I'm reopening collaboration that I had couple of months ago. I had to close it due to the fact that there weren't enough interest. However, it's now open, and it's audio collab, so it will be easier for new members (but old ones as well) to participate. Have fun! smile.gif

Backing track is around 1 minute, here's chord progression:

|Dm7 | Am7 | Dm7 | Am7 |
| FMaj7 | G7 | C | C |
| Am7 | Em7 | Am7 | Em7 |
| FMaj7 | G7| C | C |

end: C

Tempo is 70bpm.

BACKING TRACK

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 11 2011, 11:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Nice backing smile.gif I'm up for it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Frank
Jun 12 2011, 12:58 AM
GMC:er
I like this Track Ivan all ready.I'm not shoor what i can make out of it .I probably try to see. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 12 2011, 11:56 AM
Instructor
Thanks for joining in guys! We have time until end of the month for this one! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
K1R
Jun 12 2011, 12:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'd like to participate too smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2011, 12:40 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great backing, I'm in!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 12 2011, 01:17 PM
Instructor
Wow, thanks for joining in guys! smile.gif WIll be happy to hear your takes! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2011, 01:25 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
by the way, should we record video as well?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
K1R
Jun 12 2011, 04:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is my take smile.gif

Attached File  Emotive_Ballad_with_backing_track.mp3 ( 2.49MB ) Number of downloads: 254

Attached File  Emotive_Ballad_without_backing_track.mp3 ( 2.49MB ) Number of downloads: 266

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 12 2011, 08:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2011, 02:25 PM) *
by the way, should we record video as well?

There's no need for video if you don't want to do it, but video would be better ofc smile.gif

QUOTE (K1R @ Jun 12 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Here is my take smile.gif

Attached File  Emotive_Ballad_with_backing_track.mp3 ( 2.49MB ) Number of downloads: 254

Attached File  Emotive_Ballad_without_backing_track.mp3 ( 2.49MB ) Number of downloads: 266

Sounds very good man, I like the playing a lot, nice tone! smile.gif I will comment in more detail tomorrow! There could be some improvements here, mostly related to the way you improvise, and some technicalities smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jun 20 2011, 10:43 PM
GMC:er
Here's my entry Ivan! First collaboration... me hopes you like tongue.gif

I did like K1R, one with and one without backing, is that ok? I also rendered in a pretty low bit rate, but I guess that's fine for this kind of use...

Sean

Attached File(s)
Attached File  ballad_collab_Ivan_sean_wbt.mp3 ( 937.84K ) Number of downloads: 263
Attached File  ballad_collab_Ivan_sean_NObt.mp3 ( 891.45K ) Number of downloads: 259

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 20 2011, 11:11 PM
Instructor
Great backing ,so inspiring,...Only students ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jun 21 2011, 07:02 PM
Learning Roadie
NO WAY, I've got to hear Sinisa play over this backing. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 21 2011, 09:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Jun 21 2011, 08:02 PM) *
NO WAY, I've got to hear Sinisa play over this backing. biggrin.gif

...Nobody wants to play with me.... sad.gif .......smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 21 2011, 10:20 PM
Instructor
Hehe, it would be an honor to hear you play over this one my friend! smile.gif

Sorry for late response on the comments guys! smile.gif

K1R: I think you did a very good job on this one. The main problem I see with your playing is the way you hold your thumb (up on the fretboard). It's slowing you down, so I advise that you try to keep it behind the neck. Other thing concerns the way you bend that 8th fret of the B string. Instead of using the pinky, try using the ring finger, it's a bit stronger, and always have support from other fingers behind it. Also important thing to upgrade is your scale knowledge on the bass strings of the pentatonic positions 2, 3 and 4. This will open new possibilities for creating melodies. In addition to all of this, I think you managed to do a very nice improvisation with very good tone, and sense for structure and melody. Keep up the good work! smile.gif

Sean_1234: Excellent playing with some very cool effects added. I like the thing you tried to achieve with your tone, but you should be careful not to sound too buzzy, as this occurs easily with lots of distortion. EQing the sound is needed in these cases. As far as your playing goes, you are very rounded player with nice sense for rhythm, structure and dynamics. I think you should work a bit more on your improvising skills, and learn the notes on the fretboard. I believe that you aren't aware where all the notes are in the patterns, and often you land on non-strong note in a crucial moment, like on a chord change, or the strong beat of the bar. Analyzing the backing, and following only the root notes of the chords from the backing will help there. Nevertheless, everything else is excellent, well done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Jun 22 2011, 06:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
When is the deadline to participate / have our files in?

Thanks,
Michael

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 22 2011, 09:55 PM
Instructor
One more week mate! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 28 2011, 06:43 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here we go, I tried to play only a few notes and let my vibrato and the ping-pong effect do the rest tongue.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jun 29 2011, 06:24 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ivan, here's my take. Great backing. Looking forward to your comments...

Attached File  20110628_BalladCollab_wbt.mp3 ( 2.49MB ) Number of downloads: 254

Attached File  20110628_BalladCollab_nobt.mp3 ( 2.49MB ) Number of downloads: 260

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 2 2011, 10:47 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, here's the final mix! smile.gif

And all the comments! smile.gif

K1R: I think you did a very good job on this one. The main problem I see with your playing is the way you hold your thumb (up on the fretboard). It's slowing you down, so I advise that you try to keep it behind the neck. Other thing concerns the way you bend that 8th fret of the B string. Instead of using the pinky, try using the ring finger, it's a bit stronger, and always have support from other fingers behind it. Also important thing to upgrade is your scale knowledge on the bass strings of the pentatonic positions 2, 3 and 4. This will open new possibilities for creating melodies. In addition to all of this, I think you managed to do a very nice improvisation with very good tone, and sense for structure and melody. Keep up the good work! smile.gif

Sean_1234: Excellent playing with some very cool effects added. I like the thing you tried to achieve with your tone, but you should be careful not to sound too buzzy, as this occurs easily with lots of distortion. EQing the sound is needed in these cases. As far as your playing goes, you are very rounded player with nice sense for rhythm, structure and dynamics. I think you should work a bit more on your improvising skills, and learn the notes on the fretboard. I believe that you aren't aware where all the notes are in the patterns, and often you land on non-strong note in a crucial moment, like on a chord change, or the strong beat of the bar. Analyzing the backing, and following only the root notes of the chords from the backing will help there. Nevertheless, everything else is excellent, well done.

Gitarrero: Excellent phrases, very good rhythmical control over them, and effective use of the slides too. I also very much like your tone, and the way you manage to control it. It really has a nice mellow vibe to it, and the tone is consistent from note to note, which is very important for a player to achieve. You are on the right track. There is one important thing I should comment and that is the use of strong notes. I believe that you have good knowledge of the scales, but you should pay more attention to the notes within chords. This kind of a backing is a simple one, and it would be good to finish the phrases on the root (or strong) notes. Lots of phrases are slow here, and can be ineffective if you finish on non-strong note, so I consider this only thing that needs upgrading here.

JamesT: Excellent work, very smooth and soft playing with great tone control. Excellent legato runs here and there, they really add to the feel. I also think you made a very nice connection with the chords, as you tend to finish the phrases/passages on proper notes. Couple of things that caught my attention are the vibratos and bends. They are a bit slow and lack precision in pitch, and I consider this the only aspect of your playing that needs leveling up with other aspects. You are on the right track definitely, and awesome sounding player, so IMO you should pay more attention to this - and it will pay out greatly. One small thing in the end was not so effective ending, but this could be because the backing was looped, or because of cross fading with other takes. All in all, great work.

Thanks a lot for participating guys! smile.gif I'll post another collab soon, and connect it with video chat material, so I invite you to participate! smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Ballad_Collaboration_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 5.3MB ) Number of downloads: 254

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:42 PM